Author Topic: Harmonix\'s new project: \'Rock Band\' for XBOX 360 & PS3  (Read 4538 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Harmonix\'s new project: \'Rock Band\' for XBOX 360 & PS3
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 05:04:27 pm »

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 09:28:54 pm »
This game looks sick, is there much of a single player mode on it or is it all multi player?  (yes I know it\'s called rock band, but ya neva know)

anybody out there have any idea if there are any expected price drops for the 360?  or a good place to pick one up?  Still not ready to pick up a very pricey ps3, and it\'s getting to the point where I\'m gonna have to get a next gen system to play some things I\'m looking forward to, this and Fable 2 (the first fable was great, but pissed that the next Rachet and Clank is a PS3 exclusive :pissed:)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:31:10 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »
from what i understand, rock band has a full single-player mode, and i\'m pretty sure you can do single-player with any instrument too. plus, get a mic stand and you can do vocals and either guitar/bass/drums at the same time.

the 360 recently had a price drop, albeit a small one. i do have a Wii, but don\'t particularly consider it \'next gen\'. i\'d feel more comfortable waiting a bit longer to get a next gen system (read: until microsoft makes a 360 that isn\'t a time bomb or sony gets some decent games and an online environment half as good as xbox live), but rock band is sort of forcing me to make the move now. i\'ll be picking up a 360 and guitar hero 3 on october 27th (though that\'s probably the 23rd, as saturday is a weird release day).

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 11:35:52 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;159589
from what i understand, rock band has a full single-player mode, and i\'m pretty sure you can do single-player with any instrument too. plus, get a mic stand and you can do vocals and either guitar/bass/drums at the same time.

the 360 recently had a price drop, albeit a small one. i do have a Wii, but don\'t particularly consider it \'next gen\'. i\'d feel more comfortable waiting a bit longer to get a next gen system (read: until microsoft makes a 360 that isn\'t a time bomb or sony gets some decent games and an online environment half as good as xbox live), but rock band is sort of forcing me to make the move now. i\'ll be picking up a 360 and guitar hero 3 on october 27th (though that\'s probably the 23rd, as saturday is a weird release day).

Single Player for all but the Bass Guitar. Chris and Dave wait until the new 65 nanometer CPU\'s are installed in the new batch of 360\'s.

Really.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 11:39:08 pm »
leith........

the what in what with the what?

seriously though not too tech savey, what does that mean, to the system, faster? more memory?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:40:11 pm »
Quote from: Me!;159596
leith........

the what in what with the what?

seriously though not too tech savey, what does that mean, to the system, faster? more memory?

It means hopefully that your 360 will actually work w/o melting down.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 11:41:04 pm »
:lol:

fair enough

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 11:44:35 pm »
Quote from: leith;159595

Single Player for all but the Bass Guitar. Chris and Dave wait until the new 65 nanometer CPU\'s are installed in the new batch of 360\'s.

Really.

unless they\'re out before GH3, which it doesn\'t look like they will be, i\'m just gonna suck it up and get one. i\'ll probably go to best buy with their product replacement plan so i don\'t have to send it to MS and wait weeks to get it back when it shits the bed.

leith

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 11:47:42 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;159599
Quote from: leith;159595

Really.

unless they\'re out before GH3, which it doesn\'t look like they will be, i\'m just gonna suck it up and get one. i\'ll probably go to best buy with their product replacement plan so i don\'t have to send it to MS and wait weeks to get it back when it shits the bed.

That\'s thinking right there.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 09:17:56 am »
oh, and the fact that the 360 version comes with a wired guitar, for the same price as the ps3 version (which comes with a wireless) is horse shit. and the wireless guitar is fucking $80! :wah:

it\'s just gonna make my whole buying experience a little more of a pain in the ass. right now, here\'s what i\'m looking at:

10/27

Purchase XBOX 360 Elite (maybe a week before this so i have it all ready to go)
Purchase Guitar Hero III Bundle for XBOX 360
Purchase Guitar Hero III (game only) for PS2 (for multiplayer purposes for the time being, as i already have 2 wireless guitars for PS2)

11/20

Purchase Rock Band Special Edition for XBOX 360
Purchase Rock Band Wireless Guitar for XBOX 360
eBay Rock Band Wired Guitar from bundle

so at that point, i\'ll have a GHIII Les Paul and the RB guitar for the 360. that\'ll hold me over until i decide which one i want to double dip on.

the good news is that i have enough Best Buy GC\'s from the last 2 years (bdays, xmas, etc) and Amazon GC\'s from my Amazon Chase card to fund almost this entire thing.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 08:46:05 am »
those of you who see me at the stone church tomorrow night, say goodbye. it may be a while before you see me again. ;) :lol:

Rock Band DLC priced, detailed

Bundle options and release schedule explained for the upcoming download-driven rhythm game from MTV and Harmonix.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Nov 14, 2007 6:18 pm PT

Since Rock Band was first announced by Harmonix and MTV Games in March, the developers have made no secret of their ambitious plans for downloadable content. As the game\'s release has drawn closer, information about those plans has trickled out. At the E3 Media and Business Summit, Harmonix said it would be offering full downloadable albums from artists like The Who, with more tracks from Metallica, The Grateful Dead, and The Ramones among those that gamers could add on to the retail game.

With Rock Band set for release next Tuesday, Harmonix today finally took the wraps off its downloadable content model today. The studio has apparently heard complaints regarding the mandatory three-song bundles and $6.25 price point adopted by the Guitar Hero franchise\'s downloadable content, and is giving gamers a bit of a break.

Rock Band will still feature pre-selected three-song packs for download, but they will instead cost $5.49 (440 Microsoft points on Xbox 360). Songs will also be available individually for $1.99. Harmonix has said future songs will be sold individually for as little as $.99 (80 Microsoft points), and as much as $2.99 (240 points). However, "the vast majority" will come in at the standard $1.99 price point. The developer did not say how much full-album downloads would be, or when the first albums would be released.

Harmonix also detailed its release schedule for the first five weeks after Rock Band launches. The opening week will be highlighted by track packs from Metallica, The Police, and Queens of the Stone Age, with individual songs from Creedence Clearwater Revival, Foreigner, T-Rex, and more. Downloaded tracks will be integrated into all of the game\'s modes, and will be playable online only if all players have purchased the songs.

Week of November 20, 2007: (*--asterisk denotes a cover version)
Metallica Pack
"Ride the Lightning"--Metallica
"Blackened"--Metallica
"And Justice for All"--Metallica

The Police Pack
"Can\'t Stand Losing You"--The Police
"Synchronicity II"--The Police
"Roxanne"--The Police

Queens of the Stone Age Pack
"3\'s and 7\'s"--Queens of the Stone Age
"Little Sister"--Queens of the Stone Age
"Sick Sick Sick"--Queens of the Stone Age

Individual Tracks
"Fortunate Son" as made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival *
"Juke Box Hero" as made famous by Foreigner *
"Bang a Gong (Get It On)" as made famous by T-Rex *
"My Sharona" as made famous by The Knack *
"Cherry Bomb" as made famous by The Runaways *
"Joker & The Thief"--Wolfmother

Week of November 27, 2007
David Bowie Pack
"Moonage Daydream"--David Bowie
"Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie *
"Queen Bitch" as made famous by David Bowie *

Week of December 4, 2007
Black Sabbath Pack
"N.I.B." as made famous by Black Sabbath *
"Sweet Leaf" as made famous by Black Sabbath *
"War Pigs" as made famous by Black Sabbath *

Week of December 11, 2007
Punk Pack:
"Rockaway Beach"--Ramones
"I Fought the Law"--The Clash
"Ever Fallen In Love" as made famous by Buzzcocks *

Week of December 18, 2007
Individual Tracks
"My Iron Lung"--Radiohead
"Buddy Holly"--Weezer
"Brass in Pocket" as made famous by Pretenders *

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 10:09:40 am »
got my shipping notice from amazon last night. looks like it\'ll be here tuesday!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 10:34:28 am »
dave wednesday=*cough cough*, I know I work from home, but I can\'t do anything today, I\'m really sick. I\'m taking a sick day."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 01:26:36 am »
just saw on amazon that Rock Band will be availble on the PS2.  sweet for me cause I dont\' see myself paying for a 360 or PS3 (though I really want both for seperate titles) plus the $150+ for the game.