General Discussions > No Glove No Love

Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)

(1/9) > >>

bdfreetuna:
So from what I gather, there\'s a lot of pretty outdoorsy Breakfast fans. I happen to be a big fan of the terra-based seasonal outdoor sports myself. But honestly I don\'t always have somebody to go with, so I probably end up sitting at home more than I\'d really like to.

Like, how fun would a Bfam ski day be? (or maybe a ski day & night with jacuzzi and fine wine ;) ) ...

Or if we were thinking of planning a backpacking trip and it turned out to be a little wild pack excursion?

Well, I\'ve taken a couple years off skiing due to laziness and old equipment, but my new Rossi Phantom SC80 backcountry skis should be arriving in the mail next week. So I basically plan to break these planks in super well this winter. I usually keep an eye open for special deal days at various ski areas. I do have some favorite slopes... for a relatively cheap good-snow day in Southern VT I really dig Bromley and Magic Mountain.

For a day on the bigger slopes Sugarbush and Mad River Glen are two of my favorites. I\'ve never been to Jay Peak or Sugarloaf USA but I\'m hoping to try both of those out this winter, as I pretty much love to spend a good chunk of the day in the glades / woods.

And on a good snow day and last minute plans, there\'s always Berkshire East (only mountain in MA imho that has got any half-decent steeps). As for Hampsh, I never really skied there as much, but I think I\'ve been to every place except Sunapee, actually. Wildcat is pretty good, but a real haul for me. Most of the NH slopes are kinda flat, no offense :P

But whatever, those are just the slopes I usually pick. If you guys want to plan a ski day in your neck of the woods (or Whiteface!), who knows I might be down and maybe some others would be into it as well?

So, I\'ll probably use this thread to post where I\'m going if anyone wants to get a little ski club / outdoors club together here, a fun and healthy idea! Not on days of Breakfast shows, probably ;)

Also dig mountain biking and backpacking but it ain\'t that time of year so much anymore. At least I don\'t hike in the winter... brutality!

tpalms4prez:
wayyy more then down for this josh iam still workin that crazy job so time is hard for me but if u still have my number hit me up man

bdfreetuna:
I ain\'t gotcha # homie but hit me up on FB or something with those digits. Lost the old phone a while ago.

So this is the kind of deals I\'m talking about:
Bromley Mountain $49 Lift and Lunch Tuesdays:
$49 Lifts & Lunch Tuesdays: Check this out skiersand riders, Bromley is offering a special $49 lift & lunch ticket on most  Tuesdays throughout the season. Not just anyordinary lunch but a full sit down waitress served lunch at the Wild BoarTavern.  Everything is included, all day lift ticketand you’re  pick of the menu.  This way you can afford to leave a good tip!   Lift and Lunch Tuesday are December 14,21; January 4,11,18, 25; February 1,8,15; March 1,8, 15, 22.

galenas:
DEFINITELY! would love to see breakfast or kung fu or timmy play at the Red Fox Inn in Vermont — it\'s right near Stratton and Bromley — so we could rip up the mountain then rage the party.

Gfunk:
i might be in for this if i get myself some new equipment as well. def down for hiking! Sammy mentioned he is trying to get a gig up in Killington most likely w/ Dangle and Ad so that would be something to keep in mind. Mt. Sunapee really aint nothin to write home about but i might be able to hook up some passes, esp if i end up working there again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version