Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-04-16 - Plantation Club; Worcester, MA  (Read 15199 times)

smithers inc

Setlist: 2005-04-16 - Plantation Club; Worcester, MA
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2005, 01:42:53 pm »
about those blue X\'s. i gotta say that, that was my fault. my friends and i showed up at the show thinking it was 18+ but when we got there, the big guy at the door told us it was actually 21+. after we gave the guy the sob story about how we drove 1.5 hrs they started putting X\'s on everyones hands so we could go in underage. sorry about the marker-hands

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2005, 01:47:54 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
When referring to "Best breakfast song/show ever" lets please refrain from using the word "ever", because its bullshit....The best breakfast song/show played will always be a song/show they haven\'t played yet....so instead of saying "best breakfast show/song ever", I believe we should be saying "best breakfast song/show TO DATE"

Done and done...

clearly bitter because he didn\'t see the best rufus ever.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2005, 01:52:50 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht
good decesion on my part to miss the 3 night east coast run.
yea!
im a veteran!!
QUOTE]

You were missed, man, gotta do what you gotta do
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2005, 02:38:28 pm »
Quote from: smithers inc
about those blue X\'s. i gotta say that, that was my fault. my friends and i showed up at the show thinking it was 18+ but when we got there, the big guy at the door told us it was actually 21+. after we gave the guy the sob story about how we drove 1.5 hrs they started putting X\'s on everyones hands so we could go in underage. sorry about the marker-hands

no its quite alright.  i\'m sure everyone can suck it up for a night.  that change probably got at least an extra dozen or so heads in, so whatever.  if there are under 21 individuals who would benefit from being at the show, then i am certainly not one to deny them access.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2005, 02:47:01 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
if there are under 21 individuals who would benefit from being at the show, then i am certainly not one to deny them access.

I had the opportunity to see the Breakfast play at many bars in 1999/2000 as a 19/20 year old and would have missed out on a lot if there were 21+ mandates.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2005, 08:16:35 pm »

no problemo dude! glad you were able to get inside and see the show. sucks being under 21 hahaha!! i shouldn\'t talk though... i\'m not really that far past you. :spin:
i think i may have talked to you... or one of your friends... gavin was it?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:27 pm »
the X\'s actually ended up being a great idea.. i was able to rake in $60 by giving all the underage kids the ability to drink with the whiteboard markers i had in my truck! :thumbsup:

KIDDING!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2005, 08:36:33 pm »
Finally gonna toss my .02 in. Great night, interesting room to say the least. I felt I was lost when I got off Rt. 146, the place is in the middle of a suburban neighborhood, still trying to figure out how in the hell they manage to hold shows there without getting complaints from the neighbors. $3.50 guinness drafts was also an added bonus, was not expecting that and ended up having a few more than I planned on, which also turned into me failing to realize I shouldn\'t have been jumping around like normal for most of the night starting somewhere during Puppetry or WPOAC, can\'t really recall when. Nice meeting some new faces, don\'t ask who I met, I\'m terrible with names. As for the music, I can\'t say much, I\'m still left speechless, as were the three people I brought, been to a couple shows here and there, but now I got them hooked, finally, I think. Was an interesting car ride home, I dont think I talked at all, just listened to the three of them in awe. Great night, great people, see ya next time (knowing me, a few months down the road ;))
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2005, 09:37:05 pm »
Quote from: moebass

no problemo dude! glad you were able to get inside and see the show. sucks being under 21 hahaha!! i shouldn\'t talk though... i\'m not really that far past you. :spin:
i think i may have talked to you... or one of your friends... gavin was it?

i\'m gavin first of all, and i think we were the first underagers there because the big dude was making us leave when anotehr girl who worked there listened to us and the fact we drove from sunapee nh, so she asked her boss and introduced us to the bartenders so we didnt drink.  they put some heavy threats on us if they caught us drinking.  those guys show no mercy !!  when did i talk to you ? !
*Gia*

smithers inc

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2005, 11:48:07 am »
yeah thats real similiar to what the guy did to us. they stopped us as we were driving out of the parking lot and said they would let us in after all. he put the same heavy pressure too, said that if we asked for a drink we\'d be "leaving in cuffs" pretty brutal.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2005, 01:30:21 pm »
wow.. i *almost* forgot about our food experience in worcester (believe me, i\'m trying!)..

so mike & i got to the place really early, and we were pretty hungry, so we figured we\'d wait and see if the band wanted to order some grub, as they had some take-out/delivery menus behind the bar..

jordan elected to go with chinese, while tim, ron, mike, and i went with the italian place. we were breaking tim\'s balls, cause he ordered a chicken parm sub in worcester, and god only knows what the sauce would taste like.. the rest of us decided to go with simple chicken cutlet subs, with provolone, lettuce, tomato, and mayo..

turns out the joke was on us.

we got our subs (about an hour and a half later), and there\'s sauce on all of them. we open them up, and sure enough, on three of them, there was ALSO lettuce, tomato, and mayo!!! :yack::yack::yack:

WHO DOES THAT????????

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2005, 01:32:49 pm »
chicken parm with vegetables and mayo? yuck!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2005, 01:35:16 pm »
i mean, what goes through one\'s head when putting that sandwich together?!? i would think some kind of red flag would be raised.. but nope, just red sauce...

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2005, 01:37:50 pm »
did u eat them?

i actually ordered food at the bar the last show there...we ordered spicy cheese balls hopping they would be something special....unfortunately it was just plain old poppers.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2005, 01:41:31 pm »
Quote from: Klout
did u eat them?

we didn\'t have much of a choice at that point.. we went there hungry - arrived at the club around 6:45.. by the time we finished load-in, etc, ordered the subs at 8:30, i don\'t think they got there til 10:00, so we were starving..

some chose to do some scraping. others (myself) chose to go after it like Joe Rogan - Fear Factor style! :yack: