Author Topic: BAR; New Haven, CT  (Read 863 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:54:12 am »
BAR
254 Crown St.
New Haven, CT

21+ / $5

2 sets 10am-1:30pm

w/ Adrian Tramontano on percussion

Pre St. Patricks Day Parade Party!!

[MAP]

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:02:03 pm »
What a sweet surprise to add to my 4th year in a row Parade experience!! :)

I will add, people who haven\'t been down to new haven on this day, you are warned.  Parking is a bitch!   Your best bet is to come down early at 10:30/11.  Don\'t wait till after 12.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:04:05 pm by SkyePrizm »

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:46:10 pm »
holy shit, really? you guys know how to get it going nice and early up there, huh?! sounds awesome. i might wanna make it for this; i\'ve heard so much about this parade!

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 02:53:56 pm »
So are the sets from 9:30-12:30 or 10-1:30?  Anyone know when they start closing the roads down? Coming from the Valley, I usually shoot down 63 to get to New Haven, but I\'m wondering if shooting down 34 might be better. Anyone got any advice?
Where to next?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:08:05 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;222634
So are the sets from 9:30-12:30 or 10-1:30?  Anyone know when they start closing the roads down? Coming from the Valley, I usually shoot down 63 to get to New Haven, but I\'m wondering if shooting down 34 might be better. Anyone got any advice?

I don\'t know if you are not as smart as a bus driver but the set time is 10 a.m. so I would imagine it will between 10 and 10:30. Get there before 10 a.m..
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:33:34 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;222637

I don\'t know if you are not as smart as a bus driver but the set time is 10 a.m. so I would imagine it will between 10 and 10:30. Get there before 10 a.m..

Dude! I swear there was a second set of times on the schedule orginally! Either way, I guess I should respect your knowledge of schedules and timetables... being a bus driver and all, I know how important being on time means! Are you making any stops in the valley on your way down?  Hope to see you there. I\'m excited, this is the first time in 5 years I don\'t have to march in the parade and actually I get to watch it and there\'s a kick ass pre-game before it?
Where to next?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:37 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;222655

Dude! I swear there was a second set of times on the schedule orginally! Either way, I guess I should respect your knowledge of schedules and timetables... being a bus driver and all, I know how important being on time means! Are you making any stops in the valley on your way down?  Hope to see you there. I\'m excited, this is the first time in 5 years I don\'t have to march in the parade and actually I get to watch it and there\'s a kick ass pre-game before it?

Time is money. Quicker the route is finished the better.

There definitely was a second time on the schedule. It might have been the parade start.

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:06 am »
Quote from: Spacey;222662
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;222655

Time is money. Quicker the route is finished the better.

There definitely was a second time on the schedule. It might have been the parade start.

Parade starts at 1, btw. :)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:36 am »
Dave seems to have made that second timetable vanish from the page! So I guess we\'ll never know what it means.  The parade defintely starts at 1 though, everyone whose in it or wants a decent spot to watch though gets there much earlier.  I remember for those years I marched getting there so early and then sitting around for hours till step off time.  And drinking doesn\'t help to pass the time b/c then you just gotta hold it the  best you can until the end of the parade!
Where to next?

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 02:32:20 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;222679
Dave seems to have made that second timetable vanish from the page! So I guess we\'ll never know what it means.  The parade defintely starts at 1 though, everyone whose in it or wants a decent spot to watch though gets there much earlier.  I remember for those years I marched getting there so early and then sitting around for hours till step off time.  And drinking doesn\'t help to pass the time b/c then you just gotta hold it the  best you can until the end of the parade!

Yeah, definitely get down there early.  I heard there\'s some new irish bar downtown that i want to check out....i think called land\'s down....i have no idea about it.  and there are plenty of places to do a nice bar crawl..richters>playwright....i usually make anna liffey\'s my starting point cause its so far away from the rest.  

Drinking to pass the time =  losing your backpack, right, peck?  ;)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 03:08:46 pm »
Lawnsdowne is downtown. It looks nice but never been inside. Mark and oldnewbie definitely have.