Author Topic: Tammany Hall!!!!  (Read 2686 times)

BriGeer

Tammany Hall!!!!
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:49:55 pm »
Hey everyone. Haven\'t been on this site in a while. I used to be YoMa for those who remember me. I wasn\'t able to enter the forums under that name so I switched handles, but anyway...

I know I\'m gonna come off as a fanboy but whatever!

I was fortunate enough to attend the Tammany Hall show. I\'ve been seeing this band off and on since 2001, racked up about 20 shows or so in that time. Since my taste in music is always evolving and changing, I usually can only follow one particular band around for so long until I\'m on to something else. The Breakfast has always been a band that I have phases with. All it takes is seeing one or two shows and I\'m back into it. After the Tammany Hall show, I think I\'m in it for the long haul!

I haven\'t really read any reviews on here, but I really think this was the best show I\'ve ever seen them play. Everything about the night was just perfect. The people, the energy, EVERYTHING. I knew I\'d have a great time, but I did not think I\'d still be raving about it a couple of days later! The set list could not have been better, IMO. I knew things were going in the right direction after the Doughboy (person favorite of mine) opener. The Rufus > TTP is the musical highlight of 2011 for me so far. It will be tough to top.
I met a lot of crazy cool people, some of whom probably attend this site. You guys are without a doubt the best, most dedicated music fans I\'ve ever had the privilege of meeting at a show. Everyone was really friendly and there were nothing but smiles on everyone\'s faces and EVERYONE was gettin\' down.

Thank you Breakfast and thanks to everyone who was in attendance that night. See you all in Bridgeport!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »
hell ya bro that is that I like to hear!!  Tammany really had a serious BFam and just straight up pb/bfast fanbase attendance which made the atmosphere perfect for the band to put together their first musical masterpiece of a show in a long time. glad you had fun d00d keep comin back !
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:05:47 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
thats whats up man!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:27:26 pm »
nice!! welcome back!! looked (from vids) like the vibe of that show was great.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »
what a great post BriGeer. Welcome back! We need people like you brimming with positivity here and at shows. I have not heard anyone else who can do what these guys do or do it as well as they do. Cheers!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »
:beerban:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »
Im in agreement 100 percent. This was the first time I sucessfully brought more than just my usual crew to a breakfast show... we had conjoining rooms in a hotel down the street and filled about 15 people in there... all of whom were down to party and most of whom had never seen the band before.

Needless to say, people\'s jaws were on the floor about halfway through the first set. One of my friends who usually goes with me got kicked out for eating too many altoids, but he was in good spirits leaving with a couple other people during setbreak.

All the rest of the people I was with raged hard for the second set, as did everyone else in there, which was without a doubt the best breakfast set I\'ve seen (except for the first one ever in 2007)

This is the sickest band around no doubt in my mind

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:13 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;268232

:lol:

phish4breakfast

Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:31 pm »
Hey I can only comment on how awesome the shows are that I\'m allowed to go see... even if it\'s a little later on

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 06:35:52 pm »
yeah, we get it.  you\'re underaged.  now stop dwelling on that and move on.

phish4breakfast

Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »
easier said than done with shit like this going down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ea-A-hSxDQ&feature=channel_video_title

I\'m just trying to relate to Brigeer over here

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 07:49:15 pm »
If I wasnt super old by now... and somehow pretty much almost super old by whatever today\'s standards are, when I discovered the band in the first place, I\'d be pissed.

carry on. Y\'all should be able to hear it.

Actually , y\'all should be able to drink as well. I\'ll tell ya about a time I was 17 and went to Germany and the Netherlands... they had their priorities straight, man.

norly, buy me a drink when you\'re 21, I\'ll tell ya that story !

please buy me a drink, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:51:29 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

phish4breakfast

Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »
I will gladly buy you all drinks once Im 21... I totally believe in beer karma

As for this summer I think I may be able to arrange a meet and greet with party favors if you catch my obnoxious drift... maybe around July 15th?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Tammany Hall!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 07:26:27 pm »
Is this place rebuilt yet? Just listened to this show and OH FUCK! Pretty sure the walls came tumbling down during this monster.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.