Author Topic: Dewey\'s Pub; Seymour, CT  (Read 1852 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Dewey\'s Pub; Seymour, CT
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 03:03:30 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;210911
am thinking about making it two nights in a row. wings sound delicious right now. hate to be in the valley  after dark. def. hop I don\'t run into family in my "first" hometown.

Come on now! The Valley is that bad... but I guess it\'s all in what your used to.  I guess being from the upper end of the Valley I have a better out look on it.  I\'m not gonna lie though, there are defintely shady parts of the valley where I even won\'t travel to...
Where to next?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 05:58:26 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;210951
am thinking about making it two nights in a row. wings sound delicious right now. hate to be in the valley  after dark. def. hop I don\'t run into family in my "first" hometown.

Come on now! The Valley is that bad... but I guess it\'s all in what your used to.  I guess being from the upper end of the Valley I have a better out look on it.  I\'m not gonna lie though, there are defintely shady parts of the valley where I even won\'t travel to...

Its not about being shady.

When I was a youngster my parents told me the boogieman story that if you are in the valley after dark they suck your brain out with a straw. To this day, even when I visit my grandparents or family, I am out before dark.

Both my parents are Seymour natives and knowing my family, there is a possibility that it is true.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

stublatt

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:16:25 am »
Another Timmy Tour/Dewey\'s classic indeed!  Topped off by Geo. Dewey, at 1:12AM, on a Thursday,  from the bar - with his mini bull horn - shouting \'one more!!\' - and Tim & Adrian oblige with "I\'m So Tired>Abbey Road Medley".  Official end time = 1:34AM.
  Earlier hilites included a \'looping guitarist\' jam, featuring Tim, Sammy B, Casey Gorman and George Lesiw.  Too cool!

LBoogie

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 11:14:17 am »
what a night....that is all:)

stublatt

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:50 am »
Crowd participation in \'Stash\' was solid!

badash3298

• tiny dancer
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 01:53:14 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;211047
what a night....that is all:)

Quote from: stublatt;211056
Crowd participation in \'Stash\' was solid!

:that:
Ive been waiting so long
To be where Im going

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 09:55:48 am »
Anyone got a completed setlist for this? I had to leave at like 12:45ish and missed the end...
Where to next?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 11:46:15 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;210951

I don\'t know.  I remember driving through Seymour on the same day as the pumpkin festival and thinking that I driving through the Children of the Corn.  I was seriously freaked with all the people walking around with their pumpkin staffs.  Not that Jersey\'s any better, but I steer clear of those piney areas.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

stublatt

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 03:18:35 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;211209
Anyone got a completed setlist for this? I had to leave at like 12:45ish and missed the end...

Don\'t think any \'archivists\' were in the house after 1:00 (I think Dave P. split after the sax breakdown/debacle).  Will have to check out Ken\'s video for that info (although even he thought it was over right after 1, and had to scramble to catch the Beatles finale).

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:01 pm »
Quote from: stublatt;211257
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;211209

Don\'t think any \'archivists\' were in the house after 1:00 (I think Dave P. split after the sax breakdown/debacle).  Will have to check out Ken\'s video for that info (although even he thought it was over right after 1, and had to scramble to catch the Beatles finale).

Oh well that sucks, I was hoping to get a recording of the show... oh well, guess I\'ll have to try and rip the audio off the dvd! If/when that becomes available.  Thanks for the 411!
Where to next?