Author Topic: Also started a blog (total coincidence)  (Read 2552 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Also started a blog (total coincidence)
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
I started a WordPress blog 3 days ago.  (Igz and I did not collaborate on this, it just happened!)  Right now I\'m collecting/archiving all my stuff that\'s already out there.  It\'s mostly show reviews right now.  There is also some poetry, memoirs, and some videos of me speaking.  I\'m looking forward to getting all of my existing stuff into one place.  I should be finishing that process this week, then I can focus on new stuff.  Enjoy!

http://thewolfmanswords.wordpress.com/

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:58 pm »
glad i changed my theme for ya.

Wolfman

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »
I\'m having trouble with themes.  That\'s why I haven\'t launched yet.  I was using "The Morning After" but it had way too many widgets on the side that I couldn\'t seem to remove.  Now I\'m on this one but all my pics and videos are getting cut off because the presentation area is too small.  Let\'s chat...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:19 pm »
should I really go to Bonnaroo? would be a first.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:42 pm »
i just kept flipping thru random ones and sampling them until i found one that i liked.  i would suggest using one that doesn\'t cost anything.

also, i added yours to my links,  should i have waited?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:49:42 pm by Igziabeher »

Wolfman

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;268250
should I really go to Bonnaroo? would be a first.

It depends on the lineup, but generally speaking, yes.  It\'s the biggest baddest fest in the USA and anyone who loves music the way we do should go at least once.  They really do a great job putting it on.  I went to the first one in 02 and again in 09 and loved it both times.  If you like the lineup, just do it!

Quote from: Igziabeher;268251
i just kept flipping thru random ones and sampling them until i found one that i liked.  i would suggest using one that doesn\'t cost anything.

also, i added yours to my links,  should i have waited?

Thanks Igz!  I was flipping through themes for an hour today and getting really frustrated.  Too many widgets, widgets not working, too narrow, no "edit" button outside of the dashboard...then you found Choco and it has everything!  I owe you one.  It\'s fine that you added me.  I will do the same for you.  I\'m officially "launching" in 2-3 days but I suppose that I just "pre-launched" now that I posted at .info.  Let me figure out how to operate the friend blog widget and you\'re first up!

Thanks,

Wolf

Igz, what is the name of that "blogs from friends" widget?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:55:07 pm by Wolfman »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »
you son of bitch, stole my choco.

how did you get to subcategorize your categories?  i\'m still confused with that section and deleting categories i won\'t use and adding more than 6 or whatever.

Wolfman

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:06 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268256
you son of bitch, stole my choco.

how did you get to subcategorize your categories?  i\'m still confused with that section and deleting categories i won\'t use and adding more than 6 or whatever.

lol as if 100,000 other blogs aren\'t already using it :)  I did add a background which makes it look a lot different :)

My Blog > Dashboard > Posts (in left sidebar) > Categories

ok, now look under where you type in the name of the new category.  There is a dropdown menu called "parent".  Your existing categories will be here.  Choose the parent category and you\'re all set.  Note that the hierarchy doesn\'t really show in the dashboard, but it\'s in there.  You also may need to adjust your widget so that it displays the hierarchy.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:06:16 pm »
I\'m gonna use that same theme.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;268260
I\'m gonna use that same theme.

thats it!  i\'m changing mine for the third time.

Wolfman

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:02 pm »
2 new posts today: First marathon recap and why Pacquiao vs. Mosley put me to sleep:

http://thewolfmanswords.wordpress.com/

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 11:54:21 pm »
It won\'t let me comment for some reason, but don\'t give up on boxing on that p.o.s. fight.  Watch the next Sergio Martinez fight,  hopfully Mayweather and Pacquiao ain\'t too afraid to go ahead with it.  and don\'t waste money on ppvs, the good up and comin fighters are on HBO.

Wolfman

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 12:22:25 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269094
It won\'t let me comment for some reason, but don\'t give up on boxing on that p.o.s. fight.  Watch the next Sergio Martinez fight,  hopfully Mayweather and Pacquiao ain\'t too afraid to go ahead with it.  and don\'t waste money on ppvs, the good up and comin fighters are on HBO.

Right on.  Fortunately it didn\'t cost me anything because I have a cadre of Philippino peeps who order all the Pacquiao fights and refuse to accept money; they\'re just happy to have more people in the room.  If you ask me, the good up and coming fighters are on UFC not HBO ;)  But you make a good point; I shouldn\'t say I\'ll never be back because if Mayweather/Pacquiao happens I\'ll definitely get out to watch.

By the way, how did you get that "blogs from friends" widget?  I can\'t find it anywhere.  I want to add it so I can put up a link to your blog.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:22:25 pm by Wolfman »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »
you have to go to the links widget and make a separate folder of links that you can name however you please.

and yes. i\'m a huge UFC fan and its popularity over the past few years has blown by boxing(which is mostly fixed anyways), but you can also watch plenty of great fighters on Strikeforce on Showtime(Gilbert Melendez #1 lightweight in the world, welterweight champ Nick Diaz, lightheavyweight champ Dan Henderson and heavyweight champ Alister Overeem).  Also. Saturday nights on MTV2 has Bellator fighting which has a bunch of good young talent, but yes UFC is generally the NFL of MMA.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:32:52 pm by Igziabeher »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 12:38:38 am »
any luck yet?

go to your dashboard and click the links button on the right.  the third option is link categories which you click on.  from there you can add new categoried which whatever you wanna name it, and when you go to the add new links, be sure to put it on the category you want shown on your homepage. from there you can go to widgets, drag links to the righthand side and choose which categories you want shown.