Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen - 5/7/08 Count Basie Theatre Benefit Concert - Setlist  (Read 1005 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I know that most people on the board are Bruce haters, but I know that there are a few that are fans.  And I post this setlist because it\'s quite unique for Bruce.  He performed the entire Darkness on The Edge of Town and Born To Run albums in sequence before performing some rare and fan-favorite encores.  I wanted to go to this show, but tickets started at $1,000 for this benefit show.

May 7, 2008
Red Bank, New Jersey
Count Basie Theatre

Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Badlands
Adam Raised A Cain
Something In The Night
Candy\'s Room
Racing In The Street
The Promised Land
Factory [Tour Premiere]
Streets Of Fire
Prove It All Night
Darkness On the Edge Of Town

Born To Run
Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She\'s The One
Meeting Across The River
Jungleland

So Young and In Love
Kitty\'s Back
Rosalita
Raise Your Hand [Tour Premiere]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:05:31 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
don\'t know the darkness album that well but it looks pretty cool. I wonder if anyone stealthed this or if it will be released as a live album?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I\'m sure that it will show up later today.  I actually found a source that has pretty much anything you could ever want from his days with The Castilles, Child, Steel Mill, The Bruce Springsteen Band and everything else under the sun.  If I find it, I\'ll send you the link.  It\'s definitely worth a listen.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
he played born to run twice?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The bold letters are the album titles.  As both Darkness and BTR are bolded.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
oic, i didn\'t noticed the boldness due to the autolink.  nevermind.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Anyone interested in hearing this show can find the link at the bottom of this page.

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=92297

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
can anybody hit me with a copy or B&P of this?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
check your PM

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
My mom was there. She\'s a huge Bruce fan. It was billed as a Bruce solo show originally to raise money to renovate the theater. The whole band showing up was a surprise, and she said the place was going apeshit. Good times!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Bruce Springsteen - 5/7/08 Count Basie Theatre Benefit Concert - Setlist
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 06:56:39 pm »
It was originally billed as a solo, but Patty let the cat out of the bad that the whole band would be there at least a couple weeks before the show.  I would have loved to go, but $1,000 a seat is a bit much for a show.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
Bruce Springsteen - 5/7/08 Count Basie Theatre Benefit Concert - Setlist
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 07:23:36 pm »
The older I get the more I appreciate and understand Springsteen.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.