Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 48815 times)

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »
i got nothin but love for P.P.
the man holds it down and throws it down when shit goes it down.
backbone of the team.
ray allen in game 7 last year is the epitome of a train wreck. meanwhile, my boy PP was killin it.

that said i havent watched a single game this year.
but Pierce is my boy
caress me, aunt jemima

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;265741
talk about a serious fair weather fan who really has no idea what she are is talking about at all

I am def not a fair weather fan.   And I do know what I am talking about.  i can back my ideas with stats. I probably know more about the NBA/NCAA (going all the way back since 1984) than your little finger.  When it comes to basketball, I am queen.   In my opinion (and its a fact if you clearly open your eyes), Paul Pierce has a tendency of making poor plays.  That\'s all I am saying. I have every right not to love every single Celtic.   I am sure even Leith has a Laker he doesn\'t really care for.

Quote from: Lexington;265744
ray allen in game 7 last year is the epitome of a train wreck. meanwhile, my boy PP was killin it.

that said i havent watched a single game this year.
but Pierce is my boy

Did we watch the same Game 7?  They both choked for the team.  The entire team collapsed without a center.

And BTW, I\'ve only missed  4 games all season...

I will also add I think it takes a real fan, one who watches almost every game, to admit the faults of a "star" player.  Blindly saying Pierce is the best player on the Celtics shows how little any of you have really watched the Celtics this season...

Quote from: Gfunk;265739
:lol:

;)

ha! ;)

pretty close... I definitely feel like my express would be derailed and fall off the edge of a cliff.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:11:26 pm by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 05:36:06 pm »
a tendency of making poor plays?  you can\'t even quantify that.  he\'s the one player who can shoot from the outside, drive to the basket, draw a foul when needed and defend the other teams top player.  ray allen is a great shooter, but his inside game is not on par with pierce\'s, and allen has shown a proclivity towards shutting down for days sometimes weeks on end.

Ray Allen
07-08 playoffs  15.8 ppg  2.7 apg  3.8 rpg
08-09 playoffs  18.3 ppg  2.6 apg  3.9 rpg
09-10 playoffs  16.1 ppg  2.6 apg  3.3 rpg

Paul Pierce
07-08 playoffs  19.8 ppg  4.6 apg  5.0 rpg
08-09 playoffs  21.0 ppg  3.1 apg  5.8 rpg
09-10 playoffs  18.8 ppg  3.4 apg  6.0 rpg

but I guess if all you do is spot up at the 3 point line and shoot the ball you\'re less likely to "make poor plays."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2011, 06:32:20 pm »
you celts fans need to get real. kg is your mvp
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;265750

rondo is our mvp.  KG is valuable as it gets though, his defense and rebounding is a necessary part to the celtics success.  he was huge in 08, 09 was the year of his injury and we still made it to game 7 of the eastern conference finals.  last year he came back, but was still not 100% and this year he if finally getting back to his former self.  when he is at his best, yeah, i\'d have no problem saying he is the best player on the celts, unfortunately, that hasn\'t been often enough in the past 4 season.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:49 pm »
lol at ranking glen davis before paul pierce.

can we talk about von wafer?  i love it when the announcer says his name after he scores.  i also love his real name...vakeaton quamar wafer.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2011, 09:24:57 pm »
i love me some von wafer.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2011, 10:26:12 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;265749
a tendency of making poor plays?  you can\'t even quantify that.  he\'s the one player who can shoot from the outside, drive to the basket, draw a foul when needed and defend the other teams top player.  ray allen is a great shooter, but his inside game is not on par with pierce\'s, and allen has shown a proclivity towards shutting down for days sometimes weeks on end.

Ray Allen
07-08 playoffs  15.8 ppg  2.7 apg  3.8 rpg
08-09 playoffs  18.3 ppg  2.6 apg  3.9 rpg
09-10 playoffs  16.1 ppg  2.6 apg  3.3 rpg

Paul Pierce
07-08 playoffs  19.8 ppg  4.6 apg  5.0 rpg
08-09 playoffs  21.0 ppg  3.1 apg  5.8 rpg
09-10 playoffs  18.8 ppg  3.4 apg  6.0 rpg

but I guess if all you do is spot up at the 3 point line and shoot the ball you\'re less likely to "make poor plays."

First off, You had to pull playoff stats to prove your point.  What about regular season??  

But Notice my #1 on my list was Rondo.  Not Ray.    When Rondo (Being the Point Guard), controls the plays...they happen.  When Pierce rebounds, and charges down to the other end of the court in a one man save the day show, it doesn\'t happen.  I credit any plays Paul does complete to Rondo assisting.   Pull those stats up.   Cause that\'s the truth.

Quote from: Igziabeher;265751
Quote from: zuke583;265750

rondo is our mvp.

Exactly.

Quote from: estahwhaddup;265754
lol at ranking glen davis before paul pierce.

Hey, Big Baby has been key these last two seasons.  He has saved the team\'s ass by coming through in the clutch off the bench, starting when there WAS NO ONE to start etc.  He can play center, forward, hell he probably could play guard and probably has.   And he leads the league in taking offensive fouls.

