Author Topic: For all Tetris fans...  (Read 5168 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:55 am »
Quote from: Me!;185595
how does verification go?  Just a video of yourself playing?

Essentially, yes, but there are a lot of specific guidelines to follow and some paperwork too.  They don\'t $^%$ around.

Quote from: ds673488;185612
im suprised at how low/poor your ratings and comments are.

I am too, but oh well :shrug: Anyhow, I put no stock in it because all the comments and ratings are coming from these crazy neo-video-game losers from DVDtalk.com where DavePeck posted the videos.  These people have obviously never even played NES.  They don\'t respect any game that\'s not on XBox360 or PC.  Those games are great and have better controls than NES Tetris and people who play them well are great players.  You just can\'t compare those games to NES Tetris because of the controls.  These people have obviously never played NES Tetris.  They don\'t like my trash talk either, which is supposed to just be funny.  I posted these videos for fun and I\'m obviously having fun in them.  Sure, it\'s a dorky way to have fun (*coughsoisfollowingthebreakfastcough*) but it\'s good clean fun.  If these silly Tetris video game vids actually make you mad, you need help.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:16:42 am by Wolfman »

Wolfman

For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 07:51:30 pm »
Happy to announce this Memorial Day that I just set the world record in NES Top Gun.  It\'s on tape and everything.  147,000, easily taking down  the Twin Galaxies official record of 119,200.  I didn\'t even play my best game, but it\'s enough for a solid record.  I\'ll post when I send in the tape...I\'m going to try to get some more records on to the same tape.  And yes, I went for a hike eariler today on this gorgeous day, don\'t worry about that! :)

SkyePrizm

• separator
For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 07:57:32 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;191028
And yes, I went for a hike eariler today on this gorgeous day, don\'t worry about that! :)

I love how you threw that in ;)

peaches626

For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 11:49:16 pm »
Congrats Wolfman, you are officially a video game idol.

And just to be clear, we taint\'s take the label of "idol" quite seriously, my first sentence should not be interpreted as sarcasm.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Wolfman

For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;191028
Happy to announce this Memorial Day that I just set the world record in NES Top Gun.  It\'s on tape and everything.  147,000, easily taking down  the Twin Galaxies official record of 119,200.  I didn\'t even play my best game, but it\'s enough for a solid record.  I\'ll post when I send in the tape...I\'m going to try to get some more records on to the same tape.  And yes, I went for a hike eariler today on this gorgeous day, don\'t worry about that! :)

Just posting to update that I am now the proud and official owner of 6 Nintendo World Records.  I own the records for high score in Rad Racer, Top Gun, Goal!, Base Wars, and both socoring records in Solomon\'s Key.  (SK uses two scoring systems, one called "score" and one called "GDV".)  

Thanks to everyone in this thread for introducing me to Twin Galaxies!  You all share a piece of these records!

My TG records page here:
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&p=47731

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 03:10:39 pm »
wait, so you ARENT the tetris world champ?  i thought you were...
DS Newbers

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 03:42:44 pm »
we got us an icon. a real icon. what you need is an icon jacket.
caress me, aunt jemima

Wolfman

For all Tetris fans...
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;196776
wait, so you ARENT the tetris world champ?  i thought you were...

No, I just called myself "greatest Tetris player ever" in my YouTube videos, which doesn\'t mean shit.  I do not hold any official Twin Galaxies.com World Records in Tetris.  (The videos do prove that I am an elite player, just not the world record holder.)  Do not fear though, because:

1.  I am working on it!  The record for lines in NES Tetris is 296.  I have hit 292 in the past. (Not that it means anything because it\'s not on video.)  This record is completely attainable for me, I just have to hit it while the recorder is going.  The NES score record is also possible but requires a preposterous amount of luck.  I\'m sorry, but I have better things to do than play 10,000 games of Tetris on video waiting for one game where ratio of beanpoles is two or three standard deviations greater than the expected amount.      

2.  I can still smoke you, and the best Tetris player you know, and the best Tetris player he knows.  :)