Author Topic: Dave...  (Read 2168 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Dave...
« on: November 16, 2003, 01:01:45 pm »
I need your help again. I decided to give the ol\' BT thing a try... to no avail. I downloaded the client you suggested in the BT "what you need to know" thread... and then tried downloading the newest BT that was posted on here as a test run. (I think it\'s a Creek show? whatever, makes no difference) Anyhow, when I clicked on the .torrent file, here is what happened: 1. it asked me where I wanted to save it to; I chose a folder.   2. A netscape browser (blank) opened up.    3. It was saved in about 1 second, and when I looked for the file, it came up as PhotoParade. What the hell is PhotoParade!? what happened?! Computers... the bane of my existance...
Masturbation in the MFA

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
BT Help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 02:12:08 pm »
did you install the Bit Torrent client ? or just download it?

Are you using windows ? if so what version
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
BT Help
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 09:28:20 am »
yeah joce... what mike said.. ^^

make sure you not only downloaded the client, but installed it as well.. let me know how you make out..

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
BT Help
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 04:18:03 pm »
yes, I installed it. Although rather incompetant I am not a complete and utter fool. :)   I just tried getting the Cambridge show, same thing happened. A new Netscape browser opened up (blank) and then when it asked me where I wanted to save it to, the file extension was .php   .... What the heck is .php?! I have no idea where this PhotoParade thing came from, but it doesn\'t seem to me like it should have anything to do with BitTorrent.... sorry for being such a pain in the neck, but I am missing out on a lot of good music that I would love to have...
Masturbation in the MFA

makisupa911

BT Help
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 12:23:06 am »
if you have an apple computer you will have that problem.  i had that problem, and then had to use my friends pc, send myself the file then open it in BT.  so if you have an apple, it won\'t work.  If you have a pc then i am also lost.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
BT Help
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 01:50:39 am »
sony vaio.. ... windows xp (which is not all that hot).... thx though
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
BT Help
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 08:34:59 am »
hey joce - it may be a netscape issue.. try coming here with Internet Explorer and see if that works...