Author Topic: First Time Played?  (Read 1766 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
First Time Played?
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:15:16 pm »
While bored and randomly cruising through old setlists, I noticed the following.

June 16th, 2001 - JMAC\'s Gathering - Belgrade Lakes, ME

I: See the Light > The Vermont Song > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Puppetry, Help On the Way > Slipknot! > May Fly Disarray, Wake Up In a Coma > Let\'s Make the Water Turn Black > Harry, Your\'re a Beast > Orange County Lumber Truck > Oh No > Son of Orange County* > Frankly Po Zest, Rufus > The Chase, Gladys Pimp & Kangaroo\'s With Me > Lit > Packard Goose > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Peace Frog > Sundance
* Inca Roads Tease

But...

February 15th, 2003 - Pearl Street; Northampton, MA

I: Puppetry, Hard Luck Harry > The Vermont Song, Good Times Bad Times > Frankly Po Zest > Beef Barley > Frankly Po Zest, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Score

E: Packard Goose*, LDZ > Lit, Rockin\' In The Free World

* Frank Zappa cover; first time played.

Anybody?  Anybody?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
First Time Played?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 07:12:48 pm »
i was absolutely at both of these shows,while not remembering the packard goose from jmacs..i do,howeve,have the pearl street show on disc.ill hook you up..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
ahhhh
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 07:29:35 pm »

What a show.  I remember that one as well...  we rolled in at around noon & waited for PB to take the stage.... at 1am!  When they left the stage at around 5am, even though we had tents set up, we made an executive descision that the best thing to do would be to drive back to Staven.... probably not the smartest choice in the world, but we made it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 07:33:00 pm by Marcial »
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
First Time Played?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 08:11:05 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
i was absolutely at both of these shows,while not remembering the packard goose from jmacs..i do,howeve,have the pearl street show on disc.ill hook you up..

I\'ve got the Pearl Street 02/15 show... I\'m just wondering about the *first time played on "Packard Goose" if they had already played it at JMACs.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
First Time Played?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 08:43:04 pm »
i guess jmacs maybe didnt really count because it was more of a party,as opposed to a regular show.i know the sundance that night/morning was at around 530 am.....those were the days.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
First Time Played?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 10:02:36 pm »
Drew, I\'ve noticed a lot of archival errors in the set list database such as said data error.  For instance back in  the 98-99 section the band played Aja at a number of shows, yet it was distinctly said to havedebuted last year at a show, don\'t remember which one exactly but it\'s there...

I think you and I should start our own PB almanac and take care of these discrepencies for good!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
First Time Played?
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 04:38:06 am »
this problem goes back to anything pre-vallo basically. Before Matt started taping heavily (99-ish), the only ones writting up setlists were tim, dave and myself. Given that me and dave didnt hit every show, and often found ourselves without a pen let alone a DAT recorder, much confusion arose. When I first started seeing shows, i didnt know the names of alot of songs, but regardless i started keeping setlist and I would verify with tim, who often couldnt remember everything they had just played. He would just post the setlist the band wrote up preshow to play, knowing that they had varried from it, but having no memory of what actually was played.

it wasnt untill that point summer 99-ish where almost every single show was recorded that the setlists started to become accurate
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
First Time Played?
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 10:17:31 am »
So what you\'re saying is that we can blame you? :)

tiedyetoga

First Time Played?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 10:36:43 am »
Originally posted by Joe
Drew, I\'ve noticed a lot of archival errors in the set list database such as said data error.  For instance back in  the 98-99 section the band played Aja at a number of shows, yet it was distinctly said to havedebuted last year at a show, don\'t remember which one exactly but it\'s there...

I think you and I should start our own PB almanac and take care of these discrepencies for good!!!

The new site will have an up to searchable database for the setlists.. Anyone want to help out with corrections? Cough.... Dave.... Cough..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
First Time Played?
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 05:16:12 am »
gray, I\'m actually building something like this, but much more in-depth. we should talk.

As far as songs first time played, a song may appear in a setlist, but not have been fully played / learned by the band yet.It may have been more of a jam that was labled inccorrectly. However, unless a tape of the show exsists, its only speculation at this late stage...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke