Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT  (Read 39198 times)

psychjosh

Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 02:02:32 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;223203
Quote from: Spacey;223196
Quote from: kindm\'s;223193
Quote from: Spacey;223183
Musically the band brought there A game. Tight and really motivated playing. They played with purpose and hung onto it all night. The Beef>2001>Barley was the highlight. The 2001 was spectacular. The Mooboo\'s was a great ending at 2:07 a.m. and it makes sense after reading Duane\'s post why they were able to play an encore.

The venue had good sound and a great light system. The place reeked like urine and stale beer. Threw up walking into the bathroom. Beer selection was piss poor. Few minor changes and that place is a great venue.

Breakfast should have never played there. Without a solid street team and some sacrifices be the fans and the band to do promotion or create some kind of buzz. They will never grow the fanbase. The more people hear the name and see the name around town the more common they become. Companies don\'t spend millions on advertisement only to piss away money.

The turn out on Saturday night was sad and embarrassing. The elevated stage had to make it worse to look out and see no one.

These are the same kind of posts that have been made on .info since there was a .info. Just rinse and repeat.

I understand that but...

Then what the fuck are we doing here?

If no one is willing to make a sacrifice to the betterment of the band then why pretend? Why don\'t we just let the dog die?

The band should just quit.

Why should I invest my time or energy into this band then?

Frankly, Saturday made me realize this painful truth.

The only people who should really be sacrificing for the band is the band. If they aren\'t gonna go out and drum up support for their band then why should anyone else ? The days of them relying on others to fill a venue has long since past (if there ever was one). One of the biggest issues I saw over the years is that the band doesn\'t self promote. They rely on other people to do it. They stick / stuck with an inner circle and let the dice roll.

hmm...
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 02:29:48 pm »
Musically the band brought there A game. Tight and really motivated playing. They played with purpose and hung onto it all night. The Beef>2001>Barley was the highlight. The 2001 was spectacular. The Mooboo\'s was a great ending at 2:07 a.m. and it makes sense after reading Duane\'s post why they were able to play an encore.

The venue had good sound and a great light system. The place reeked like urine and stale beer. Threw up walking into the bathroom. Beer selection was piss poor. Few minor changes and that place is a great venue.

Breakfast should have never played there. Without a solid street team and some sacrifices be the fans and the band to do promotion or create some kind of buzz. They will never grow the fanbase. The more people hear the name and see the name around town the more common they become. Companies don\'t spend millions on advertisement only to piss away money.

The turn out on Saturday night was sad and embarrassing. The elevated stage had to make it worse to look out and see no one.

These are the same kind of posts that have been made on .info since there was a .info. Just rinse and repeat.

I understand that but...

If no one is willing to make a sacrifice to the betterment of the band then why pretend? Why don\'t we just let the dog die?

No way! I may be kinda new to it all but I am here and will support until I die. I am here. Use me. I am going to get up to Syracuse and make sure to get some word out. Pick a show, any show. I am beyond grateful that there are more shows on the horizon.

But I know you won\'t stop coming to shows or listening. Its beautiful.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 03:02:48 pm »

aside from pissing people off on this message board, what time or energy have you put into this band?

or to answer your question: because they give you an excuse to pretend you have a life and be social with actual humans

NTD

ps
Now that i reminded myself... Lboog, next time your talking shit about that lexington gaf, make sure it\'s to someone other than me... ;)
caress me, aunt jemima

mvallo

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »
I hate to jump on the band wagon, but...

1. The breakfast were never on the venue\'s website calender!
2. Kicking Daisies were great, but their fans are under 21. This was a 12+ show.
3. Beatles A-Z probably did not bring in any more heads that weren\'t already going.
5. New venue, this small "local" base compared to Sully\'s
6. Cover was $15 at the door VS. Breakfast @ Sully\'s were $10. We are in a recession (for some of us). Not sure if it were a $10 cover it would make a difference anyways.
7. 90% of the fans attending were .Info-ers. The other 10% were .Info-ers that I didn\'t recognize.

I love this band and the best fans that really care!

LBoogie

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 03:15:22 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;223235

aside from pissing people off on this message board, what time or energy have you put into this band?

or to answer your question: because they give you an excuse to pretend you have a life and be social with actual humans

NTD

ps
Now that i reminded myself... Lboog, next time your talking shit about that lexington gaf, make sure it\'s to someone other than me... ;)

rotfl.....u da man....wait, i think i know what to do here.......

