Author Topic: Obama declares national emergency over swine flu pandemic, but why? (10-25-2009)  (Read 4714 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: krispy;244688
Quote from: Yoda;244672
All states allow for Religious or Medical Exemptions if you can prove either...  It\'s difficult, but possible...

Oh I know, I\'m just saying that some of the stuff that people get all worked up over is old news.  We have a hard time recognizing where we have been manipulated when it\'s been that way since birth.

The thing is, both of my kids have/will have gotten all of the regular vaccinations.  My older daughter already got the seasonal shot, but the younger is too young.  I repsect a persons choice not to be vaccinated, but there\'s no need to think that the government is going to institute matial law over a swine flu vaccine...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: Yoda;244689
All states allow for Religious or Medical Exemptions if you can prove either...  It\'s difficult, but possible...

Oh I know, I\'m just saying that some of the stuff that people get all worked up over is old news.  We have a hard time recognizing where we have been manipulated when it\'s been that way since birth.

The thing is, both of my kids have/will have gotten all of the regular vaccinations.  My older daughter already got the seasonal shot, but the younger is too young.  I repsect a persons choice not to be vaccinated, but there\'s no need to think that the government is going to institute matial law over a swine flu vaccine...

This thread was awesome until this point.
Come ON I want to read more crazy shit!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep

re read my first response.  I 100% agree with you here.  There will not be a mandated H1Ni vaccine.  If nothing else it\'s bad politics, and we all know politicking is far more important than national safety!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: leith;244690

This thread was awesome until this point.
Come ON I want to read more crazy shit!

So be it jedi....  Without these vaccines, think about the adverse reactions that you or your kids could face if you become infected with the conditions that the following vaccines cure:

Hepatitis B
Rotavirus
Dihtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae type B
Pneumoccal
Inactivate Poliovirus
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Varicella
Hepatitis A
Meningococcal

These illnesses aren\'t prevalent in our society because almost all of the population has been innoculated.  Go to some of the third world countries were they vaccines aren\'t widely available and ask these kids if they\'d rather have any of the said illnesses above or a shot and I\'m sure you can guess what their response would be...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys

Yep.

Except some of this is fresh news. Obama *just* passed this. The senate in Mass *just* passed a similar Pandemic Response Bill and is waiting on the house.

Anyone who isn\'t a brainwashed idiot knows the world trade center didn\'t collapse because airplanes hit them. This is "old news". Anyone who payed attention knows the economic stimulus package was an $800 billion robbery by Goldman-Sachs, who now control the Federal Reserve and who donate epic amounts of money to senators and congresspeople, those that aren\'t former or future executives to begin with.

Congress would rather avoid looking like they are putting the nation at risk of, say... a supposed Iraqi threat... a supposed massive world-wide economic collapse... or a supposed viral pandemic , as opposed to being one of the few to do the research and take an unpopular stand.

And Yoda... I\'m not talking about the fucking Polio vaccine here! This one is actually very likely to be dangerous, and mandated upon the population. If this happens massive civil unrest will take place and martial law will ensue to deal with it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:13:30 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
:slaps head and walks away:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Quote from: Yoda;244683
No offense to the rest of the world, but I live to fend for my wife and children, family, and friends...  It\'s not a national boarder thing, it\'s a me being selfish about my priorities thing...  I prescribe to the Machiavellian way of life...  

I\'m not going to even attempt to claim that I know anything about the climate change in Bangladesh... I\'m not even sure how you went from Swine Flue Vaccines to Climate Change...  

Enjoy life while we\'re here... Do you really thing that Earth was meant to last forever?

Good for fucking you Yoda. Big surprise you opinion is selfish and immature. I think you made your opinion on this topic clear... please make way for those who would like to discuss this maturely and aren\'t totally out of their element.

Your last sentence proves what a narrow fucking mindstate you have. Good luck with that one!

Quote from: krispy;244697

We all make our own choices. I posted this information (yeah, real fucking information) in case anyone cared or felt like digging into this stuff on their own.

Not my job to prove the should-be obvious to sheeple.

Like I said, just don\'t complain because nobody told you so.

I\'m outta this thread until somebody posts something that isn\'t a brainwashed knee-jerk reaction. Yoda you can have this one guy, probably the more ignorance you post the more people might want to actually look at the facts.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:24:05 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Fine look at it this way:

Do you think that the seasonal flue vaccine isn\'t necessary?  I\'m sure the 36,000 people that die each year don\'t think so...

If you want to go back to the mass vaccination of 1976 in which more than 22% of the country was vaccinated let\'s do that:
- 48,161,019 Americans were vaccinated
- 532 people were diagnosed with Guilliaine-Barre Syndrome directly linked to the vaccine
- 25 people died

Let\'s flasforward to 2008-2009...

- With the current outbreak, more than 1,000 people have died in the US and 5000 worldwide from a disease that came up out of nowhere.

I\'m not saying it\'s going to happen, but this has the possibility to spread worse than the seasonal flu.  

Am I getting the vaccine, no, but I\'m not going to stop anyone else from getting it.  If the government mandates that I get it, plain and simple...  No need to call out the militia...

And believe it or not, this idea of doing what\'s best for everyone is great, but in real life, you\'re just trying to look out for what\'s most important to you...  If you had to sacrifice one of your immediate family members to save 1,000 people halfway across the globe, would you?  I know I wouldn\'t...  That train of thought is in 99% of our minds, I\'ve just been able to accept it a lot earlier than most...

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: bdfreetuna;244694

Yep.

Except some of this is fresh news. Obama *just* passed this. The senate in Mass *just* passed a similar Pandemic Response Bill and is waiting on the house.

