Author Topic: Double Bass  (Read 552 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Double Bass
« on: November 22, 2007, 09:13:30 pm »
From listening to recordings from all over TB/PB\'s timeline, ive noticed that it seems adrian recently has stopped using a double bass pedal. Maybe I\'m wrong and he just uses it less nowadays, but he used to use it a lot and he was a master of the art.  anyone know when/why he got rid of it (if he did)?  i love double bass when its properly used, which in adrians case, it was.
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Double Bass
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 06:45:06 am »
I\'m not sure if that was one of the items that was stolen along with the van back in \'01, but it\'s a possibility.  To be completely honest, other than his drum solos, I don\'t think he really needs one.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Double Bass
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:41:38 am »
Thought we actually had someone else who listened to classical music for a second there. Oh well.

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Double Bass
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 12:14:03 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;169861
I\'m not sure if that was one of the items that was stolen along with the van back in \'01, but it\'s a possibility.  To be completely honest, other than his drum solos, I don\'t think he really needs one.

not sure about these days but, he def had a double pedal after that.  Through \'04 and well beyond.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Double Bass
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 12:16:09 pm »
Quote from: Me!;169872
Quote from: Yoda;169861

not sure about these days but, he def had a double pedal after that.  Through \'04 and well beyond.

yeah thats true, it was only very recently he got rid of it.  even in 2006 i heard some double bass.  maybe with the new set tonight he\'ll have one.
DS Newbers