Poll

How concerned/worried are you about the swine flu?

ot worried at all.
28 (70%)
orta worried.
9 (22.5%)
ERY WORRIED!
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: 40 confirmed cases of swine flu in united states  (Read 13788 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
40 confirmed cases of swine flu in united states
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2009, 08:54:26 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;229086
Quote from: Spacey;228958

Now all the .info sallies can rest easy.

just got the first shipment of employee-use TAMIFLU to the pharmacy today. they are sending it out to all employees in case the pandemic (which has been upgraded to level 5)  affects our ability to work.

Mark brought home a form from the dept tonight.  he has to list everyone living in his household and what they are allergic to, because if there is a mass epidemic, apparently, police and their spouses (and children of police officers) get first dibs on antibiotics.  

I still think its all crazy though....  
but i promise to share....i can pretend you are all my children.....

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2009, 10:40:27 pm »
I\'m glad all of society\'s brightest individuals get dibs on antibiotics.

(kidding Skye!)
Masturbation in the MFA

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2009, 11:07:39 pm »
^^it\'s all good, jocelyn.   ;)    I actually think its kind of crazy.  If there was a serious epidemic, I would give my medicine to one of my lil cousins, knowing me...i\'d rather sacrifice myself for one of them.

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2009, 10:29:40 am »
this is just another thing for the general poulation to freak out about. just like the bird flu, sars, etc. everything will be fine, its treatable. people are blowing this way out of proportion
break it down, simplify

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2009, 10:59:49 pm »
Humans with improper sanitation and vaccines-

Medical supplies in the form of "Antibiotics" breed many super germs as they mutate and adapt. Instead of forcing vaccines on everyone, we might need to close the borders and prevent people from spreading the disease around in hospitals and public places. That also means stopping travel to/from. It\'s not fair for non-citizens to flood hospitals with illness and get free=stolen care. It\'s not about racism, it\'s about respect for other populations who you threaten to infect.

The real way to fight this and protect yourself should look like:

Slowly boil and simmer a decoction:
Ginger Root, grated
Burdock Root
Dandelion Root
Yellow Dock Root
White Ceremonial Sage leaves
Fresh Rosemary
Crushed Garlic
Cinnamon
Red Cayenne Pepper

Add an infusion (quick covered boil) of:
**Eucalyptus Leaves***
Lavender flowers
Thai Basil leaves
Chamomile flowers
Rosehips
Green Tea  

To sweeten, add

Local Unfiltered Raw Honey
Rosewater

Rinse and gargle with filtered warm water, 2 drops Tea Tree oil and sea salt soln. tid (3x daily)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2009, 03:27:13 am »
or Echinacea tea...
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2009, 09:20:47 am »
They said there would never be a black president until pigs could fly. Just over 100 days into Obama\'s presidency, swine flu.   :rimshot:
Smell my mule.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2009, 09:24:59 am »
Sweet looks like all I need to do if I get swine flu is raid my parents herbs n\' spices cabinet.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2009, 10:02:15 am »
It could help your immune response. It always works for me and those near and dear. It\'s really about sleeping enough, eating properly, and getting bio-available plant compounds. (Well, I guess that counts us all out, which is why tea can help a lot!) Maybe we can grow some in ds\' Biodome?
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2009, 10:06:42 am »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;229227
bio-available plant compounds

What the hell is this?  Doesn\'t sound like anything I\'d eat.  Bring on the Tylenol/Advil/Alieve/Cold & Sinus med/whatever script that my MD and his "professional" opinion believes I need...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2009, 10:20:40 am »
Rather than speak in chemist\'s terms, I simplified. There are MD\'s who support my case too! I wouldn\'t just depend on my old granny\'s secrets. But seriously, the kind of junk in Tylenol cold is no match for stuff from the Earth. Most of it is artificially dyed with aluminum derivatives (Red 40). This hurts over long term exposure.

It\'s important to remember than many doctors and pharmies have a business to run! It\'s ridiculously political. Why should they care about long range case studies, unless it means a lawsuit?

Side effects are null when it comes to natural remedies.

I do support Western Medicine as an aggregate, esp. when it comes to vaccination against already eradicated diseases like polio and M-M-R. I\'ve never gotten a flu shot and never will. I don\'t need any more mercury and thimerisol in my body, thanks! I don\'t like taking antibiotics because it decreases friendly bacteria, but in some (very few) cases it\'s necessary--some bacteria are deadly. I am bothered by doctors that prescribe antibiotics for viruses. They are contributing to resistant strains of microbes.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2009, 10:31:43 am »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;229229
Rather than speak in chemist\'s terms, I simplified. There are MD\'s who support my case too! I wouldn\'t just depend on my old granny\'s secrets. But seriously, the kind of junk in Tylenol cold is no match for stuff from the Earth. Most of it is artificially dyed with aluminum derivatives (Red 40). This hurts over long term exposure.

It\'s important to remember than many doctors and pharmies have a business to run! It\'s ridiculously political. Why should they care about long range case studies, unless it means a lawsuit?

Side effects are null when it comes to natural remedies.

I do support Western Medicine as an aggregate, esp. when it comes to vaccination against already eradicated diseases like polio and M-M-R. I\'ve never gotten a flu shot and never will. I don\'t need any more mercury and thimerisol in my body, thanks! I don\'t like taking antibiotics because it decreases friendly bacteria, but in some (very few) cases it\'s necessary--some bacteria are deadly. I am bothered by doctors that prescribe antibiotics for viruses. They are contributing to resistant strains of microbes.

you make some very valid points (especially about unnecessary antibiotics)

however, you have to be careful with natural remedies.... not all of them are without risk ! st. johns wort is an enzyme inducer which means it can decrease the level of other medications in your body (like birth control pills, ie, you can get pregnant) ... in addition, some have been associated with life-threatening adverse effects (like serotonin syndrome or Stevens-Johnson syndrome).... in addition, some natural supplements actually contain medications by prescription ( for example, Red yeast rice can lower cholesterol because it contains Lovastatin, a prescription drug for cholesterol management. This medication requires liver function tests every 6 months)

i am certainly an advocate of natural remedies, however, because they do actually work. its just hard for me to recommend because we have limited randomized, placebo-controlled studies to verify if they actually are statistically effective. this is because companies will not pay to investigate this because they can\'t patent and naturally-occurring substance. i know, it frustrates me as well!

you must also use caution when buying supplements; they are considered a "food product" and thus do not have to be quality-tested by the FDA. i read a study that showed herbal supplements to contain anywhere from 25-225% of the actual amount of
 labeled ingredients! always buy products that come from a USP certified supplier !!!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2009, 10:33:58 am »
I am bothered by doctors that prescribe antibiotics for viruses. They are contributing to resistant strains of microbes.

I think that this is a problem with the patient as much as the doctor.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:58 am »
Quote from: Yoda;229234
I am bothered by doctors that prescribe antibiotics for viruses. They are contributing to resistant strains of microbes.

patients (especially parents of sick kids) are so pushy sometimes. but i do see doctors putting refills on antibiotics, and i always ask them, very curtly, if they are sure they want refills. its really really irresponsible and unethical.....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2009, 10:41:12 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;229235
Quote from: Yoda;229234

patients (especially parents of sick kids) are so pushy sometimes. but i do see doctors putting refills on antibiotics, and i always ask them, very curtly, if they are sure they want refills. its really really irresponsible and unethical.....

I\'m not going to complaign about the refill on an antibiotic for "me"...  I get chronic sinus infections, so my ENT ususally gives me a 2 refill for whatever the antibiotoc of choice is (currently levaquin).  For me, it\'s easier than taking the time to go to the Dr. every other month when he and I know what the outcome will be...