Author Topic: MAAAD Props to Dobber on the REVERB!  (Read 1049 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
MAAAD Props to Dobber on the REVERB!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 07:14:41 pm »
Yeah there\'s a reason one of his nicknames is Echo. Dobs is the shit as far as Sound Guys go.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 01:16:37 am »
Quote from: Gordo
while we are on the subject of sound, cobb you should know the answer to this.. what\'s the effect called when tim has the permanent \'wah\' sound during a jam or song. kind of like the jerry effect. im buying an electric guitar in about a month or so and this is the one effect i mean to get right away.

envelope filter

mvallo

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 08:34:50 pm »
reverb, echo, delay...
My personal perference for The breakfast is very little or no rerverb effect in the live environment.  Artificial reverb interferes with natural room reflection/acoutics and lowers the intelligiblity of the music and vocals. also, the latency from the processors creates problems and can make the players sound like they are not together.  long echos/delays can add vibe or feel only if they are done in the right amount. too much or too long and it can be very distracting.  
     Josh Dobson is the best sound guy the Breakfast have had and the band would have a hard time functioning without him.  The only person I know who can make the webster theatre sound halfway decent.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 02:54:18 am »
Quote from: FindYourself...
Quote from: Gordo
while we are on the subject of sound, cobb you should know the answer to this.. what\'s the effect called when tim has the permanent \'wah\' sound during a jam or song. kind of like the jerry effect. im buying an electric guitar in about a month or so and this is the one effect i mean to get right away.

envelope filter

thanks.

Quote from: mvallo
reverb, echo, delay...
My personal perference for The breakfast is very little or no rerverb effect in the live environment.  Artificial reverb interferes with natural room reflection/acoutics and lowers the intelligiblity of the music and vocals. also, the latency from the processors creates problems and can make the players sound like they are not together.  long echos/delays can add vibe or feel only if they are done in the right amount. too much or too long and it can be very distracting.  
     Josh Dobson is the best sound guy the Breakfast have had and the band would have a hard time functioning without him.  The only person I know who can make the webster theatre sound halfway decent.

interesting. definitely hear ya\' from The Breakfast\'s standpoint. i love reggae, and i know most reggae fans usually have a hard time with studio cuts that have very little or no dub. i think part of the reason i dont like reggae shows as much as i should is because theyre all sooo heavy on reverb, echo, delay.. i get the feeling sometimes, like you said vallo, that the band isnt together. it doesnt feel live all the time. ill watch the singer\'s lips move and the lyrics are floating behind.. everything starts meshing into one big sound. hard to feel deep down.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash