Author Topic: Apizza  (Read 21281 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2003, 03:02:42 pm »
ATTENTION ALL:

thursday night... 7pm... 2 more matchups... let me know if you\'ll be there..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Apizza
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2003, 07:16:31 pm »
i wont be there.i smoke cigarettes...figure that one out!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Apizza
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2003, 08:13:53 pm »
Hey, how about a round the night before the CBC show, or maybe even the night of the CBC show?  It\'ll round out a great party night, and lots of people shjould be able to make it.

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2003, 09:37:16 am »
after a three month hiatus, the tournament resumes this sunday at 2:30pm!!

looking for as many people as we can get, as we\'ll try to get through 4 matchups in the afternoon/evening.. should be a fun time.. those who are/want in, please let me know.. later.

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2003, 09:43:56 am »

Wolfman

Apizza
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2003, 02:04:03 pm »
WOW!  4 big rounds!  I will do everything I can to be there.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 10:27:25 pm by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2003, 07:01:22 pm »
do it wolf! you won\'t regret!

off to sally\'s & dbb...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2003, 11:00:31 am »
bumpworth...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

The aftermath
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2003, 12:49:18 pm »
Well, all I have to say is my nizzle is throughly shizzled after 8 large pizzas between 11 people, all blindfolded!  Six different places!  Pitchie, get in here with the statistical analysis please.  I can\'t believe how much fun that was.  Not to mention all of the football and PB videos.  I think my mind may have been slightly skewed when I was the only one to vote for Tony and Lucille\'s over Pepe\'s, but honestly I thought they both kinda sucked.  The T+C crust was like a piece of matzah (gross), but Pepe\'s crust was as chewey as most gum and squirted grease as you chewed it (gross).   Sauce I gave to Pepe\'s, cheese went to T+C, so it was pretty much a toss-up.  I was disappointed with Pepe\'s, but I would still like to go there.  You will NEVER catch me at T+C\'s paying $19 a pie for that crapola.  See the burp thread for comments on that.  Can\'t wait for the next round.

Wolf

davepeck

• Administrator
Re: The aftermath
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2003, 01:27:52 pm »
Originally posted by Wolfman
The T+C crust...

T+C = Town & Country?? Surf Designs?? (i know you know what i\'m talking about, wolf!)

Turds & Crap??

Tits & ... oh nevermind...

:)

anyways, i think T+L\'s definitely tasted most like dog food, and at $19 for a large mozz, they got a LOT of nerve!

yesterday was certainly "No Tolerance Pizza Day", and i had voted on several occasions throughout the day to remove T&L\'s completely from the tournament due to their \'holier than thou\' behavior... no one wanted to listen though, and we ended up with a $19 shitpie.

was a successful day overall, though i wish we could have done 4 matchups instead of only 3 (which technically we could have, but people were hungry and wanted to double up for 2 extra pies during Round 2)..

good turnout, but if these pies had toppings, they would have been sausage (our first all-male pizza turnout - what\'s up with that??)... props to Freddie for taking the Designated Server position like a man, having fun, and doing a hell of a job at it.

Wolfman

Apizza
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2003, 02:56:34 pm »
T+C, did I really write that?  Only a true NES player would abbreviate Tony and Lucille\'s with T+C.  

That\'s as good as what happened earlier in the day.  Pec had this drink called Advant-Edge, but the way they spread out the letters on the logo I thought it was Edge-Avant.  So I said "Dave, what\'s this Edge-Avant stuff, is it any good?"  Wow.

galenas

• Global Moderator
Apizza
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2003, 07:48:29 pm »
oh my gosh -- you guys RULE! i wish i would have read this post sooner! being italian, i naturally share in your passion for the pie. hopefully i\'ll be able to attend one of these tournaments in the future. i\'m not a cig smoker, but are there any other requirements i should know about?

SkyePrizm

• separator
Apizza
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2003, 12:02:16 am »
Oh god, it\'s that damn pizza thing.....I didn\'t know this could travel beyond pitchdom.  Chris, there is hope for you yet.......I am glad you have found something to feel passionate about....

I\'d like to begin by saying, there shouldn\'t even be a tournament, cause we all should know by now that Tolli\'s is the best....and I don\'t care what you all say.....

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
Apizza
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2003, 09:41:22 pm »
my personal new addiction is John & Maria\'s white spinach and garlic.  Generally, I think they make better of the \'white\' variety than the \'red\' (w/ sauce) and sometimes they\'ve been known to burn a pie whcih proabably happens kinda easlity it being a thin crust...I as well as Pitchy can see the place from our houses so it\'s aways been a staple for me (try the steak and cheese subs too).

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Apizza
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2003, 01:39:02 am »
Skye, Tolli\'s has gone from being one of the best pies in CT to probably one of the weakest pies on Main Street.  Actually East Haven pizza has gone downhill in a whole too.  Paul\'s and DePalma\'s are the only two that have stayed consistent over the years on the south side of town. I can\'t really speak for the Foxon folk because I have only had John and Maria\'s and I do say they make a pretty good one.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"