Poll

(02) Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) vs. (05) Over Exposure

ooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)
30 (52.6%)
ver Exposure
27 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: November 18, 2007, 01:15:02 pm

Author Topic: CHAMPIONSHIP: (02) Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) def. (05) Over Exposure 30-27  (Read 28066 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
CHAMPIONSHIP: (02) Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) def. (05) Over Exposure 30-27
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2007, 06:57:17 pm »
The thing is alot of people have stated they would have voted for Mooboo\'s but due to it not being played so much they went with OE. Understand my confusion about what this tourney is about?
It\'s clear Mooboo\'s is the better song just not as popular at the moment.
The problem seems to come from how do we seed this tourney?
Using all the songs and the play in round we had this year with clear rankings established and MP3 links at the beginning of the tourney to help people vote for the better song is what we are using but it does not seem to be working that way and has become something else.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2007, 07:03:41 pm »
Quote from: leith;169112

Using all the songs and the play in round we had this year with clear rankings established and MP3 links at the beginning of the tourney to help people vote for the better song is what we are using but it does not seem to be working that way and has become something else.

It seems to me that both of these songs are the "better" songs since they are in the championship round.  Telling people how to vote on this takes away our basic fundamental rights to make our own decision on how we rate these songs.  Which is why, I have not yet voted.  ;)  Some of us like tomatoes, and some of us like tom-ah-toes.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2007, 07:15:33 pm »
Quote from: leith;169105
Quote from: sallyalli;169097
Well I wish it would happen but people are pulling out all the stops like AlZ getting his sister to vote for OE and she could not tell you which song was which if you played them for her. Sad really.

Yup, it was basically Al Z x 2 for this vote.  Completely legal though.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2007, 07:37:13 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;169114
Quote from: leith;169112

It seems to me that both of these songs are the "better" songs since they are in the championship round.  Telling people how to vote on this takes away our basic fundamental rights to make our own decision on how we rate these songs.  Which is why, I have not yet voted.  ;)  Some of us like tomatoes, and some of us like tom-ah-toes.
I\'m not telling anyone how to vote only expressing confusion on the change in voting. It starts out as it is configured to work. People vote for songs based on them being better than the other. I merely think this from reading people\'s reasons for voting for songs. It eventually changed to what it is now and not as it started out.
Well I wish it would happen but people are pulling out all the stops like AlZ getting his sister to vote for OE and she could not tell you which song was which if you played them for her. Sad really.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;169116
Yup, it was basically Al Z x 2 for this vote.  Completely legal though.
Whatever. This is what I mean by this tourney has turned into nothing more than a popularity contest.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:39:53 pm by leith »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2007, 07:44:28 pm »
I like Over Exposure and would rather hear it more right now than I would Mooboo\'s. If I was on my death-bed and these were the only two tracks someone beside me had in their pocket and asked, "Which one Cheesecake?" I\'d probably say Mooboo\'s. But this tourney is supposed to breathe and change, it\'d be pointless to not vote within the context of where the songs sit today. In your case I feel like a World Cup format is more ideal. But it\'s yearly. This is the 2007 TOT. So stop whining, OE has had a wonderful year, it\'s hot right now. It\'s Golden State in last year\'s Playoffs while Mooboo\'s is Dallas. Go fix yourself some warm milk and bask in boredom while I piggy-back Baron Davis to the hole and dunk all over Dirk with fresh legs.

no mooboos! come back!

That\'s definitely shady Al.............  Glad you\'re on my team pal!!

No but seriously, I hope OE wins by at least two now. A 1-point victory would be faulty with the over exposure of zurflue\'s vote.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:44:28 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2007, 07:46:28 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;169120
I like Over Exposure and would rather hear it more right now than I would Mooboo\'s. If I was on my death-bed and these were the only two tracks someone beside me had in their pocket and asked, "Which one Cheesecake?" I\'d probably say Mooboo\'s. But this tourney is supposed to breathe and change, it\'d be pointless to not vote within the context of where the songs sit today. In your case I feel like a World Cup format is more ideal. But it\'s yearly. This is the 2007 TOT. So stop whining, OE has had a wonderful year, it\'s hot right now. It\'s Golden State in last year\'s Playoffs while Mooboo\'s is Dallas. Go fix yourself some warm milk and bask in boredom while I piggy-back Baron Davis to the hole and dunk all over Dirk with fresh legs.

See that\'s what I\'m saying I understand it\'s yearly but the band has new songs each year also which changes the seedings and such. So such as myself vote on that year\'s current batch of songs given to listen to and vote for. Not on which is hotter but which is overall better. Opinions change over the years yes and some may think OE is truly better and if they think it is the better song great but to think a song is better and then not vote for it throws out any reasoning for seeds in the first place.

You do make me laugh though so thanks.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2007, 07:56:11 pm »
But also realize that OE is not just "the chosen song for the year". It, to me, is that good to challenge a song as good as Mooboo\'s. It has the potential to be thee highlight in a show where Mooboo\'s was also played. I\'ve seen them both live on separate occasions, and whether or not my mood was a factor I can\'t measure, but OE left me pulling my hair and laughing in disbelief where Mooboo\'s just had me saying, "That was really cool to hear live, sweet jam". See what I\'m sayin? I understand your point, but gotta\' let you in on why I voted OE.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2007, 08:07:23 pm »
no mooboos! come back!

ALZ! that is some scandalous shit.
Im sure there is more than one vote like that though.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2007, 08:11:39 pm »
Quote from: leith;169102
Just because Mooboo\'s has not been played as often is not a reason to vote for OE. Then it just becomes a popularity contest.

If this isn\'t a popularity contest, then what is it? Unless somebody can show me the definition of "better" when it comes to music, the Tournament of Tunes is and should be a popularity contest.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

leith

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2007, 08:20:50 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;169127
But also realize that OE is not just "the chosen song for the year". It, to me, is that good to challenge a song as good as Mooboo\'s. It has the potential to be thee highlight in a show where Mooboo\'s was also played. I\'ve seen them both live on separate occasions, and whether or not my mood was a factor I can\'t measure, but OE left me pulling my hair and laughing in disbelief where Mooboo\'s just had me saying, "That was really cool to hear live, sweet jam". See what I\'m sayin? I understand your point, but gotta\' let you in on why I voted OE.

Potential ain\'t shit son.

No really the way you describe it I think you have actually changed your deathbed vote. This reasoning I can understand.
 OE makes you nut and Mooboo\'s makes ya get a bit chubby cool.

Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;169131
Quote from: leith;169102
Just because Mooboo\'s has not been played as often is not a reason to vote for OE. Then it just becomes a popularity contest.
If this isn\'t a popularity contest, then what is it? Unless somebody can show me the definition of "better" when it comes to music, the Tournament of Tunes is and should be a popularity contest.

Then why bother seeding in the first place? It\'s where the songs are divided into good and better songs. So right from the start YOU ARE GIVEN A DEFINITION VIA SEEDS.
Why not just have a poll which song do you like the best?

And before anyone gets all crazy just because one song is seeded above another I do not think it should automatically get the vote as some may have surmised from my last post. I merely mean there is a system in place seeding the songs in terms of "better".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:20:50 pm by leith »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2007, 08:21:50 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli;169129

Well, she has been registered on here for a year or two, she just doesn\'t know many of the Breakfast songs.  So naturally I nudged her towards OE.  If I signed someone up just for this vote, it would be grounds for .info sanctions.

sidenote: Mooboo\'s was one of the first songs that really sucked me into PB back in the day.  I remember riding my bike around belting out the lyrics.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:24:30 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2007, 08:22:18 pm »
Because, like, this is so much more funner dooood.

leith

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2007, 08:30:57 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;169136
Quote from: sallyalli;169129

Well, she has been registered on here for a year or two, she just doesn\'t know many of the Breakfast songs.  So naturally I nudged her towards OE.  If I signed someone up just for this vote, it would be grounds for .info sanctions.

sidenote: Mooboo\'s was one of the first songs that really sucked me into PB back in the day.  I remember riding my bike around belting out the lyrics.

Dude her vote should not count, because you know as well as I do that you told her to vote for OE. You did not ask her to listen to both songs and make an informed decision.
That is where I take issue w/ your action.

sidenote to your sidenote: I really feel sorry for the neighborhood you were riding through.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:29 pm »
I love how Erika "Sketchika" Zurflueh is a major topic in a hot .info thread.  If only you guys knew the legend of whom you speak.  Nice work DJ Pebbles.

Whoever mentioned the World Cup format, that was hot.  A little pool play before the single eliminations would be totally fun.

leith

« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2007, 09:39:33 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;169148
I love how Erika "Sketchika" Zurflueh is a major topic in a hot .info thread.  If only you guys knew the legend of whom you speak.  Nice work DJ Pebbles.

Whoever mentioned the World Cup format, that was hot.  A little pool play before the single eliminations would be totally fun.

I know her all too well. Now she\'s gonna be all excited because you posted about her.