Author Topic: The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread  (Read 25606 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2007, 09:00:47 pm »
Yeah I just heard the news on the radio. Maybe they are waking up...? I never watch them so I can\'t say much but you sound optimistic leith, and their lines lately support your optimism.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 11:43:14 pm »
Boston barely beat a shitty Seattle team last night. We\'ll see how a West road trip actually affects them.
Lakers with 75 points in the first half tonight against Utah. Second half should be a lot of rest for the guys to ready them to beat Boston down on Sunday.
 Boston will be coming off a game the night before on a road trip as the Lakers did but the Lakers will not have had 3 days of rest as the celtics did in their first meeting this year.
Should be a good game.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2007, 05:57:04 pm »
Quote from: leith;174744
Boston barely beat a shitty Seattle team last night. We\'ll see how a West road trip actually affects them.
Lakers with 75 points in the first half tonight against Utah. Second half should be a lot of rest for the guys to ready them to beat Boston down on Sunday.
 Boston will be coming off a game the night before on a road trip as the Lakers did but the Lakers will not have had 3 days of rest as the celtics did in their first meeting this year.
Should be a good game.

Should be. The Lakers are hot, no doubt. Hopefully this one will come down to the final minute. I\'m excited to watch it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2007, 06:35:56 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;174898
Quote from: leith;174744
Should be a good game.

Should be. The Lakers are hot, no doubt. Hopefully this one will come down to the final minute. I\'m excited to watch it.

I\'m hoping the place I\'m headed for dinner will have the game playing.  I haven\'t seen the new-look Celtics yet.  The Lakers looked good on Christmas day; should be a good one.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 12:29:18 am »
First off, starting the game in those short shorts WTF were they thinking?
Well I never watch the celtics and all anyone ever seems to talk about are the Big 3 scoring so I underestimated their DEFENSE.
Uh Wow.
The Laker bench gave nothing and it showed. The celts first road trip out west 3-0 not too shabby seeing as 2 of those were against Utah and The Lakers.
Still think Detroit has their number but they are def. no slouches.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2007, 01:57:42 am »
absolutely on the D leith, impressive. and what\'s even more impressive is their fast break skills off of forced turnovers. Boston is the real deal.

Short shorts.... are you fucking kidding me? Not in a game this big.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2007, 02:08:16 am »
Quote from: Gordo;174948

Short shorts.... are you fucking kidding me? Not in a game this big.

Totally. You can\'t put professional athletes out there in that. Talk about being self conscious.
I\'m not saying in any way this is why they lost that was plain to see but you have to think it took a little bit out of them to start. They did switch to regular shorts at the half but were already a bit taken aback by how Boston was runnin\' and gunnin\'.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
The Celtics just completed a 4-0 west coast trip against Sacramento, Seattle, Utah, and the Lakers.  And they did it playing 4 games in 5 nights.  No eastern team EVER goes 4-0 on the west coast playing 4 times in 5 nights.  They are now 8-0 against the Western Conference and a simply frightening 25-3 overall.

The west\'s midgrade teams (Utah and Lakers) had little chance even playing at home against a road-weary Celtics team.  But as we all know, the heavy hitters of the west (Spurs, Suns, and Mavs) have not yet had their chance to prove themselves against the Celtics.  We\'ll see if those teams can hang.  If they can\'t then there\'s really nobody left to stop the Celtics.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:00:42 pm by Wolfman »

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 11:21:47 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;175072
The Celtics just completed a 4-0 west coast trip against Sacramento, Seattle, Utah, and the Lakers.  And they did it playing 4 games in 5 nights.  No eastern team EVER goes 4-0 on the west coast playing 4 times in 5 nights.  They are now 8-0 against the Western Conference and a simply frightening 25-3 overall.

The west\'s midgrade teams (Utah and Lakers) had little chance even playing at home against a road-weary Celtics team.  But as we all know, the heavy hitters of the west (Spurs, Suns, and Mavs) have not yet had their chance to prove themselves against the Celtics.  We\'ll see if those teams can hang.  If they can\'t then there\'s really nobody left to stop the Celtics.

Whoa wait a second. Is this happening?
Is this a post by Seth about a team he actually likes with only one sentence of hyperbole?
Sweet.

Wolfman

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 10:18:22 am »

Celtics 97, Rockets 93.

27-3, .900 winning percentage.

They are going to destroy the record for the greatest single-season turnaround in NBA history.  In fact, someone look up the alltime record for single-season winning percentage improvement in the history of American sports.  They have to wreck it...they\'re going from like .220 to .900, you can\'t possibly do it better than that.  

After all the ^$%# we\'ve been through for 15 years, we deserve this.  I can\'t believe this is the team I watched last year.  The same team that I went to see 5 times last year but was embarassed to tell my buddies that I had gone.  It was akin to admitting that you had gone to see the WNBA or men\'s gymnastics 5 times.  "Dude, what the fuck are you doing?"  

When I sat there on May 22nd with 6 buddies at my draft lottery party, and we all collapsed to the floor and didn\'t talk for 10 minutes when the Celtics got the #5 pick, and we thought we were cooked for another 5 years at least... I can\'t believe this is where we got to.

Right now I don\'t even care where the team finishes in the playoffs.  I am having the most fun of any NBA fan right now, and that\'s all that matters.  What a team.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 12:48:25 pm »
I tell you what. It\'s going to be all about the Eastern Conference Finals for excitement in the playoffs.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 01:48:31 pm »
this is scary. since October 16, 2007, the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics have lossed a total of THREE games, obviously all by the Celtics. That\'s a combined record of 50-3 for Boston football/baseball/basketball fans. Can you say spoiled?

Wolfman

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 08:15:25 pm »

Celtics 92, Pistons 85.

The Pistons got lucky to win in Boston.  The Celtics won in Detroit because they\'re simply better.  

20 points for Big Baby Davis, wow.

Get on board folks.  You don\'t have to be a Celtics fan to love watching this.  What a team.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:47 pm »
So I scored courtside seats to the Celtics/Bobcats game on Wed.  

I noticed the arena policy says no cameras.

How well do they enforce this?  Would I get my cell through at least?  It\'s not everyday a knucklehead  like me gets the Jack Nicholson seats.  I\'d like to be able to document this...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 10:27:02 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:58 am »
I can\'t imagine a cellphone would be taken away/not allowed in... That would be absurd.
Masturbation in the MFA