Author Topic: What If Kung Fu catches fire...  (Read 3919 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
What If Kung Fu catches fire...
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:00:18 pm »
and actually brings Tim and Adrian the acclaim many of us feel they should be receiving and The Breakfast becomes the side project?

I mean what if it becomes a viable money making project and goes on to become a well known band?

The potential in players is there and it seems the Kroop managerial machine is back in effect.

How would you feel about it? You still get Breakfast shows in the NE but Kung Fu tours and is the priority.

Chris has his solo thing going and Jordan has a job so if The Breakfast becomes less of a priority it probably wouldn\'t hurt them.

I would be all for it if it meant Tim and Adrian becoming more recognized nationally.

Besides The Breakfast would only benefit from them having a higher profile in the market and might actually make money at the shows they would play.

Thoughts?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »
Quote from: leith;256821

Thoughts?

I hope Kung Fu catches fire and spreads far and wide.  

I really see no downside

-Tim & Adrian get better gigs & more well-deserved attention that is unlikely to occur otherwise
-Breakfast could still play the same number of shows they play now when the Fu is off
-Kung Fu may turn more people onto the B\'fast and allow our beloved band more success
-supergroup factor that allows more outside prominence to seep in via sit-ins, festival spots, connections etc.

-Kung Fu is just a seed and we have no idea what it could grow into
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

GLuft3

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:44:09 pm »
More power to them!  Tim & Adrian should be playing to thousands!  Women should be throwing underwear at them. King Fu can only help draw some attention to the face-melting jams that are The Breakfast.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:02:14 pm »
The guys do play to thousands,(just not all at the same time) & woman do throw their underwear at them,(we just don\'t get to watch).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:12:00 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
who wouldnt want that
break it down, simplify

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:21 am »
bring it!

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 10:35:25 am »
if they catch fire i can only help the breakfast in the long run. while my heart is with the breakfast, i know have a secret crush on Kung Fu after thursday night.  holy shit was it fun.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 10:51:21 am »
as long as d\'angelis and jordan and game for shows in new england then more power to them.  i hope kung fu  plays everywhere else in the nation and the breakfast still get their regular home gigs.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 12:15:02 pm »
The premise is that success for Kung-Fu can only help The Breakfast. Whether this is actually true I think has yet to play out. If they are going to go around the country having The Breakfast open for Kung-Fu, maybe. Even though the idea of that just doesn\'t seem right to me. But otherwise could we see consecutive months without Breakfast shows... no NYE show... and other important dates reserved for Kung Fu instead of Breakfast?

Anyway I suspect after this summer Kung Fu will have established itself as the band with clearly more interest and draw. Breakfast will be hired to do a residency at Stella Blues as a Dead cover band.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 01:15:48 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;256844

Anyway I suspect after this summer Kung Fu will have established itself as the band with clearly more interest and draw. Breakfast will be hired to do a residency at Stella Blues as a Dead cover band.

It\'s a good thing this wasn\'t on the positive vibe only thread!

Like I said once before, Tim & Adrian find time to do what they wish. There will still be time for The Breakfast.
I doubt Kung Fu will be an extensive touring band. A few days away here & there.
There\'s young families with most of the band. Kung Fu could be part of major festivals,(which they already are).
People who like Kung Fu will check out everything these guys do. Nothing to gripe about here!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:23:59 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:00 pm »
What everyone else is forgetting is that RAQ is back together and bound to start touring as well...  Take from that what you will...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 07:31:10 pm »
trust me I am not forgetting that.  But RAQ is in the same boat as the BFast.  Kung Fu could side step them as well...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »
Quote from: krispy;256848
trust me I am not forgetting that.  But RAQ is in the same boat as the BFast.  Kung Fu could side step them as well...

TB is always going to be my favorite, but I\'d be lying if I said that I wasn\'t getting into RAQ...  Also, I wouldn\'t put RAQ in the same boat; when was the last time TB played The Bowery, let alone sold it out; 5/10/03...  Kung Fu has potential, but RAQ is THE BAND out of the 3 right now...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 08:17:04 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;256849
Quote from: krispy;256848

TB is always going to be my favorite, but I\'d be lying if I said that I wasn\'t getting into RAQ...  Also, I wouldn\'t put RAQ in the same boat; when was the last time TB played The Bowery, let alone sold it out; 5/10/03...  Kung Fu has potential, but RAQ is THE BAND out of the 3 right now...

:lol: Yeah OK. Maybe you should have ended that last sentence with for me because...

As of 5/8/10 per JamBase and the band\'s respective webpages:
RAQ has 2 shows scheduled both festival spots.
The Breakfast has 7 shows scheduled with 5 being festival spots  
Kung Fu has 13 dates with 6 of them being Festival dates.

Reports of RAQ\'s reunion show have been mixed as expected but to say they are THE BAND out of the 3 is just ridiculous especially in light of the dates booked.

Yes Chris has been playing with Bisco but that is no reason dates can not be booked.
Oh wait maybe RAQ dates are not booked because Kung Fu has Stoops wrapped up?

Naaaah couldn\'t be that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 10:15:48 pm »
RAQ is not being booked because they do not want to dedicate the time and energy into RAQ.  Period.