Author Topic: Umphrey\'s McGee merchandise stolen!  (Read 4765 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Umphrey\'s McGee merchandise stolen!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 11:15:24 am »
two* not too
Masturbation in the MFA

penny lane

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 09:19:46 pm »
FYI, I recovered those stickers last night at the Brandyhouse.  Apparently the guy who had them was a big Breakfast fan.  

Show last night had some really rockin\' moments.  Good times all around.

Holly

john_the_sloth

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 11:46:53 pm »
i just read that on the bort holly, what great news!! what a jerk, he\'s lucky that you got to him first, and were so understanding, or else he\'d have a pitchfork down his throat and his eyes gauged out with an icepick. i hate thieves....and where in the hell does he get off by putting the blame on pony. what an ignoramus.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 12:40:24 pm »
Originally posted by penny lane
Beware however, as many times newcomers are turned off by the brutal honesty and searing sarcasm of the UM crowd.  Just remember, everything is a joke over there and NOTHING is sacred.

Weird that I feel the need to preface your use of a message board...back to my usual Wednesday night antics.

Holly

I\'m more worried about the Umphreaks running scared after we show up at the Bort!  I\'d hate to ruin their board.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 01:04:08 pm »
john,go easy.remember she said the guy was a big breakfast fan?cut him some slack.hopefully it was an accident...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 02:04:23 pm »
how did u get them??..was he walkin around trying to sell them? or just an idiot?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 02:06:16 pm »
How does someone accidentally take a case of stickers ? Unless it was PB merchman or someone else on the bill
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

john_the_sloth

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 02:57:27 pm »
Originally posted by kindm\'s
How does someone accidentally take a case of stickers ? Unless it was PB merchman or someone else on the bill

werdizzle.

penny lane

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 05:40:07 pm »
I doubt you guys know this kid, he\'s in high school down here.  I had suspected it was him, and a friend of mine confirmed it (he said a friend of his\' brother\'s friend had been given a sticker by the kid and apprarently the kid claimed that I gave him the box (this of course, was total BS).  So I saw him at the show on Friday and confronted him and he tried to tell me the bass player (Pony) gave him the stickers.  I told him it didn\'t matter (because i knew that no one in the band had given them to him) that the band had already filed a police report, and that if he didn\'t give them to me that night that he would have cops on his doorstep in the morning.

So I followed him in my car out to his house where he happily turned them over and was very apologetic.  I\'m guessing he figured he\'d never get caught, and when he realized it was felony charge, he quickly figured out it would be best to pretend it was all a misunderstanding and give them back.

Regardless, it has no effect on my perception of Breakfast fans, as I think he\'s probably one bad apple in a bundle of beautiful people.

As for you Wolfman, ruining the Bort, I don\'t know quite where you\'re coming from or what you mean.  Thanks to all for their kind words and help!

Holly

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 06:00:03 pm »
a friend of mine confirmed it (he said a friend of his\' brother\'s friend had been given a sticker by the kid and apprarently the kid claimed that I gave him the box

Whoa! :shock2:

Seriously though glad you got the stickers back Holly! Sorry you had to deal with that!

Aww Seth the Breakfast fans would never wreck a forum; we\'d breathe new life into it! :bounce7:
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 09:00:11 pm »
As for you Wolfman, ruining the Bort, I don\'t know quite where you\'re coming from or what you mean.  Thanks to all for their kind words and help!

Holly

Hey Holly!  What I meant is that this forum is just as sarcastic and ball-busting as any other could possibly be, so much so that I\'d worry about the Bort being shaken to its very roots if everyone here went over there and continued the usual antics!  See, it\'s already working.  Come on, what did you really think, that I meant we\'re gonna go over there and use all the good old AOL bots to flood the forum with posts about how great PB is?