Author Topic: UM/STS9 Summer Tour  (Read 1330 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 06:59:16 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;185704
So on dates where it shows STS9 after-party, I assume STS9 is ?ONLY? playing an after party? For example, 7.19 Chicago-- does Tribe play a set at Charter One before Umph, then play after Umph at HOB too? Or do they just play at HOB and Umph solo at Charter One?

???
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 07:15:14 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;185781
So on dates where it shows STS9 after-party, I assume STS9 is ?ONLY? playing an after party? For example, 7.19 Chicago-- does Tribe play a set at Charter One before Umph, then play after Umph at HOB too? Or do they just play at HOB and Umph solo at Charter One?

???

both bands play each night then in 3 cities sts9 plays an after party and I think in 2 cities UM plays the after party
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:21 pm »
Quote from: Todd;185769
LiveNation will be selling tickets for this show, but they don\'t go on sale until 4/19. Who knows what allotment they received and also what their service fee will be. Oh, and $5 per ticket is a facilities fee, which goes right to the venue.

Live Nation IS Ticketmaster.  If Ticketmaster (or livenation) owns the venue, the "facilities fee" is just going to ticketmaster.

Sorry for the hijack.  I hope UM opens with bright lights big city.  there.  back on topic.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:09 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;185793
Quote from: Todd;185769
LiveNation will be selling tickets for this show, but they don\'t go on sale until 4/19. Who knows what allotment they received and also what their service fee will be. Oh, and $5 per ticket is a facilities fee, which goes right to the venue.

Live Nation IS Ticketmaster.  If Ticketmaster (or livenation) owns the venue, the "facilities fee" is just going to ticketmaster.

Sorry for the hijack.  I hope UM opens with bright lights big city.  there.  back on topic.

Live Nation is a client of TM. They are not the same. Live Nation\'s charges may even be more than TM\'s due to this.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

galenas

• Global Moderator
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:02 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;185767
Quote from: Todd;185715
Gotta love how a $24.50 ticket costs $36.25. :sigh:

How can they justify a 48% premium for ticket servicing?  M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y: there is only one provider of tickets for a show and they can do whatever the f they want.  Sucks for the consumer.

I really wish some other ticket providers would gain more of the market from Ticketfucker.

i haaaaaaaatttteeee ticketmaster. i try never to go through them if possible. and if that means getting shut out of a show (like i did for the last UM show at nokia in nyc b/c i refused to buy early....) then so be it! fuckers.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 11:39:44 pm »
It really is sad.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

dannybiscuits

UM/STS9 Summer Tour
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 01:04:30 am »

I believe this question has many possible answers/outcomes. From my understanding umph and sts9 will be playing at the charter one and "ironically" because Umph is from Chicago sts9 is playing the after party. My educated guess would be that Umph will be at HOB with sts9 and will no doubt make an appearance.

I also believe that I must read all posts when trying to answer someones question because the question I have just answered was already answered.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:04:30 am by dannybiscuits »
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!