Author Topic: more dvd\'s available from zappa  (Read 1331 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
more dvd\'s available from zappa
« on: January 30, 2004, 09:18:15 am »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000E2W05/ref=pd_ir_brgn_tb/104-5372722-7646318

amazon is now listing that you can buy
Does Humor Belong in Music?

Go buy this album! this is mostly live footage from the 1984 touring band, but it shows that zappa family trust is making the move to re-release the archives. 200 motels is ever so much closer....

track listing:
Zoot Allures
Tinsel Town Rebellion
Trouble Every Day
Hot Plate Heaven at the Green Hotel
The Dangerous Kitchen
He\'s So Gay
Bobby Brown
Keep It Greasy
Honey Don\'t You Want a Man Like Me?
Dinah-Moe Humm
Cosmik Debris
Be in My Video
Dancin\' Fool
Whippin\' Post
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 09:45:06 am »
For longtime fans and un-Zapped neophytes alike, Does Humor Belong in Music? presents the late, great Frank Zappa at his mischievous best. Unlike the infamously rambling Baby Snakes, this hour-long, digitally remastered 14-song set (culled from FZ\'s performance at the Pier in New York City on August 26, 1984) is 95% music, punctuated with brief interview clips (including the inane titular question, and Frank\'s expectedly affirmative response), and featuring one of the tightest bands that Zappa ever assembled. Everybody participates in Zappa\'s unique parade of musical fusion, street theater, and defiant anti-establishment sarcasm, with Zappa playing masterful conductor when he\'s not riffing with nimble-fingered fretwork (notably during "Zoot Allures," "Cosmik Debris," and Greg Allman\'s "Whipping Post," the set\'s only cover song). His trademark humor extends to all of his bandmates, especially Ray White and Ike Willis (guitars, vocals) and Bobby Martin (keyboards, vocals), and any topic is fair game for Zappa\'s skewering, frequently explicit lyrics, from pop-culture sellouts and corrupt recording executives ("Tinsel Town Rebellion") to greedy politicians ("Hot Plate Heaven at the Green Hotel"). Each song is performed to perfection while espousing FZ\'s impassioned philosophy of taking nothing seriously except the music. In that regard, this Zappa Live DVD represents pure genius at work, having fun and taking no prisoners. --Jeff Shannon

bluefunknebula

• F th cops n censorship 2
    • http://www.myspace.com/amplifier_worship
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 02:34:08 pm »
i can\'t wait for the Roxy Performances dvd to come out...3 complete shows...4 hours of zappa\'s best line up IMO. hopefully we won\'t have to wait too long.
i saw dweezil with girlfriend lisa loeb (who have a show on food tv) on the greg killborne show the other night and they briefly spoke about babysnakes finally being released on dvd.
it just blows my mind that virtually every zappa performance is sitting in the vault and most likely will never be released. don\'t understand why there\'s not a "dick\'s picks" type program for all of that material.