Author Topic: Yet another taper question--but different  (Read 527 times)

GLuft3

Yet another taper question--but different
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:38:59 pm »
With the boys halfway across the continent, I was wondering if any of the local tapers were bored and looking for something to do.  

I am one of the "technical arts" volunteers at our church (Trinity Baptist Church in Fairfield, CT).  I\'ve been trying to put together an audience or matrix recording one of our church services to get the overall (look and) feel.  I was thinking the standard audience recording setup would be ideal.  We\'ve been doing soundboard mixes to CD and DVD but they never sound or look quite right.  I\'ve also tried hanging a condenser mic over the balcony, but that sounds pretty thin.

So, ... that leaves me with the request for someone to either record it themselves--yeah, that would involve actually coming to church on a Sunday morning or--big leap of faith--loan me some gear to do so.  I know I haven\'t actually met too many of the B-fam here, but we could get together to work out the details.  I live in Trumbull and work in downtown New Haven, so whatever is convenient.

PM me if you have any interest.  And thanks for considering it.

George
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:39:47 pm by GLuft3 »
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:28:01 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;206122
With the boys halfway across the continent, I was wondering if any of the local tapers were bored and looking for something to do.  

I am one of the "technical arts" volunteers at our church (Trinity Baptist Church in Fairfield, CT).  I\'ve been trying to put together an audience or matrix recording one of our church services to get the overall (look and) feel.  I was thinking the standard audience recording setup would be ideal.  We\'ve been doing soundboard mixes to CD and DVD but they never sound or look quite right.  I\'ve also tried hanging a condenser mic over the balcony, but that sounds pretty thin.

So, ... that leaves me with the request for someone to either record it themselves--yeah, that would involve actually coming to church on a Sunday morning or--big leap of faith--loan me some gear to do so.  I know I haven\'t actually met too many of the B-fam here, but we could get together to work out the details.  I live in Trumbull and work in downtown New Haven, so whatever is convenient.

PM me if you have any interest.  And thanks for considering it.

George

if you wanna have something taped and maybe,if your lucky,actually get to hear it about 64years down the road,these are your guys..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

mvallo

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
http://www.archive.org/details/etree

The Breakfast: 375 live shows
Psychedelic Breakfast: 162 live shows

Not sure what the problem is?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »
relax matt.
its part of my intraweb messageboard schtick.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

mvallo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;206128
relax matt.
its part of my intraweb messageboard schtick.

got it, have at it:)