Author Topic: 2010 Shows  (Read 1123 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
2010 Shows
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:06 am »
Disclaimer - this is not a critique of scheduling or location, rather a summary of The Breakfast shows so far in 2010...

Jan-Jul 2010 = 22 shows

Avg. shows per month = just over 3

Shows by state = New York / 9 shows / 40.9% (NYC / 2 shows / 9.1%) ; Connecticut / 4 shows / 18.2% ; New Hampshire / 4 shows / 18.2% ; Mass / 3 shows / 13.6% ; Rhode Island / 1 show / 4.5% ; Pennsylvania / 1 show / 4.5%

Jan-Jul 2009 = 27 shows (decline of 18.5% year over year)....
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
2010 Shows
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
grass is green

water is wet
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
2010 Shows
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:22 am »
Quote from: NickNels;259545
grass is green

water is wet

Water may be wet, but not all grass is green... Take a look outside, there\'s a bunch that\'s yellow...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2010 Shows
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »
The band plays when it wants to.

That\'s how it\'s been and how it\'s going to be.

Get used to it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
2010 Shows
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:40:19 pm »
new hampsh tied for 2nd with CT
:)
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
2010 Shows
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:57:08 pm »
Quote from: leith;259591
The band plays when it wants to.

That\'s how it\'s been and how it\'s going to be.

Get used to it.

Agreed.

The fact of the matter is this and everyone should have been able to read the writing on the wall months ago.

The Breakfast are not done they are simply focusing their energy in other directions. While I might not agree with the Breakfast taking a backseat, I do not need to, because to me they are at the equivalent of working the same job for 10 plus years, not getting a promotion and are getting tired of the daily grind.

Just because they are musician does not make them exempt from the brutality of going to work everyday. Its just the facts of life, even whores get tired of sucking sick for money even if they like sucking dick for money.

My point is the Breakfast, even though playing at the top of their game, need to make some strategic moves over the next year. One of them is going to be letting Kung Fu become a primary instead of a secondary operation. This is going to be good for the Breakfast because they are going to do something different, hopefully, write some new music and come back refreshed and hopefully build some excitement after a short hiatus.

At this point in the game, strategic marketing is going to have to be put into place and using Kung Fu as a stepping stone is where we are currently at.

So, with all that said, if people want more Breakfast shows, grab some fliers for your local shows and hit the pavement, use social media to expand the fanbase and create exposure (just don\'t repost the show on your FB page, if your friends were gonna go to the show, they would have already) or find some creative way of getting people to the shows. Putting people into a venue is sales, and when people see money rain, like strippers, they are all over it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2010 Shows
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »
It\'s great to see things discussed years ago coming to fruition.
Mind you in very small steps but I do recall the 2 for 1 discussion in terms of getting The Breakfast gigs. It can work like it did at Breakfest where Tim proved to me he would take Keller\'s career should they ever play the same festival.
It has been working for them with Kung Fu. Even playing with Particle is great exposure because no matter how much they meh Particle has an amazing way of staying relevant in the scene and Molitz gots the Phil cred now.
The increase in sit ins and one off\'s like the Waldman stuff can only be good.
It\'s just a matter of patience with The Breakfast as it always has been.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
2010 Shows
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »
All The Breakfest shows are still Top Of The Game musical experiences!!!
Hold on! There\'s more on the way!!!