Author Topic: The LOST Season 4 Thread  (Read 17421 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2008, 10:19:00 am »
i LOVE this show.
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2008, 12:09:58 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;189126
where (or when?) are they going to move the island to??? and whats the deal with all those freaky people who stay the same age?
also, how does sayid get to the island? doesnt he have to get thru some time warp?

locke episodes never disappoint.... no exception this time around. crazy backstory. is this the first flashback of the season?

I\'m kind of confused with the never ageing  people. Also I\'m not sure if it means move the island in time or in location either. Where you have to follow certain coordinates to get to the location of the island, but is that because of where it is or when it is? Last night was a fantastic episode though! I\'m surprised how much of this show is destiny without anyone proclaiming freewill. Several of them seem willing to accept that everything is happening for a reason.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2008, 12:18:49 pm »
and the previews for the next episode look pretty good. it looks like we\'re gonna see the oceanic 6 get off the island.

also, did claire\'s pupils look gigantic in that cabin or was it just me?
Postcount +1.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2008, 01:01:04 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;189157

also, did claire\'s pupils look gigantic in that cabin or was it just me?

haha, shes rollin face breeeeh
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2008, 01:41:57 pm »
she seemed a little fucked up....

also what\'s the deal with christian?  how does he fit into all this??  the guy\'s everywhere, and now he\'s somehow in cahoots with jacob?
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:26 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;189125
and what\'s with richard, the man who never ages?

does he really never age, or is he just traveling through time?

Quote from: princesscaspian;189126
where (or when?) are they going to move the island to??? and whats the deal with all those freaky people who stay the same age?
also, how does sayid get to the island? doesnt he have to get thru some time warp?

locke episodes never disappoint.... no exception this time around. crazy backstory. is this the first flashback of the season?

the moving of the island could explain why the survivors can\'t find it in the future when they want to go back. could definitely be just moving it in time, not location.

Sayid took the correct bearing, which would not affect him, time-wise. the doctor\'s body passed through the barrier, which apparently threw him forward a few days.

this is the second flashback of the season, if you count Jin\'s in "Ji Yeon".

this is interesting:

It\'s interesting to note, that Abaddon means "destruction" or "the destroyer" in Greek, and is the name of the biblical Angel of the Abyss (thanks, Lostpedia)...while Alpert is named after a real world Dr. Richard Alpert - in the 60s, he became a Hindu, and the Hindu name he was given? "Servant of God."

Quote from: FrankZappa;189153
I\'m kind of confused with the never ageing  people. Also I\'m not sure if it means move the island in time or in location either. Where you have to follow certain coordinates to get to the location of the island, but is that because of where it is or when it is? Last night was a fantastic episode though! I\'m surprised how much of this show is destiny without anyone proclaiming freewill. Several of them seem willing to accept that everything is happening for a reason.

"Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch."

and why wouldn\'t they believe in destiny? look at everything that has happened. guns "malfunctioning" on Michael *twice*, John surviving the fall, getting his legs back on the island, getting shot by Ben and not dying, and on and on and on. pretty sure i\'d start believing in destiny too. Lostpedia has a great section on Fate Versus Free Will.

all in all, another fantastic mindfuck of an episode. good to see Dr.Shep back in the chair in the cabin (i know some people were questioning it when we first saw it back in February), and with Claire by his side to boot!

loved Ben and Hurley sharing the candy bar.

loved Locke\'s drawing of the smoke monster as a child.

the whole looping going on when Locke encountered Horace in his dream was nuts.

the comic book:

and why was Keamy wearing a metronome?? :lol:

he scares the shit out of me, btw.

[X] Will watch again tonight.

davepeck

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2008, 01:52:28 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;189180
also what\'s the deal with christian?  how does he fit into all this??  the guy\'s everywhere, and now he\'s somehow in cahoots with jacob?

if you haven\'t watched Episode 13 of the Missing Pieces Mobisodes that i posted about a while back, you need to.

it\'s pretty huge. a little less so now, but watching that before this season started left my jaw on the floor for quite a bit.

davepeck

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
more good news...

ABC Adds More Hours to Lost
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 9, 2008

The 2009 and 2010 editions of ABC\'s "Lost" will be 17 hours each -- not 16 as previously planned, says The Hollywood Reporter.

ABC has added two hours to the show\'s production plan because the WGA strike knocked three hours out of the current season. To partly compensate, the network recently added an additional hour to Part 2 of the season finale that airs May 29.

All told, the changes will wrap up the show with the same number of episodes that producers and ABC negotiated last year.

"We were supposed to do 16-16-16," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said. "But we ended up doing 14 this season, so we owe two."

For the upcoming season finale, Lindelof promised a more action-driven cliffhanger instead of the mind-bending flash-forward time shift that stunned fans last season.

"The finale this year will not be as tricky as last year," he said. "Hopefully, this year it\'s a little bit more of a straightforward action-adventure narrative. But the ending of the episode will hopefully engage and intrigue people looking forward to the next season of the show."

and a reminder: next week is the first part of the THREE hour season finale, "There\'s No Place Like Home". there is a week off after next week, with the final 2 hours airing on the 29th.

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2008, 05:16:22 pm »
another awesome episode!!!
 Love this show!!!
lisa
:mickey:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:30 am »
you know I was thinking that looked like a metronome also and I was thinking about it. A metronome will keep perfect time. If time is slowing down/speeding up on the island then maybe you would be able to hear/see/feel the effects of the time fluctuation\'s with it?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2008, 11:08:20 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;189270
you know I was thinking that looked like a metronome also and I was thinking about it. A metronome will keep perfect time. If time is slowing down/speeding up on the island then maybe you would be able to hear/see/feel the effects of the time fluctuation\'s with it?

:lol: well, the prop is a metronome. there\'s no way it\'s a metronome in the world of LOST. it would make no sense for Keamy to a) have it attached to his body, and b) point to it and say, "i don\'t think you want to do that" when he has a gun pointed at him.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2008, 03:28:37 pm »
touche\'.

davepeck

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2008, 05:21:01 pm »
There\'s No Place Like Home (Part 1)

bump for the first hour of the 3-hour season finale tonight!! ab.so.lute.ly.can.not.fuck.ing.wait!!!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:02 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;189950
ab.so.lute.ly.can.not.fuck.ing.wait!!!
:that: :banjump:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The LOST Season 4 Thread
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:38 pm »
in the voice of mr slave:

.:jesus christ:.

i cant wait
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside