Author Topic: Wireless router problemo  (Read 2944 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wireless router problemo
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:06:11 am »
Yesterday I attempted to secure my router because my connection was slow as hell due to others using it.  I was following step by step instructions and I set the WPA without receiving the WPA key, thus basically locking me out of my modem and making it impossible to connect to.  Does anyone here know how to retrieve the WPA key that the modem has ?  I really have to figure this out so any help is appreciated.  Tanx !
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:29:44 am »
What do you mean not retreiving the key?

Anyway you can usually reset routers to have no password by pressing a tiny button on the back that you probably need a paper clip to press.... when it\'s turned on, hold that in for like 30 seconds. Should reset it then you can try again.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:51 am »
well when trying to connect you have to type in a password or a key as they are calling it.  looking for the little button i see a tiny black dot would that be it ?
*Gia*

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;269656
Yesterday I attempted to secure my router because my connection was slow as hell due to others using it.  I was following step by step instructions and I set the WPA without receiving the WPA key, thus basically locking me out of my modem and making it impossible to connect to.  Does anyone here know how to retrieve the WPA key that the modem has ?  I really have to figure this out so any help is appreciated.  Tanx !

And you\'re trying to get into Show Production? Yeah you\'re on the right track there Gabo. hahahaha
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:51:36 pm »
you\'re a dick, leith.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 02:14:22 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;269659
well when trying to connect you have to type in a password or a key as they are calling it.  looking for the little button i see a tiny black dot would that be it ?

Did you forget the key you set?

But yeah, that little black dot is most likely the reset button. Hold that in for like half a minute, then turn the power off and back on. Good chance you\'ll be password-free after that.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 02:19:51 pm »
thing is i never had an opportunity to set a key, the modem apparently comes with one and i got it two years ago.  hopefully that works with the button it sucks tho i cant try it until im back home with no internet and no way to get back here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:07:50 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

leith

Wireless router problemo
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:21:17 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269667
you\'re a dick, leith.

and you\'re pretty self righteous.
If Gabo can\'t take some ball bustin\' from a friend he isn\'t making it in the industry he\'s chosen to take a crack at.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »
Is there a lot of wireless networking and troubleshooting involved in the show production industry?

Don\'t get me wrong, I\'m all for breaking Gavin\'s balls.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 02:23:38 pm »
Quote from: leith;269672
Quote from: Igziabeher;269667
you\'re a dick, leith.

and you\'re pretty self righteous.
If Gabo can\'t take some ball bustin\' from a friend he isn\'t making it in the industry he\'s chosen to take a crack at.

i can take it its just i have mad shit due online and need my router to submit it.  pretty stressed about the whole thing its my last week of class and not doing so well so far. its physics by the way fuck that shit
*Gia*

leith

Wireless router problemo
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;269670
thing is i never had an opportunity to set a key, the modem apparently comes with one and i got it two years ago.  hopefully that works with the button it sucks tho i cant try it until im back home with no internet and no way to get back here.  

you apparently dont know the answer do yo leith or else you would help me out instead of being busy sucking a dick

No even if I did know the answer I\'d still give you shit. Funny thing is you didn\'t get my joke but once you graduate you can have a runner explain it to you.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:33 pm »
Gavin you know if you can\'t get the wireless to reset, you should be able to connect to the internet anyway with a LAN cable.

Plug that shit in the old fashion way, no password required. IDK if you have any of those cables kickin around but I\'m sure somebody does.

leith

Wireless router problemo
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:41 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;269673
Is there a lot of wireless networking and troubleshooting involved in the show production industry?

Don\'t get me wrong, I\'m all for breaking Gavin\'s balls.

You know how many Production Managers it takes to turn on a computer?
Zero
they have the Production asst. do it.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wireless router problemo
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »
Quote from: leith;269675
Quote from: bezerker;269670

you apparently dont know the answer do yo leith or else you would help me out instead of being busy sucking a dick

No even if I did know the answer I\'d still give you shit. Funny thing is you didn\'t get my joke but once you graduate you can have a runner explain it to you.

fair enough.  im not getting anywhre unless i get my modem set up tho so hopefully that works tuna thanks bud
*Gia*

leith

Wireless router problemo
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »
How many production Managers does it take to run a show?
Zero
they have.....
How many production Managers does it take to send an email
3 one to tell his pa to turn on the computer
one to have his pa dictate what the other prod manager says

What did the Production Manager say to the crew after a long fucking day?
Didn\'t I do a great job?
I can go all day on this.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:31:29 pm by leith »