Author Topic: Help! Please...  (Read 573 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Help! Please...
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:41 pm »
I\'ve got 2 videos that I captured from the NYE show from the front row... 1: Auld Lang Syne and 2: Adrian\'s solo from Epi 1.  Now, I\'m not so proficient at all of this stuff but I\'m trying to learn. I followed all the instructions on YouTube for uploading them but it was taking for-ev-er... So, I ended up just cancelling it out.  I believe they are just .avi files so I\'m not sure exactly what it is that I might be doing wrong.  Anyways... if anyone can give me some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.  There\'s only so much enjoyment that I\'m gonna get out of these videos so I wanted to share them.
Where to next?

davepeck

• Administrator
Help! Please...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:00:21 pm »
don - how big are the videos? uploading is a slow process. much slower than downloading. best thing i can tell you is if they are under 1gb, just queue them up in the youtube uploader and let them go overnight.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Help! Please...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:00:22 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;215672
I\'ve got 2 videos that I captured from the NYE show from the front row... 1: Auld Lang Syne and 2: Adrian\'s solo from Epi 1.  Now, I\'m not so proficient at all of this stuff but I\'m trying to learn. I followed all the instructions on YouTube for uploading them but it was taking for-ev-er... So, I ended up just cancelling it out.  I believe they are just .avi files so I\'m not sure exactly what it is that I might be doing wrong.  Anyways... if anyone can give me some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.  There\'s only so much enjoyment that I\'m gonna get out of these videos so I wanted to share them.

Depending on the size of these files the "taking forever" might actually be correct.

How large are the files and what type of internet connection do you have ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Help! Please...
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:00:52 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;215673
don - how big are the videos? uploading is a slow process. much slower than downloading. best thing i can tell you is if they are under 1gb, just queue them up in the youtube uploader and let them go overnight.

Holy simul-post batman !
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Help! Please...
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 02:15:24 pm »
One of them is 354mb, and the other is 149.  I\'ll try queing them up tonight before I go to bed and see what happens over night.  I didn\'t realize that it took that long! Thanks for the help guys!
Where to next?