Anyone who isn\'t a brainwashed idiot knows the world trade center didn\'t collapse because airplanes hit them. This is "old news". Anyone who payed attention knows the economic stimulus package was an $800 billion robbery by Goldman-Sachs, who now control the Federal Reserve and who donate epic amounts of money to senators and congresspeople, those that aren\'t former or future executives to begin with.

Congress would rather avoid looking like they are putting the nation at risk of, say... a supposed Iraqi threat... a supposed massive world-wide economic collapse... or a supposed viral pandemic , as opposed to being one of the few to do the research and take an unpopular stand.

And Yoda... I\'m not talking about the fucking Polio vaccine here! This one is actually very likely to be dangerous, and mandated upon the population. If this happens massive civil unrest will take place and martial law will ensue to deal with it.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;244698
Quote from: Yoda;244683
No offense to the rest of the world, but I live to fend for my wife and children, family, and friends...  It\'s not a national boarder thing, it\'s a me being selfish about my priorities thing...  I prescribe to the Machiavellian way of life...  

I\'m not going to even attempt to claim that I know anything about the climate change in Bangladesh... I\'m not even sure how you went from Swine Flue Vaccines to Climate Change...  

Enjoy life while we\'re here... Do you really thing that Earth was meant to last forever?

Good for fucking you Yoda. Big surprise you opinion is selfish and immature. I think you made your opinion on this topic clear... please make way for those who would like to discuss this maturely and aren\'t totally out of their element.

Your last sentence proves what a narrow fucking mindstate you have. Good luck with that one!

Quote from: krispy;244697

We all make our own choices. I posted this information (yeah, real fucking information) in case anyone cared or felt like digging into this stuff on their own.

Not my job to prove the should-be obvious to sheeple.

Like I said, just don\'t complain because nobody told you so.

I\'m outta this thread until somebody posts something that isn\'t a brainwashed knee-jerk reaction. Yoda you can have this one guy, probably the more ignorance you post the more people might want to actually look at the facts.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Don\'t leave you\'re the only one really keeping this thread going in the manner it should.

Crazy always provokes discussion and boy you gots lots of it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Hey Tuna, if you want one for your dog, I\'ll send you one up.  It\'s a little off the topic, but I\'m sure as a right-winger in the bunker with Hannity, you\'d appreciate this:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Leith I thought the headies in California were supposed to be pretty good? ;)

And Yoda... myself or anyone in my family, honestly, would sacrifice their own lives for 1,000 other lives. I wouldn\'t even have to ask.

Edit again:: I\'m probably the least "right wing" person on this whole board, you complete moron! But once in a while reality gets in the way of what we liberals are "supposed" to believe.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
ignorance is contagous...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: bdfreetuna;244703
Leith I thought the headies in California were supposed to be pretty good? ;)

And Yoda... myself or anyone in my family, honestly, would sacrifice their own lives for 1,000 other lives. I wouldn\'t even have to ask.

Edit again:: I\'m probably the least "right wing" person on this whole board, you complete moron! But once in a while reality gets in the way of what we liberals are "supposed" to believe.

Sorry, but when you start throwing around martial law on this topic, your true colors shine through and they paint a red, white and blue elephant...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Quote from: Yoda;244707
Sorry, but when you start throwing around martial law on this topic, your true colors shine through and they paint a red, white and blue elephant...

I voted for Obama because I thought he was a liberal. Maybe he is. Maybe he\'s a puppet just like the rest of them since Ronald Reagan.

I hate Bill Clinton because he pretended to be progressive when all he did was fuck the world over with "free trade" policies.

I\'d vote for Dennis Kucinich if the guy had a chance in hell.

Anyone who calls me a conservative can seriously bite me. Anyone who implies I am a facist can suck a nut. Anyone who think\'s I\'m crazy is almost certainly at least partially right. But that also doesn\'t mean I\'m wrong.

And for the record Martial Law isn\'t just some idea Pat Buchanan pulled out of his ass to scare gun owners. For fear of linking anything besides CNN and being labeled some kind of bullshit, read a wikipedia. It\'s nothing new to the United States of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

Assuming you\'re too lazy to read most of these links and are just running your mouth to be a dickwad like usual, here\'s a few tidbits about executive orders. Executive orders much like Obama just enacted:

# Executive Order 10995: All communications media are to be seized by the Federal Government. Radio, TV, newspapers, CB, Ham, telephones, and the internet will be under federal control. Hence, the First Amendment will be suspended indefinitely.
# Executive Order 10997: All electrical power, fuels, and all minerals well be seized by the federal government.
# Executive Order 10998: All food resources, farms and farm equipment will be seized by the government. You will not be allowed to hoard food since this is regulated.
# Executive Order 10999: All modes of transportation will go into government control. Any vehicle can be seized.
# Executive Order 11000: All civilians can be used for work under federal supervision.
# Executive Order 11490: Establishes presidential control over all US citizens, businesses, and churches in time of "emergency."
# Executive Order 12919: Directs various Cabinet officials to be constantly ready to take over virtually all aspects of the US economy during a State of National Emergency at the direction of the president.
# Executive Order 13010: Directs FEMA to take control over all government agencies in time of emergency. FEMA is under control of executive branch of the government.
# Executive Order 12656: "ASSIGNMENT OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESPONSIBILITIES", "A national emergency is any occurrence, including natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States. Policy for national security emergency preparedness shall be established by the President." This order includes federal takeover of all local law enforcement agencies, wage and price controls, prohibits you from moving assets in or out of the United States, creates a draft, controls all travel in and out of the United States, and much more.
# Martial law can be declared due to natural disasters, Y2k Crisis, Stock Market crash, no electricity, riots, biological attack, .... anything leading to the breakdown of law and order.

But you\'re right. I\'m just making this stuff up and my time machine is almost ready so I can go back in time to vote for Nixon.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:10:19 pm by bdfreetuna »