Author Topic: THE SOPRANOS SEASON 6 Thread  (Read 36082 times)

RadicalRich1138

THE SOPRANOS SEASON 6 Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 09:51:23 am »
chris is also the man!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:35 am »
Chris is gona get in alot of trouble when Tony is alittle more "awake", it amazes me how inconsiderate everyne has been with their timing, Sil\'s being pulled into an ambulance and Bobby is trying to talk business with him, while parked in front of the ambulance :doh: everthing is falling down around us here
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 10:15:21 am »
I don\'t think that was heaven Buscemi wanted him to enter.  I think Tony seeing his mother pass by the door way might have made him realize that the house might be hell.  After all, from what we\'ve seen of them why would you believe Livia, and Tony B. (yeah I know he wasn\'t officially Tony B.) would wind up in heaven?  I also noticed that these are two family members he tried to do right by, but caused him alot of grief.  
I think heaven was the convention/meeting he tried to get into, but was deined access in the first purgatory episode.  I think the General (authority figure) he wanted to try to talk to may have represented God or more likely St. Peter.
The whole I.D. confusion, is that Tony never really considered himself a bad guy, so he balks at being confronted for Finnirty\'s(his) sins.  He has one last chance to confess and repent with the Monk situation, but he refuses to acknowledge his wrong doings, thus he\'s sent to Hell just like every other Soprano (family reunion).
I think the I.D. confusion also represents that many of his evils are generated from the family he was born into.  Carmela laments her own children\'s fate with Dr. Melfi, and nature vs. nuture is a recurring Melfi theme.  We see who he would be if born into another life.  What is so important about the Monks, is they represent not only the innocent he has harmed in life and often turned a blind eye to, but people he hurt as Finnirty. Essentially the sins he committed that his upbringing can not be held accountable for.
So much more that just a "mob" show.

Thanks to Freddiewaht for the Alzheimers=Eternal damnation theory.  I didn\'t get that one at all, but I think you\'re right.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 10:22:18 am »
wow it\'s too early in the morning, for me to analyze anything that deeply
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 10:26:30 am »
some great discussion here, i know i\'m in the minority, but i wish the lynch-esque dream kept going!

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2006, 10:59:38 am »
I definatly was diggging on the "dream" sequences, but they took it as far as they could I think.  I remember looking at the clock @ about ten of and was thinking god are they gonna drag this out into another episode, I\'m ready to get back to business

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2006, 11:42:24 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
I don\'t think they showed it, but the beacon in the distance was surely coming from the Finnerty Reunion.  They both represent heaven.

exactly what i was just gonna post. tony even asked "what is that anyways?" when he was getting directions to the reunion. tony had his eye on it since the last episode.

also, tony b wasn\'t *in* heaven. he was outside, trying to get tony to go in. which is why i think his role was "Death".

"my entire life was in that briefcase."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:45:20 am by davepeck »

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2006, 11:50:19 am »
Quote from: davepeck
Quote from: Wolfman
I don\'t think they showed it, but the beacon in the distance was surely coming from the Finnerty Reunion.  They both represent heaven.

exactly what i was just gonna post. tony even asked "what is that anyways?" when he was getting directions to the reunion. tony had his eye on it since the last episode.

Hmmm...Mr. Coyote makes a compelling case for the reunion actually being hell.  I\'m not read up enough on Dante or The Bible to make direct comparisons so I\'m pretty much working on my own devices here.  I\'m pretty certain the reunion was heaven, at least for Finnerty.  Just because Finnerty was getting in doesn\'t mean Tony Soprano would.  Like Coyote said, the whole dream may just represent what Tony could have been in another life path.  And Finnerty choosing not to go into the reunion (Heaven) may represent Tony Soprano choosing not to go down the good path in reality.

"My entire life was in that briefcase" = very Pulp Fiction esque.  Are Tony Soprano and Marcellus Wallace THE SAME PERSON?!?!?!?!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:53:27 am by Wolfman »

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2006, 12:03:07 pm »
I dont know it seemed to "bright" and white to be hell, I\'d say heaven or Tony\'s version there of. I like the Pulp Fiction comparison Wolf.

although I couldn\'t tell who was standing in the door waitning for him ot come in, it might of been his mother in which case it\'s hard to say it\'s heaven
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:04:42 pm by Me! »

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2006, 01:23:25 pm »
Alright, I\'ll buy DavePecks\'s point that most likely Buscemi is the Angel of Death.  It\'s kind of a scary thought that someone from your life with good reason to hate you will be your angel of death.  (Unless it\'s Steve Buscemi for everyone, which is pretty scary in it\'s own right).  Other than the undeserving souls present, two other questions to why it might not be heaven:
1. If Tony still gets into heaven, is my take on the Monks way off?  Especially that on who states "then we will have to proceed" when Tony refuses to attone for their grievance.

2. Of course the reunion looks nice on the outside! How would they get anyone in if it were all fire and brimstone out there?  (It\'s like the strip club that makes you pay the cover before you can see the girls inside are old nasty) Tony is suspicous as well, he tries to see what\'s inside but can\'t.  Also Angel of Death/Tony B. is giving him the hard sell on that briefcase.  Any time someone tries to rush your decesion process, and discourages you thinking things over, they don\'t have your best interest in mind.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2006, 01:31:11 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote
Alright, I\'ll buy DavePecks\'s point that most likely Buscemi is the Angel of Death.  It\'s kind of a scary thought that someone from your life with good reason to hate you will be your angel of death.  (Unless it\'s Steve Buscemi for everyone, which is pretty scary in it\'s own right).  
:lol: I think even after all that happened between them, there was an understanding between them. Even though it was only for a second, I though you could see it on his face when Tony shot him.  And really Tony saved him from a much worse fate....

Quote from: wildcoyote
Other than the undeserving souls present, two other questions to why it might not be heaven:
1. If Tony still gets into heaven, is my take on the Monks way off?  Especially that on who states "then we will have to proceed" when Tony refuses to attone for their grievance.

2. Of course the reunion looks nice on the outside! How would they get anyone in if it were all fire and brimstone out there?  (It\'s like the strip club that makes you pay the cover before you can see the girls inside are old nasty) Tony is suspicous as well, he tries to see what\'s inside but can\'t.  Also Angel of Death/Tony B. is giving him the hard sell on that briefcase.  Any time someone tries to rush your decesion process, and discourages you thinking things over, they don\'t have your best interest in mind.
valid very good point.......

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »
tony\'s mom = in hell!  but was it her?

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 03:01:52 pm »
I\'m going to throw my .02 in here & say that I didn\'t consider (until reading what everyone else wrote) this "reunion" to be heaven OR hell, but simply, the other side. I just keep thinking of Tony hearing Meadow\'s voice calling to him, kind of bringing back to the land of the living.

I thought bringing Tony B. back, with him trying to get the briefcase, was a fantastical way to bring all these dreams to a close & pull it all together. And my take on the woman turning around in the doorway was that it was Tony\'s mother.

Vito needs to get whacked pronto. Syl rocks. Chris is going to get himself into a whole heap of trouble. And I love how Paulie\'s talking to Tony & in Tony\'s dream he\'s banging on the wall telling the guy to shut up.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 11:05:58 pm »
I have thought about this all day and I have reached a final, definite, and indisputable conclusion...

Marcellus Wallace and Tony Soprano are definitely the exact same person.  Furthermore, it was actually James Gandolfini who played Marcellus.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 11:34:08 pm »
:wah: You\'re absolutely right wolf, i cant believe i never noticed before.

on a side note, i\'m still pissed i missed lastnights epi
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice