Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 27215 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2009, 05:15:19 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;230451
Quote from: davepeck;230446
really sad to think about locke after this episode. he\'s truly been played his entire life. he truly believed that he was following his destiny, but all the while, he was just being taken advantage of.

that\'s partially locke\'s fault isnt it? takes two to tango. when he wanted to believe in something, he believed it without question.

oh, absolutely. locke is an incredibly gullible individual, and people have taken advantage of that his entire life. the only good thing he ever had was helen, and he threw that away for what he believed was his destiny. dumb? sure. but in watching the show and becoming attached to the characters, you want to believe that he is doing the right thing and he really is someone important and he\'s doing the right thing. that\'s what i think makes it all the more sad in the end.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2009, 06:21:56 pm »
so, who are the dead people in the caves anyway?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »
they can\'t really have changed the past/future...  if they changed things so that the plane never crashes, that prevents the characters from going back in time to detonate a bomb, so then the plane DOES crash because they never prevented it.  right? *scratches head*
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:37 pm »
jacob is a djinn
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:36 pm »
people on lostpedia have some damn good theories
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2009, 08:47:48 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;230443
Quote from: davepeck;230438
Quote from: leith;230437
Anyone notice the inverted black and white LOST at the end?
Signifying a change in power on the Island?

i took it as another time flash, since everything goes to white when they flash...

Interesting.

I simply assumed it was the blast of the Hydrogen bomb. Now what is interesting is a hydrogen bomb leaves all buildings intact. It just kills people (or fleshy things). So that means all island infrastructure remain intact.

After I posted the tidbit about the hydrogen bomb I thought perhaps I was wrong. And indeed I was. So a hydrogen Bomb is a thermo-nuclear weapon which is the big explosive kind. So technically nothing should really be left on the island depending on yeild etc.

The Neutron Bomb is the nuclear weapon I was thinking of.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2009, 09:17:03 am »
was just talking with someone and we noticed how close the conversation between jacob and the other guy on the beach, and therefor the show in general mirrors the old testaments book of job.

god - jacob
lucifer - other guy
job - all the leaders on the island

lucifer is around at the begining but not at the same level as god. lucifer bets god that job is only happy and praising him because job is wealthy/content. god allows lucifer to take away from job but job continues to praise the lord (lord gives, lord takes away) dispite many difficulties. Although many profits proclaim to have spoken to god, very few do (enoch moses and mohamed, ect) and some pretend to as a way of holding onto power like ben. I see a lot of job in the character of locke with all the suffering in his life as well.

you can also tie in the battle in heaven first written by enoch and then re-examened and expanded into the lore we all know from miltons mid 17th century work paridise lost. Satan tried to over throw god and failed, was banished to the earth along with all the other angels who helped him for all eternity satan continuously tried to find ways back into heaven and hates god for banishing him.

so when they\'re on the beach and he says to jacob "you know how much I want to kill you" / lucifer is still trying to take over heaven but can\'t. however, in this story, lucifer maybe found a way by taking the image of another being, in this case the dead john locke?

Also, if the other guy can take the form of dead people, could he be jacks father and charlie, and all the other people that somehow pop up even though their dead time to time, like the devil taking the form of the snake to trick eve?

< /random thoughts>

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:59 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;230534
Also, if the other guy can take the form of dead people, could he be jacks father and charlie, and all the other people that somehow pop up even though their dead time to time, like the devil taking the form of the snake to trick eve?

don\'t know about charlie (we\'ve never seen deadcharlie on the island, have we?), but as i said in my post, yes. jacob\'s nemesis is also the smoke monster, deadyemi, deadchristian, and deadalex.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2009, 09:32:54 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;230534
was just talking with someone and we noticed how close the conversation between jacob and the other guy on the beach, and therefor the show in general mirrors the old testaments book of job.

god - jacob
lucifer - other guy
job - all the leaders on the island

lucifer is around at the begining but not at the same level as god. lucifer bets god that job is only happy and praising him because job is wealthy/content. god allows lucifer to take away from job but job continues to praise the lord (lord gives, lord takes away) dispite many difficulties. Although many profits proclaim to have spoken to god, very few do (enoch moses and mohamed, ect) and some pretend to as a way of holding onto power like ben. I see a lot of job in the character of locke with all the suffering in his life as well.

you can also tie in the battle in heaven first written by enoch and then re-examened and expanded into the lore we all know from miltons mid 17th century work paridise lost. Satan tried to over throw god and failed, was banished to the earth along with all the other angels who helped him for all eternity satan continuously tried to find ways back into heaven and hates god for banishing him.

so when they\'re on the beach and he says to jacob "you know how much I want to kill you" / lucifer is still trying to take over heaven but can\'t. however, in this story, lucifer maybe found a way by taking the image of another being, in this case the dead john locke?

< /random thoughts>

The only "curve" so to speak seems to be the "nemesis" says to Jacob during the conversation something like "You know how it is going to end they are going to fight and kill eachother" or something like that.

So if nemesis was truly evil etc wouldn\'t that seem contradictory ?

And he seems pissed that Jacob brought people to the Island, perhaps I misread the conversation but I got the impression the reason nemesis wants to kill jacob is for bringing people to the island.

Perhaps Jacob = lucifer ? If nemesis = black smoke. Black smoke lives in the temple while Jacob does not.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

peaches626

« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:01 pm »
So if the Nemesis made all this stuff happen to take John Locke\'s body, why was Jacob doing things to help the Losties/ encourage them to come to the island?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »
maybe jacob needed them/called them the same way he did the black pearl, and the nemisis was simply taking advantage of the situation..?

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2009, 02:11:18 pm »
i hope it\'s not this simple. i hope there is a crazy twist in the plot all next season to make this show the best series ever.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2009, 02:15:48 pm »
So what do you suppose the loophole is ???

I was thinking that perhaps it had something to do with a dead person being brought back to the Island ? Meaning someone who was from the island dies off island

Now what is interesting is this.

Alive Locke gets shot during the time warps. It is during this that he is told he must die by Richard who removes the bullet. So in reality it was Nemesis who tells Richard to tell john that everyone must be brought back and to do it he must die

Link to a really cool pic about the glyphs under the statue

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/Sgx4BRDxMYI/AAAAAAAAutk/rewQG3VvsKE/s1600-h/the_incident_greek_translation.jpg

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:48 pm »
Also other sites are referring to Nemesis as "Esau"

The biblical brother of Jacob (who God renamed Israel)

Also 13 losties = 13 lost tribes ?????

Jacob also lived in Egypt for many years.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2009, 02:51:24 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;230600
i hope it\'s not this simple. i hope there is a crazy twist in the plot all next season to make this show the best series ever.

it\'s got a lot of work to do before it\'s in the same ballpark as \'arrested development\'

now...who wants a sausage in the mouth?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor