Author Topic: toads place: Dr. Dog, Greyboy allstars and project /object this winter  (Read 3815 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
toads place: Dr. Dog, Greyboy allstars and project /object this winter
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:29 pm »
:shrug: a well written and preformed song is still good imo, regardless how much technology was used or what came before it. Their harmonies and song writing are fantastic given their size on the scene. That\'s enough for me.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 07:15:18 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;248643
:shrug: a well written and preformed song is still good imo, regardless how much technology was used or what came before it. Their harmonies and song writing are fantastic given their size on the scene. That\'s enough for me.

Great for you. For me every time I listen to them I am reminded so strongly of The Beatles I can not help but make the comparisons and Dr. Dog comes up short.

Also if all their albums did not sound the same I might give them a little more credit for originality.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 10:57:17 pm »
i think their sound is cohesive and unique. the fact that their albums sound similar isn\'t a bad thing, i think its actually great to see a young bad have such a solid sense of self... its great rock music, great lyrics, and fun with syncopation and rhythm.

btw, the show at toads was the most fun i\'ve had a toads in a very very very long time. they sounded great, the crowd size was perfect, and they played an absolutely awesome set!!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 03:24:09 pm »
i\'m heading down for greyboy tonight anyone else goin ?  hit me up 603 558 9599
*Gia*