Author Topic: Video geeks: Sony HDR-FX1 HD Digital Camcorder $1999 @ Apple store  (Read 1327 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
LINK

$1999

sells everywhere else for $3k.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Video geeks: Sony HDR-FX1 HD Digital Camcorder $1999 @ Apple store
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:37:29 am »
saving 1k is is a great deal... now if I only had the 2k to purchase it, you might have something. Your still gonna have a looong time for for hd breakfast!

If I had that kind of money, I would much rather buy one of these:

:drool:

with terrible MPEG-2 compression, your "HD" which is not real HD to begin with, is compressed down to a level with about half the boasted resolution. There are few lighting conditions that this camera can shoot in and if you are not a professional ga... Read more >ffer this is a nightmare. HDV is a horrible consumer format, and for anyone to call this a "professional" "HD" camera is wrong in both senses. The camera looks cool and professional, but it is very consumer quality, far from "professional"! Also it is nowhere near HD, and Panasonic has kicked Sony\'s (you know what) when it comes to delivering uncompromised quality on all levels. I used this camera on 3 feature films, so I know every kink in it. There is no arguing - this camera is directed to consumers who want to look and be more "professional".

(50 of 80 people found this review useful)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 07:44:05 am by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke