Author Topic: Breakfast needs to play ALL AGES shows!  (Read 2636 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Breakfast needs to play ALL AGES shows!
« on: April 14, 2009, 04:29:25 pm »
A lot of kids who went to Iron Horse are not going to be able to go to Mill Street next weekend and they want to!

And this is only an 18+ show. 21+ shows.... shit, I mean we talk about the fanbase getting old and stale... it\'s not really. There are so many kids (and I mean KIDS) in western mass at least who are like a new wave of Breakfast fans ready to rage shows. But they can\'t get in except at a few venues (fortunately Iron Horse is all ages).

IMO this is a serious issue affecting the growth of the band.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:34:02 pm »
i agree completely. but i suppose that\'s a tough thing to do when you\'re a bar band.

there\'s colleges, like was mentioned in another thread, but that doesn\'t happen much either. which is a shame too, cause the keene state show in \'07 was one of the most fun b\'fast shows i\'ve ever been to.

the breakfast doesn\'t look like a band that wants to grow, they look like a band that wants to wind down. :shrug:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »
They should play Extrava***** again this year for you, BD.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:38 pm »
^^
That would be sick. Not to mention highly attended.

The Breakfast aint no bar band Dave. Just because they play some bars.

And too bad for them if they want to wind down because we\'re gonna keep growing the fan base and ragin\' it until the last note.

You might want to end your Iron Horse boycott, starting last week... :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:44:17 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:43:28 pm »
UF has been focusing a lot on teen centers and holy shit, our fanbase is expanding like you wouldnt believe!
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 04:45:13 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;226600
^^
That would be sick.

The Breakfast aint no bar band Dave. Just because they play some bars.

And too bad for them if they want to wind down because we\'re gonna keep growing the fan base and ragin\' it until the last note.

You might want to end your Iron Horse boycott, starting last week... :shrug:

last i checked they were a bar band. they play at bars and small clubs that they can\'t fill.

sorry, but the breakfast playing a good show doesn\'t make me want to go to a place i said i\'d never go to again. ngh.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 04:51:20 pm »
For real? If so I\'m happy for you :)

Shit I\'d hit up a teen center. I mean Todd will probably be there so its not like any of us would look shady :lol:

Quote from: davepeck;226603
last i checked they were a bar band. they play at bars and small clubs that they can\'t fill.

Iron Horse is a pretty well respected and historical venue. Yes it has a bar. Not only was it filled but there were probably a couple or few dozen people downstairs trippin out and another couple dozen people outside dancing in the rain.

I don\'t know what the problem is in CT with getting supposedly die-hard fans to go to shows these days... but at least western mass and upstate NY are on the upswing.

Quote from: davepeck;226603
sorry, but the breakfast playing a good show doesn\'t make me want to go to a place i said i\'d never go to again. ngh.

Your loss. Don\'t worry they\'ll be playing Pearl Street in no time after that last show so maybe I\'ll see you up here again ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:51:20 pm by bdfreetuna »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:54:08 pm »
I\'d hope that they are not winding down, but while there has been an influx of interest in more shows, the number of shows has dropped drastically:

Jan - 2 shows (6 shows from historical average)
Feb - 3 shows (9 shows from historical average)
Mar - 4 shows (14 shows from historical average)
Apr - 4 shows planned (13 shows from historical average)

I\'m no mathematician, but that\'s a 200% drop off in shows in my book...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:58:27 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 04:55:48 pm »
out of curiosity, how has the show attendance responded to the decrease in frequency of shows?
Postcount +1.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 04:58:04 pm »
"road warrior" status!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 04:58:14 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;226607
I\'d hope that they are not winding down, but while there has been an influx of interest in more shows, the number of shows has dropped drastically:

Apr - 4 shows planned (13 shows from historical average

There are some gigs not listed.

I know that they are playing Strangecreek again this year and it isn\'t listed on .info

If there ae a bunch of kids in Western mass talk up strangecreek to them. Bfast will be there and it is a good time. 3 days this year as well. It is Memorial day weekend
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 06:54:50 pm »
Well, Toad\'s is all ages.  Let\'s pack that under 21 side the way i remember it used to be packed when we were all under 21 ;)   With that little tv show we did last night, Tim doing only breakfast songs acoustically, I plan on sending it along to college tv stations too...its worth a shot.  I\'ve made it my personal mission to some how pack that toad\'s show.... LETS START THE PROMOTION NOW PEOPLE.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:23 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;226604

Iron Horse is a pretty well respected and historical venue. Yes it has a bar. Not only was it filled but there were probably a couple or few dozen people downstairs trippin out and another couple dozen people outside dancing in the rain.

Ummm...which Iron Horse show were you at?  9/14/01???  The show on Friday was half full.  50%.  1/2.  Could\'ve had another 150 people in there.

They\'re a bar band.  They play Sully\'s, Mill Street Brews, Middle East Upstairs, and Daniel Street.  And now they have a show at Tommy D\'s in Westfield, MA a townie bar in MA\'s #1 townie town.  (Look at their "website" which is only a myspace page.)  Bar band.  It\'s okay.  

I\'m in favor of more all ages shows, sure.  It always sucked when I was under 21 and couldn\'t go.

Yup, no mathematician, let me help with that.  If something drops 200%, it is exactly negative of what it previously was.  There aren\'t many things that can do this, but say Tiger Woods shoots 3 over par one day and 3 under par the next.  His par score would have dropped 200%.  

If something drops 100%, it is at 0.  If a stock is worth $15 today and is worth $0 a year from now, then it dropped 100% in that year.  Actually, regardless of what the stock is worth, it is down 100% if and only if it reaches a value of $0.

If The Breakfast averages 42 shows Jan-Apr (x), then plays 13 shows Jan-Apr 2009 (y), then the change from the average is -29 shows, or -69%.  ((x-y)/x)*100
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:01:34 am by Wolfman »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:06 pm »
Todd incognito starting this thread? ;)

UB was one of the most fun ive ever had at a show...java barn i heard is insane...colleges are where its at
DS Newbers

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:23 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;226648

Yup, no mathematician, let me help with that.  If something drops 200%, it is exactly negative of what it previously was.  There aren\'t many things that can do this, but say Tiger Woods shoots 3 over par one day and 3 under par the next.  His par score would have dropped 200%.  

If something drops 100%, it is at 0.  If a stock is worth $15 today and is worth $0 a year from now, then it dropped 100% in that year.  Actually, regardless of what the stock is worth, it is down 100% if and only if it reaches a value of $0.

If The Breakfast averages 42 shows Jan-Apr (x), then plays 13 shows Jan-Apr 2009 (y), then the change is -29 shows, or -69%.  ((x-y)/x)*100

If you posted this reply without banging your head against something in utter frustration first- kudos to you, good sir.

To keep on the thread topic, no doubt they should have played to younger crowds in the recent past.  The tough thing is that those gigs don\'t pay as well.  Bars make their money from drinks sold, and usually let the band keep 100% of the door.  All ages venues need a cut from the under 21\'s.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:00:39 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.