Author Topic: The Jackies!  (Read 1315 times)

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
The Jackies!
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:03:25 am »
Mike Cal and myself are playing with this new all-original band.

If you like The Kinks, The Beatles, early Who, Rickenbackers and motorscooters...

http://www.myspace.com/thejackiesct

Catch us:
THIS Tuesday 2/17- Daniel Street, Milford @ 9pm
and
Saturday 2/28- Cafe 9, State Street, New Haven @ 9 w/ The Furors

from myspace:
"The Jackies are Bob Catalde, lead vocals rhythm guitar. Mike Colavolpe, lead guitar backing vocals. Sandy Barker, bass guitar backing vocals. Brooks Barnett, keyboards backing vocals. Joe Scialla, drums. Howdy ya all, Bob speakin\' here. These are the guys I was lucky enough to put together as The Jackies. While Brooks appears on the track \'The Broadway Twister\',and the \'Bumblebee Scene\' adding a great feel the other tracks were recorded prior to putting the band together. The Jackies as they are now, are all on the last four tracks of the upcoming CD. Other musicians on the CD include the fabulous Solin of New Haven, who\'s new CD \'Energy Fair\' has just come out. The Jackies CD \'Lefty and the Broadway Twister\' will be out soon, and available on CD Baby. So in the meantime you can give the sample tracks a listen, and if you dig it, come and see us at one of the shows listed. All songs written and produced by Bob Catalde. Engineered by Solin and Bob Catalde. Recorded at Solin Music / Orange, CT Copyright 2008."

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
The Jackies!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:20 am »

for tonight! 10pm!

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
FRIDAY, etc...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:56:19 am »
The Jackies have been getting some good press, a new album and have a handful of shows coming your way!! ...plus some mighty covers (The Who, Kinks, Wilco, Blur, Velvet Underground and more!)

check out what the local press has to say about the album:
New Haven Register
and
New Haven Advocate

shows-
THIS FRI Jan 22, 2010 10:00P
        Two Boots    Bridgeport, Connecticut
Fri. Feb 5, 2010    10:00P
   Side Street Bar Grille    Hamden, Connecticut
Sat. Feb 20, 2010    10:00P
   Eli’s    Hamden, Connecticut
Sat. Feb 27, 2010    10:00P
   West Side Bar and Grille    New Haven, Connecticut
Sat. Mar 13, 2010    10:00P
   The Basement    Amherst, Massachusetts

For more info, music and video - www.myspace.com/thejackiesct and facebook!