Author Topic: Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me  (Read 1102 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me
« on: March 24, 2011, 07:17:52 pm »
First of all... why tf can\'t I create a new thread in the proper category??

Anyway...

Best Breakfast song. If you\'re there to burn some calories. Which I probably am.

It was until recently that The Breakfast had been somehow not taking this song as seriously as perhaps they had in the past?

2002-04-20 Extrava*****, being the perfectly slayed old school rendition.

In fact, the first PB song I ever heard was Gladys Pimp, outside my dorm room window at Hobart College. I was writing a paper about some bullshit, and heard this rediculous band outside my window and the guitar player was apparently putting on a clinic for Trey Anastasio, or some shit like that. I rolled up a joint super fast and hit the lawn.

It was not until 2004-10-30 at the Electric Company in Utica, that I witnessed what I would consider a superiorly raging version of Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me.

Years have passed. And the band, for whatever reason, maybe set the bar too high for themselves?

2009-11-13, Mill Street Brews. I missed this show probably because of some retarded bullshit. The band split the song in half in some kind of beautiful fashion. Thank goodness somebody taped it! There was hope for this song again after all...

Along comes 2011-01-21 at the Acoustic Cafe. Gladys Pimparoo encore! Hadn\'t seen the band play the song live in so long. But, what the fuck?? Most trainwreck\'d verz of the song ever witnessed! Six minutes long or something, completely skipped the funky part! I was slightly irritated ;)

Then some Kung Fu show a couple weeks later, I think, Tim asks me if I\'m going to Utica the next night. I say, maybe, if I get any sleep tonight. He says, you should go.

Well, shit, if Tim\'s gonna tell me I should probably go to Utica, I should probably go to Utica?

So I prayed for sleep that night, and by some miracle I got an excellent night of sleep and woke up totally refreshed and ready to go. So I get up with Gavin and Harry and tell them it\'s time to get serious, we\'re going to Utica.

2011-02-26, Utica, The Electric Company.

Second set closer, Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me. Extendedly funked out. Insane plucky combinations of notes. Most proper Gladys Pimp to date.

Best band on earth.

Fortunately the entire Utica show was entirely incredible. And I did tape it. And it came out sounding very nice. So I believe I will release this show as a double disc CD after remastering it. Free of charge. Pimparoo packaging. The whole works.

As I am starting a live music production label under the name Lightworks, Ltd. The website will be up in a couple weeks or so. Think "Dick\'s Picks". Except, something like a Tuna Melt ;)

Get yours at the BreakFEST 2011. There will be a tip jar. Donations go to recoup my expenses, and beyond that, to help pay for BreakFEST. (edited from Dina\'s doggy fundraiser.. I see she\'s got Bull n\' Brew going on.. so maybe I\'ll do that another time)

Team Gladys!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:56:46 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:24:20 am »
This Middle East show had an off the hook Gladys. Recall beer flying in the air all over everyone because it was so nuts?! Good times... TLATG was also incredibly powerful. One of Ron\'s final shows, so emotions were running high all around.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 01:48:55 pm »
Think I missed that show. Downloading. Thanks!!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »
Quote from: galenas;267187
This Middle East show had an off the hook Gladys. Recall beer flying in the air all over everyone because it was so nuts?! Good times... TLATG was also incredibly powerful. One of Ron\'s final shows, so emotions were running high all around.

that was an emotional LDZ.