Author Topic: Once in a Lifetime Opportunity - Van Gogh fo\' sho!  (Read 555 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Once in a Lifetime Opportunity - Van Gogh fo\' sho!
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:36:16 pm »
To anyone who might be interested in fine art...

On June 15, the Yale Art Gallery in New Haven will be hosting the work of Van Gogh.  His work is pretty cool, especially during the years when he went insane and supposedly cut off his own ear!  
It is free to go, but the art gallery is requesting that you visit their website and reserve a time... probably to avoid mad crowds, lines, pushing and shoving, etc.  It will be on display from June 15-September 7.  :link:

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:31:45 pm »
theere will be 2 of his paintings there : Starry Night and Cypresses. 2 of his more famous ones that he did while in an asylum. theyll be there until september so dont rush back from Utica too fast!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 02:38:47 am »
awesome!!!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:14:04 pm »
van gogh\'s stuff is really interesting...if you study his art throughout his lifetime its very apparent when he started going insane.
DS Newbers