Author Topic: Kung Fu Residency; New Haven, CT  (Read 4306 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Kung Fu Residency; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:53:00 pm »
There should be a Kung Fu website coming soon!
The response was great at Stella Blues!
People dig this band!
The next stage for this project, is for the guys to put some really wild original material together.
Then come out KUNG FU FIGHTING!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:56:52 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 08:16:41 am »
Stupid question, but was it pretty much the breakfast crowd that went to the shows?  Or was it mostly people that came for the music and not to support their friends?  Just asking out of curiosity; no malice intended...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:14 am »
Quote from: Yoda;251517
Stupid question, but was it pretty much the breakfast crowd that went to the shows?  Or was it mostly people that came for the music and not to support their friends?  Just asking out of curiosity; no malice intended...

many faces i had never seen before (at breakfast, timmy tour, owl shop, etc). and many of them were clearly there for the music. not that i know everybody that goes to every breakfast show in the area, but still...

there was a very good energy for the shows. i\'d be surprised if kung fu didn\'t happen on a semi-regular basis
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

GLuft3

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 06:02:41 pm »
last two shows at Stella Blues
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »
Locked and loaded for MNF!  (Monday Night Fu).  Bring on the ustream!

Show is now on live!  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kungfu-the-fusion-sounds-of-diesel-experiments
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:52:38 pm by Wolfman »

SkunkFLoes

• MMmmmBreakfastMMMmmm
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »
just found out about this project on friday.....its just as awesome as it sounded!.......this stream is great too, many Thanks!!  
I may have to make it down for next weeks show!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:18 am »
Kung Fu has been great.  I only got a chance to get up to New Haven once, but have been following the webcasts reguarly.  

Monday\'s are just very difficult to do at this point.  I am looking forward to seeing some Thurs/Fri/Sat shows in the future.

Thanks to Tim, Adrien, Todd, and the guys for putting this together (and matt and chris for putting together the webcasts).  It has been a lot of fun so far...
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 12:28:50 pm »
i really hope to make it up for the last round. i love the chemistry these guys have together!

SkunkFLoes

• MMmmmBreakfastMMMmmm
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »
^me too!!  just an awesome band, period.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 03:29:09 pm »
My internet connection was dunzo after the first couple songs and didn\'t get repaired until after the show ended.  Glad there is one week left to compensate.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

LBoogie

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »
Quote from: galenas;251880
i really hope to make it up for the last round. i love the chemistry these guys have together!

ditto.  ill be there.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 04:59:19 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;251889
Quote from: galenas;251880

ditto.  ill be there.

nice! haven\'s seen you in WAY too long! (i might be in vermont, since i\'m off next week, but if not then i\'m def gonna be doing some kung fu fighting.)

LBoogie

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:42 pm »
nice!!!!  hope to see you girl!!

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 08:21:19 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;251519
Quote from: Yoda;251517

many faces i had never seen before (at breakfast, timmy tour, owl shop, etc). and many of them were clearly there for the music. not that i know everybody that goes to every breakfast show in the area, but still...

To expand on this- the 2/1 crowd was about half the size of the previous week, but I knew all of three people there.  Most noticeable about the crowd was how young it was.  Kids you don\'t see at Breakfast shows.

I think the reason has something to do with a new name, and a new thing.  People like to get in on the ground floor of something with potential.  Call them posers, whatever, but there is some what of a \'cool factor\' to knowing about a good band before anyone else does. Not not for the sake of being a jerk off hipster, but to feel cool inside, to yourself.  To feel like you\'re almost getting away with something because you are catching what is under the main stream radar.  It\'s like finding a $100 bill on the sidewalk. It\'s why people check out the small stages at festivals and read SPIN magazine.  It\'s why the small dirty rock clubs I love so much exist.  

New is cool. New is good.  Kung Fu is both.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:23:48 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

GLuft3

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 08:36:54 pm »
Yeah, I only recognized a half dozen people or so at this last show, too.  Lots of new/young faces.  I think the old guard was just too shot from a wild weekend up north.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!