......now THAT\'S dick!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2009, 03:35:19 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;223215
save dipped out almost before tim finished his solo almost seemed like he felt obligated to sit in.

rons wife was working and he had to get home for the babysitter according to lisa, who he drove up with. Would you rather he didn\'t sit in? I was happy with it. they could have just done a prom \'97 and I\'d have loved it.

Quote from: Lexington;223235

ps

this is fantastic. I can only imagine.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

LBoogie

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »
paul you were standing right there for the whole conversation:)  and it was hilarious

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2009, 05:07:48 pm »

I understand that but...

Really. It took until this past Sat. for that realization?
I would have sworn you were swifter than that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:31 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;223249
paul you were standing right there for the whole conversation:)  and it was hilarious

considering I didn\'t drink anything that night, this just became even funnier.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:10 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;223205
There are enough fans in enough areas of new england/new york to start building a decent street team. We just need to get organized. If we could each do certain small things they would pay off and equal better turnouts. like Mark said, the local papers should be informed a month or two ahead of time, posters need to go up at near by colleges, promo discs need to be handed out. etc. Shits not gonna happen over night, its gonna take time and effort from all the hardcore fans who want the band to succeed. Make some kind of buzz about the band in CT, Boston, and Upstate since these are the home bases, and hopefully the crowds will slowly but surely get a little bigger each time. :shrug: idk seems like a lot of this has been done in the past but it has consistantly NOT been done for a couple of years or so.

if they offered several people some incentives for doing this, maybe it\'ll come back. guest list for that show or something. I know Nicole and I will be at the calvin for moe. and umphrey\'s, would be a good place to do some promo seeing how they are playing the iron horse a few days later
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2009, 10:18:44 pm »
I passed out and slept through the first half of this show, woke up, realized what a loser I was, and went back to sleep.

Shit happens. This place Warehouse doesn\'t sound as fun as Sully\'s anyway. I am pretty pissed I missed an obviously sick show less than an hour drive away. Only more incentive to catch the next one.

All y\'all having sudden realizations that the band "should just quit" after being a ser PB fan in many cases longer than myself... maybe it\'s not just about how many people make it out to each show. Attendance might not be huge for various reasons overall right now, but its known that there are more people there in spirit than ever.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:10 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;223269
I passed out and slept through the first half of this show, woke up, realized what a loser I was, and went back to sleep.

Shit happens. This place Warehouse doesn\'t sound as fun as Sully\'s anyway. I am pretty pissed I missed an obviously sick show less than an hour drive away. Only more incentive to catch the next one.

All y\'all having sudden realizations that the band "should just quit" after being a ser PB fan in many cases longer than myself... maybe it\'s not just about how many people make it out to each show. Attendance might not be huge for various reasons overall right now, but its known that there are more people there in spirit than ever.

But it is. People there in spirit don\'t buy shit at the bar and they sure as hell don\'t pay the cover to get in.

I personally do not think the band should quit any time soon. They have way too much music to create still.

I just think that expectations should be lessened overall by the fanbase here on .info until people start walking the talk and promote this band like they have shown they can in the past.

Until the band decides to tour again, it is pretty easy to promote the few shows they have.
To me there is no excuse whatsoever that the turnout was as poor as reported. There was PLENTY of time to promote the heck out of this show.

It sucks for me and every other fan of the band that is not located on the east coast.
If they can\'t even draw a crowd in CT. how can I/we ever expect them to come visit us?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2009, 10:57:06 pm »
The fact that I\'m on .info pretty much every day and still didn\'t know about this show until the middle of last week definitely says something...
Masturbation in the MFA

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:45 pm »
I\'ve been a fan of this band for a good long time, and seen it from different perspectives along my journey.  The conclusion I\'ve come to over that period of time is that I go to these shows for one reason: to have fun.

I\'ve had my times of hope and frustration, and all the emotions between.  The bottom line being, it\'s not my cross to bare.

This was an incredible incredible show.  I had a great time.  It sucks that there weren\'t many people there.  But what\'s done is done.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:30:10 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2009, 11:59:13 pm »
whats the person to get flyers froms email. anyone?