And screw Von Wafer off the bench as guard.  Harangody as center all the way.  He was playing with heart vs the Nets last night.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:27:08 pm by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2011, 11:51:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7fAW6Qz23M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpciBEpV3E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKfY-tvDv9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCrDZLR8DY

you credit any play paul makes to rondo?

your head is so far up your ass.  i know you love ray ray and since he\'s a uconn boy thats the only reason you like the celtics, but paul pierce has been doing his thing for a long time now and has never needed a rajon rondo to do it.  i\'m sure you were probably a nets fan at the time, who knows maybe you switched to the sixers for those years, but aside from the one 22 win season where he was injured most the year, he\'s had a long and successful career in boston.

paulpy has his faults, but when the pressure builds, he\'s the man to go to.  rondo is great, but he\'s still got a lot to learn.  for one he looks for the pass too often especially when the defense slacks off of him.  he has very little confidence in his jumpshot and has made his share of turnovers trying to make a play where one doesn\'t exist.

paul consistently has to play against the other team\'s best defender and is great at drawing fouls as well as making plays by getting the ball to the open man when he draws a double team.  his speed is down but he has tremendous explosion and knows how to get around a defender and to the basket.  just give the fucking guy credit where its due.  you act like he raped one of your friends or something.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:51:44 pm by Igziabeher »

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2011, 12:26:10 am »
Haha best thread on dot info. Or worst, I can\'t tell
caress me, aunt jemima

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:43 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;265759
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7fAW6Qz23M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpciBEpV3E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKfY-tvDv9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCrDZLR8DY

you credit any play paul makes to rondo?

your head is so far up your ass.  i know you love ray ray and since he\'s a uconn boy thats the only reason you like the celtics, but paul pierce has been doing his thing for a long time now and has never needed a rajon rondo to do it.  i\'m sure you were probably a nets fan at the time, who knows maybe you switched to the sixers for those years, but aside from the one 22 win season where he was injured most the year, he\'s had a long and successful career in boston.

I have stated a million times before that I was a knicks fan my entire life until I ceremoniously began following what was to be the "new" celtics.  "the big three".   which in all honesty is the "big four".  the knicks are the only time i\'ve ever given up on a team because well, the 80s and 90s watching them were rough on me....I gave them my all and it came time to chose a new route.  Yes, Ray brought me to the celtics.  I\'ve been a devout UCONN fan long before Scott Burrell sent a pass across court to Tate George.  I have loyalties there.  Maybe something you non-CT people don\'t get.  And Ray, while I should have been doing Algebra homework in high school, was always my favorite.  

Saying Pierce never needed Rajon Rondo? Now that\'s YOUR head far up your ass.   Excuse me, he needed Ray, KG, and Rondo to win a title.  I didn\'t see any banners being brought up before they came along.   If he was such an amazing player, he would have got it done himself.  I am not saying he isn\'t a good player.  he is.  But he needs a supporting cast. Its obvious.   Since I\'ve been a NBA fan all my life (not just a knicks or a celtics fan...an actual basketball fan), I can look and see this.  I love the sport.   I can look at the team I love and see their faults. I can dissect the good and the bad.  I love basketball.  Even though I hate Lebron and Kobe, I can admit the awesomeness of their skills because I love the effin sport. That\'s a fan of basketball.  You may just be a Celtic drone that can\'t see outside the box and just spews how awesome your team is...and apparently your favorite player.

I can tell you...while my Knicks were chasing dreams and John Starks was bricking baskets, the Celtics were doing shit in the 90s.  The "Big Three" rejuvenated that franchise in 2007...not Pierce.  When it was Paul Pierce alone, it was dying.  If you are a true fan, you need to get down on your knees and bow to the altar of KG, Ray, and Rondo too.   Because without them, you\'d have no reason to even THINK that the c\'s could even win a title THIS YEAR.  Because without them, it would he hopeless.  Pierce can\'t do it alone.  But they can do it together.  And they will. THE END.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:45:32 am by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2011, 11:34:20 am »
stick to excessive amounts of make up and self portraits at 70 degree angles, things you seem to excel at.

you think you have some amazing foresight to see a teams faults.  AMAZING.  you should be clarivoyant.  nobody said he could do it alone, i just said he had a successful career before they came.  and he had, you don\'t need to be a champion to be good at what you do.  as much as pierce needed KG and Ray Allen, neither of them were doing shit on their respective teams.  Pierce could\'ve packed up his bags long ago and pulled a Lebron James and go wherever he wanted, but he stuck it out and gave Boston everything he had.  Without Pierce, Ray Allen wouldn\'t have wanted to come to Boston and neither would have Garnett.  You sit there and say \'well I don\'t like him that much", well guess what every actual Boston Celtics fan respects what he has done here and realizes they wouldn\'t be where they are today without him.  done talking down to your level.  its hurting my brain.

your arguments have been as contradictory as your distaste for socialized healthcare.

you attribute every point paul pierce scores to rondo.

i show you a handful of game-winning scores where rondo was a non factor and remind you he\'s been scoring many points for many years in a green uniform.

you say he never won a championship without KG and Allen in said green uniform.

i remind you he\'s consistently been our top player in the playoffs the past 3 years and even won the finals mvp.

you say don\'t bring up the playoffs and stick to the regular season.

oy vey.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:34:20 am by Igziabeher »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:44 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;265784
stick to excessive amounts of make up and self portraits at 70 degree angles, things you seem to excel at.

you can never ever have a clean debate.
no matter who it is with (leith, me, anyone).
As soon as you think you\'ve lost, its some sort of insult.
Its like you have to take personal shots at the individual. I can\'t stand that.
The mark of a great debater is sticking to the issues and avoiding personal attacks.

So am done debating you.

BTW, It\'s pretty sexist to attack my looks.  
Can\'t stand that a girl was getting the best of you in a sports forum, eh?

Nice.

Done sinking to your level.

Something to actually debate... Howard a Celtic in 2012???

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/02/could-boston-have-d-12-in-2012.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:29:44 pm by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »
my apologies, i get frustrated with ignorant people.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »
igzy youre the man.  P.P. for prez !!
*Gia*