Author Topic: Musicians brains  (Read 2626 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Musicians brains
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269575
then don\'t.  i try not to see bands that preach to me(michael franti) or listen to the rest that do(u2), the only political thing i heard tim palmieri say during a show is a phatty boom batty intro, which i don\'t mind since some of them can be good.

Then you haven\'t been paying attention. I have several recordings where Tim goes off on the status of America or war etc

and artists tend to have things to say about any number of things. That is what makes them Artists.

As Willie Nelson sings "You can\'t make a record if you ain\'t got nuthin\' to say"
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Musicians brains
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 06:42:45 pm »
Frank Zappa as well.
♥♫∞

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Musicians brains
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 07:44:05 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269571
"Musicians also exhibited higher levels of moral reasoning and had more frequent “peak experiences”– intense moments of happiness and feelings of transcending limitations."

I\'d take that over sound economic theory.

lol, since we\'re tossing up articles to prove/disprove a few basic opinions... Here\'s one that\'ll help EVERYONE, not just musicians, use their brains better (you can thank me later!) :D http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/08/03
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Musicians brains
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;269585
Quote from: Igziabeher;269575
then don\'t.  i try not to see bands that preach to me(michael franti) or listen to the rest that do(u2), the only political thing i heard tim palmieri say during a show is a phatty boom batty intro, which i don\'t mind since some of them can be good.

Then you haven\'t been paying attention. I have several recordings where Tim goes off on the status of America or war etc

and artists tend to have things to say about any number of things. That is what makes them Artists.

As Willie Nelson sings "You can\'t make a record if you ain\'t got nuthin\' to say"

yep. Mr Palmieri is a pretty activist minded guy. Hear it on stage every once in a while. As far as I care he can say whatever he wants.. because he\'s right about most things. And by "right", of course, that means, I probably agree with him. There may be other definitions of "right".
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Musicians brains
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »
Let the guitar do the talking!

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
Musicians brains
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

In my opinion artists want their work and ideas to be heard and appreciated. I mean playing music by yourself is very gratifying, but out of all the times I do that I would really like at least one other person to be there listening and telling me what they think.

Same argument with what makes a good author, some people say that authors who try to put their view on how things should be in the world in their work aren\'t considered the best. I tend to disagree, with writing and playing music being my 2 favorite things I know that if I decide to write a song it\'s going to be based on something I feel passionate about, hoping that other people can relate to me or possibly learn something