Author Topic: If you doubt the jambands top 250??  (Read 567 times)

psychjosh

If you doubt the jambands top 250??
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:24:54 am »
I\'d ask everyone to look at the jambands poll in any given month. I know it\'s a bullshit thing but it s something to think about. It really is a "snapshot" of the scene in general.
I think that you\'ll find many of the bands in the top 15-20 on many shows and festival billings.

Are there exceptions? yes.. bigger bands with already well established and large fanbases around the country.

I\'m talking about the Grace Potters, TLG, raq, umelt even lesser known acts like Boris Garcia etc...

I think the goal should be top 5 - 10 for Breakfast. Will is gaurantee bookings? NO
Will force feed the band on public and media and keep them "in yo face" and make promoters take another look? Undeniably yes!

just a thought.. do what you will with it.
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:00:36 am »
Totally agree. No matter what people think about Jambands.com and Jambase, they are the de facto leaders in Jam Band "news" and the main place for the bands in this scene to get exposure. Those little blurbs when people sit in with each other are there for a reason.
If you get favored by a staff member from one of these sites, good things can happen. If you are consistently in their news blurbs they are bound to pay more attention thus give more exposure.

JOSH PLEASE COME BACK TO MANAGE THESE GOOFBALLS!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:01:32 pm »
Quote from: leith;180081
JOSH PLEASE COME BACK TO MANAGE THESE GOOFBALLS!!!!!!!!

:that:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]