Author Topic: Hockey?  (Read 7515 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Hockey?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:11 am »
fact:

if this thread was started by a dude, it would have 0 responses.

:thumbsup: to skyeprizm for coming back to .info with a vengeance, AND getting people to talk!

[SPOILER] oh, but hockey still blows. ;) [/SPOILER]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Hockey?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 10:25:46 am »
It always seemed silly to me to play hockey in places where there is plenty of dry land and soccer could be played instead...

Imagine if they started having martial arts tournaments in between the periods in soccer. Hockey would be obselete!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Hockey?
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 11:09:08 am »
The rangers were f-ing terrible last night. I basically stopped watching in the 3rd period and seeded that bfast show.

They seem to be the exact same shitty team that ended last season (I thought they played really well begining of last year). No one shots the puck except for shanahan (man is he good. his caliber of play is so much higher than anyone on the team including jagr) they always hold on to the puck to long and Nielander needs someone to knock him on his ass next time he tries to skate around and around with the puck.

Defense has been a joke. I actually thought Weeks played better than lundquist has all season when they lost to Buffalo. He at least made some really big saves (the score would have been way worse) but that was before the Devils game. He palyed pretty good against the devils but man the rangers are really playing bad hockey. hope they can turn it around or it will be a long season to watch
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Hockey?
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 11:16:03 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;123079
It always seemed silly to me to play hockey in places where there is plenty of dry land and soccer could be played instead...

Imagine if they started having martial arts tournaments in between the periods in soccer. Hockey would be obselete!

Soccer ? even less people watch soccer in the US then Hockey.

Soccer is pretty much teh ghey. I watch the World Cup and that is supposed to be the best of the best and the sport is just lame. A bunch of whiney flamboyant "guys" diving at every chance and complaining to the refs. And dont get me started on the rules. Overtime is not sudden death (you just watched 90mins of tied soccer and they let the other team have a chance to come back WTF is that ?) and if no one wins in the allotted time. They play an entirely different game to determine a winner (like Hockey does now in the regular season which is so f-ing LAME) Penalty Kicks. Thats like watching the NBA and if it is tied after overtime they say screw it and play horse
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Hockey?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 11:27:32 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;123089

Soccer is pretty much teh ghey.Thats like watching the NBA and if it is tied after overtime they say screw it and play horse

hahaha, now we\'re talkin\' ! :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Hockey?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 11:51:00 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;123058
I wore a whalers shirt to a sox game this summer. Never got so many comments about any shirt I\'ve ever worn in my life as I did that day. :thumbsup:

I did that at harpoonfest one year...drank for free all night.

but now i\'m a die hard Bruins fan....not having a good start this year
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

SkyePrizm

• separator
Hockey?
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 12:56:40 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;123087
The rangers were f-ing terrible last night. I basically stopped watching in the 3rd period and seeded that bfast show.

Yeah, it was disappointing to see especially since i saw such an awesome effort on Monday.  But the season still is young....

Quote from: weekapaug19;123096
Quote from: FrankZappa;123058
I wore a whalers shirt to a sox game this summer. Never got so many comments about any shirt I\'ve ever worn in my life as I did that day. :thumbsup:

I did that at harpoonfest one year...drank for free all night.

The love is still there!  :biggrin:   Come on, how can you not have nostalgia for a team that had an anthem like the Brass Bonanza!!!   Not that im totally crazy....yet.....when I WAS  planning my wedding, the joke was to have the wedding party be introduced to that....my mother didnt get the humor in it.

Quote from: davepeck;123075
fact:

if this thread was started by a dude, it would have 0 responses.

:thumbsup: to skyeprizm for coming back to .info with a vengeance, AND getting people to talk!

[SPOILER] oh, but hockey still blows. ;) [/SPOILER]

Thanks, Dave!!!  I just woke up one morning and I was like, I should start posting on .info again..=)

Quote from: bdfreetuna;123091
Quote from: kindm\'s;123089

Soccer is pretty much teh ghey.Thats like watching the NBA and if it is tied after overtime they say screw it and play horse

hahaha, now we\'re talkin\' ! :D

Yeah, there is no comparison between hockey and soccer.  I cannot watch soccer on TV, but flip on any hockey game....i\'ll watch it.  Come on, I even sit through my friends\' roller hockey games...and trust me, they can get pretty BAD.  IF anyone is looking for a fun hobby, teams are getting together already for the spring at The Rinks in Shelton, CT.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:56:40 pm by SkyePrizm »

Powerslave

Hockey?
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 01:05:08 pm »
Ya, last night kinda sucked but I don\'t think it was that bad. Vokoun was great, he stopped 38 f\'n shots, if they can keep that up, they\'ll win more than they lose. The problems were the same I mentioned before: powerplay sucks (3 5-on-3\'s and no goals, c\'mon guys, move around a little!), defense was slow but wasn\'t getting much help from the forwards, and Lundqvist was average. The part of the game I really didn\'t like was the thrid period coaching. The 4th line of Dawes-Ward-Hossa was actually playing quite well and they basically got benched for the period in favor of the first lines and Prucha got benched for "lack of production", I don\'t see Straka doin much more! How long is 37-yr-old Shanahan gonna last playin over 20 minutes a night? Roszival and Malik did nothing to warrant that kind of icetime either. Jason Ward and Shanahan are my favorite players right now, if their work ethic can rub off on the rest of the team they can be great.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Hockey?
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 02:52:43 pm »
Quote from: Powerslave;123110
How long is 37-yr-old Shanahan gonna last playin over 20 minutes a night?

I agree.  They are going to burn him out.....and its only the beginning of the season!!!   More guys need to step up.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Hockey?
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 06:38:27 pm »
I\'m boycotting hockey until a)the Bruins stop trading away their talent; ta ta Patrice, nice knowin ya, or b) the Penguins and the future of the NHL (Crosby and russian kid) pack up and move to Hartford.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Hockey?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 07:13:12 pm »
Senators in 6. Dany Heatly wins the Conn Smythe and dedicates his immaculate play in the playoffs to whoever that guy was he killed with his ferrari when he was still with Atlanta. You can quote me on this, makes for a great feel good story about how much he has faced since the accident and how he has matured, blah, blah.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Hockey?
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 10:55:54 pm »
Ducks win the first game and what a game it was!
I don\'t watch Hockey until the playoffs usually and this year I actually have a decent reason to watch the Finals.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Hockey?
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:56 am »
yea, hockey still blows as dave put it, but hockey is shown on vs, and in another month and a half, the tour de france will be shown on the same channel, so hockey, you\'re alright in my book simply by association with a real sport like cycling.

oh, and bring back the whale. :biggrin:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Hockey?
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:05 am »
Paul -
Since when is cycling a real sport and hockey not?  I personally don\'t watch cycling because to me it\'s boring to watch on TV, but does it make it any less of a sport?  But I\'m interested to know why hockey is not a real sport.  I guess that you can compare the two sports by saying that you cannot fully appreciate it unless you\'ve actually taken part in a game/race

If we\'re going to attack a sport, let\'s join forces and attack curling (a bunch people playing shuffle board with an oversized stone on ice) or GOLF!

And don\'t expect the whale to come back - the Hartford Failures did nothing when they were in CT, but have succeeding as the Hurricanes.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Hockey?
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 11:52:14 am »
I know, I actually don\'t mind watching hockey games although like most sports I\'d rather go to a game than watch it on tv.

Cycling is all about the endurance. 30 days of endurance, non stop, 6-8 hours a day going as fast as you can while going up and down mountains, sometimes as many as 5 in one day. Personally, there is no sport out there that can compair itself to what those guys put themselves through.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke