Author Topic: [LMA]The Breakfast 2009-11-13 Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 5804 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
[LMA]The Breakfast 2009-11-13 Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 02:31:12 pm »
Quote from: Klout;247014
this show:

a)breaks no new ground
b)is just wanking aimless jams, nothing tasteful, driven, or even remotely epic
c)is boring as hell
d)doesn\'t hold a candle to 85% of the shows played last year
e)is typical of everything I have heard from this band for the last year since they decided they didn\'t need to practice anymore
d)sounds just like a typical 5th tier jam band who just slam on their instruments and noodle around with zero originality

I doubt I will even waste my time going to utica after christmas.  the product they are bringing to the table is just wicked hag at the moment.

hows rezi tour goin,braaah?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 03:46:48 pm »
this show:

a)breaks no new ground
c)is boring as hell
e)is typical of everything I have heard from this band for the last year since they decided they didn\'t need to practice anymore
d)sounds just like a typical 5th tier jam band who just slam on their instruments and noodle around with zero originality

I doubt I will even waste my time going to utica after christmas.  the product they are bringing to the table is just wicked hag at the moment.

i appreciate your honesty; however i disagree on some points:

a) new to me, probably not to breakfast and old fans
b)i find the jams well-aimed, tasteful, very driven (for \'09), but not quite epic.
c) all the tracks from this show are in my "top rated" winamp list, a first for the whole show.
e) i\'ve been listening for a year, 11-13, 9-25 are recent highlights; of course it doesn\'t top something like 2005-08-20 Puppet House, which I\'m listening to now ;););)
d) idk and idc, i love it!

nonetheless, Klout, thanks for speakin\' out [i need a wake & bake smiley]

*also just noticed that you ordered your list "a,b,c,d,e,d" and I followed the order in my post too.  doh!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:27:26 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

Ren

• what?
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 05:10:24 pm »
good fucking ridance.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 10:06:35 am »
this show:

a)breaks no new ground
c)is boring as hell

Sorry brah. This is easily top 5 Breakfast show I\'ve ever heard. Raw inspiration. If this isn\'t doing it for you anymore I really don\'t think there\'s much The Breakfast can probably do for you anymore.

So what bands exactly are you in to these days anyway?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 10:16:25 am »
that\'s some great hate\'n you got there Klout!  Hope the dark side is treating you well...

I still don\'t understand why people have to feel so vested that they are hurt.  It\'s just a band.  It\'s just music.  It\'s supposed to feel GOOD.  Lighten up.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 03:19:24 pm »
it was probably cool live.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2009, 03:35:02 pm »
Was Tim hammered or did he have a hard time remembering the words to Score?  There\'s a lot of mumbling going on... Either way, this show is good to my earhole...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:32 pm »
I thought the vocals in Score were great... Tim was using his voice more like an instrument. Guy\'s come a long way with his vocals since I first started seeing PB.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2009, 04:02:00 pm »
I\'m not knocking his voice, but it sounded to me like he was rolling through the words because he couldn\'t remember them... Also there was no STS tease at the beginning of WUIAC... 90% of the riff might have been played, but it could have easily been and Adagio tease...  Could have done without the Synergy (itself) sandwich, but beggars can\'t be choosers...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2009, 04:04:19 pm »
WUIAC was super heady. It was definitely played a little differently but considering the incredible flow of this entire show I wouldn\'t say it was a bad thing at all. In the contrary.

Yeah Tim was sorta slurring the words but I think it sounded cool. Actually I think it\'s my favorite Score ever.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 04:05:27 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;247075
WUIAC was super heady. It was definitely played a little differently but considering the incredible flow of this entire show I wouldn\'t say it was a bad thing at all. In the contrary.

Yeah Tim was sorta slurring the words but I think it sounded cool. Actually I think it\'s my favorite Score ever.

Yeah, I just wish Synergy would take a little rotation nap...

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »
Really sweet transitions in the mooboo\'s > synergy sandwich.

**this is deffly a contender for show of the year. This really should be an official band release.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:57:47 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh