Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY thread to bitch, piss, and moan about where the band is playing  (Read 7954 times)

psychjosh

Quote from: Yoda;221844
Yup and it might seem below their status, but a good old fashion Meadows Parking Lot show might not be a bad idea either...

Fuck those lots.. I mean.. they have representation (i use the term loosely) I cannot be convinced that whoever does it for them.. doesn\'t have foresight to try and pull some of these types of shows together. How fucking hard can it be. Throw in post moe, UM, Biscuits, Panic...don\'t get me started..
The biggest three touring right now are Dead, ABB and Phish. Between all those shows... their management / agent can\'t figure it out.. They should be hung by their balls!
..ok...I\'m breathing now...
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

thatguy

we r ttryn josh!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Here\'s a thought, how about Josh is re-instated as manager?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

thatguy

Quote from: psychjosh;221848
Yup and it might seem below their status, but a good old fashion Meadows Parking Lot show might not be a bad idea either...

Fuck those lots.. I mean.. they have representation (i use the term loosely) I cannot be convinced that whoever does it for them.. doesn\'t have foresight to try and pull some of these types of shows together. How fucking hard can it be. Throw in post moe, UM, Biscuits, Panic...don\'t get me started..
The biggest three touring right now are Dead, ABB and Phish. Between all those shows... their management / agent can\'t figure it out.. They should be hung by their balls!
..ok...I\'m breathing now...

we would love to do those shows,i mean we  would give r left nuts to do them.but for some crazy reason anything remotely cool the breakfast just does not interest anybody in the music biz anymore..it KILLS US.

peaches626

left nuts are so last year...

try the right nut.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
id give my right nut to be able to get to a show soon!  im tryin.  its just beemn so difficult lately.  its aggrivating

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The saddest part is that this will probably be the most popular thread on dotinfo for at least the month of March.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: stublatt;221831
How bout a TB show at Connie\'s in Derby.  The Valley NEEDS Breakfast!!!  Overall, the place is fairly close in size to The Field (and similar in that you kind of have 1 large room that is split between band area/hardcore fans and bar area - where you have both TB fans and drinkers that didn\'t really come for the music, but some of those will get turned on to the band).  Worth looking in to, I think.

I agree with Connie\'s!  I\'ve always said that. I even think the GTB would rock at Connie\'s!

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Is this also the place to complain that there are too many side project shows and not enough Breakfast shows? ;)

Quote from: thatguy;221847

by the way,we r playing the parking lot of the great woods show in june...acoustic though..low volume because of security..

sick! i hope this works out well. Whos got my extra ?!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Quote from: peaches626;221835
How \'bout a residency at the Iron Horse!!!!

That room sounds so great for recordings, and the staff is peachy!!!!

post of the month
DS Newbers

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Does anybody on this board understand that nobody\'s getting rich as thebreakfast but they can at least pay the bills with side projects. You all like to use the im broke excuse when you dont go to shows, well if these guys go broke there are no shows. And as far as where they play, have you guys thought for two seconds about the realities these guys have??  Wives, a kid, bills just like the rest of you shmucks, so for the time beimg distane and duration  have to be limited. Grow the fuck up and accept whatever decisions they make no matter how bad you think they are. There is a life outside the breakfast and the four of them have to live it just like the rest of us.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Speaking of side projects, The Wall St Journal had an article about airlines having trouble filling flights on certain routes, resulting in tickets from $200 roundtrip between New York/Boston and San Francisco.  I\'d like to see Timmy Tour make a triumphant return to SF with a 1-week tour of select Bay Area venues, possibly with some sit-ins with his local allies (Tea Leaf Green for example) if it was timed right.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
How about another Puppet House run? Maybe with another cool "gimmick" a la the Morrison Hotel and Sgt. Pepper\'s shows. I could go for another pair of BYOB three-setters; 8/20/05 was my "favorite show ever" for a long time.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: peaches626;221835
How \'bout a residency at the Iron Horse!!!!

That room sounds so great for recordings, and the staff is peachy!!!!
rotfl

Just what is that status?

Quote from: thatguy;221847
by the way,we r playing the parking lot of the great woods show in june...acoustic though..low volume because of security..
It\'s a start

Quote from: Yoda;221850
Here\'s a thought, how about Josh is re-instated as manager?
:deadhorse:

Quote from: peaches626;221852
left nuts are so last year...

try the right nut.
Stick to a joke a thread

Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;221854
The saddest part is that this will probably be the most popular thread on dotinfo for at least the month of March.

I can rectify that in a second. ;)

Quote from: ellis-d;221889
Does anybody on this board understand that nobody\'s getting rich as thebreakfast but they can at least pay the bills with side projects. You all like to use the im broke excuse when you dont go to shows, well if these guys go broke there are no shows. And as far as where they play, have you guys thought for two seconds about the realities these guys have??  Wives, a kid, bills just like the rest of you shmucks, so for the time beimg distane and duration  have to be limited. Grow the fuck up and accept whatever decisions they make no matter how bad you think they are. There is a life outside the breakfast and the four of them have to live it just like the rest of us.
:lol: Let \'er rip kid

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;221893
Speaking of side projects, The Wall St Journal had an article about airlines having trouble filling flights on certain routes, resulting in tickets from $200 roundtrip between New York/Boston and San Francisco.  I\'d like to see Timmy Tour make a triumphant return to SF with a 1-week tour of select Bay Area venues, possibly with some sit-ins with his local allies (Tea Leaf Green for example) if it was timed right.

Dude that makes way to much sense to have a chance of happening.
Tim/Josh would sell a couple nights so easily it\'s ridiculous.
W/ the possibility of Trevor, Reed, Lebo, or Sean Leahy sitting in....

Hmmm may have to put a call in to Sabec abt this.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;221854

you forgot about the phish reunion threads. as of friday 8p-ish est that one\'s going to jump wayyyy ahead.

and ellis nailed the conversation imo. There are things I would do different, but I\'m not in a place to. It\'s their buisness/lives. Do you really think they are taking gigs because "hey, this will piss off our fans, let\'s go for it!", or "hey, this will annoy the hell out of a couple of people, but at least I\'ll be able to buy diapers!"

end of the day, bitch if it makes you feel better, but if you want there to continue to be shows at all do what you can to support them.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke