Author Topic: RAQ last night; or, Why The Breakfast will succeed.  (Read 4229 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
RAQ last night; or, Why The Breakfast will succeed.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 05:24:18 pm »
todd stoops owns your face and the sooner u realize it the better off youll be.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 05:51:49 pm »
lots of Raq fans are Breakfast fans and vice versa. theres probably a few on mutual boards, so making a comparison of the two to make one look better i think is bad for both parties. i dont know, not saying your opinion doesnt count but it doesnt help either.. and Raq not playing their best ,doesnt = Breakfast success
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 06:07:15 pm »
Quote from: ulee;168407
A bit of astrological 2 cents:

The "off night" may be related to the moon.  The moon affects everyone, on a subtle level, as it travels through different signs of the zodiac every 2 days or so.  As the moon moves through the signs, there are blocks of time (sometimes minutes, hours, or days) in which it is not aspecting any sign and is said to be "void of course."  During these times, there can be sort of a free-floating feeling of things not clicking or just not getting off the ground.  People\'s energy is not really focused in any one particular way.  It\'s also a bad time to start/do something important.  I decided to check online whether the moon was "in the void" during Friday night 11/9, and it was.  All the way through the day on Saturday, then it went into Sagittarius last night.  I have noticed this happen at music shows during void periods before, where some detail is off, and it doesn\'t get fixed, and nothing really gets going.

This is the "Are you ser?" of the week.

Quote from: DocEllis70;168417
lots of Raq fans are Breakfast fans and vice versa. theres probably a few on mutual boards, so making a comparison of the two to make one look better i think is bad for both parties. i dont know, not saying your opinion doesnt count but it doesnt help either.. and Raq not playing their best ,doesnt = Breakfast success

Yeah you\'re probably right.

And honestly Freddie, just give Stoops the damn blowjob already. Every time Raq comes up the only comment you have is about Stoops owning face. So just let him own your face with his manjuice ok?

:wah:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:07:15 pm by jocelyn »
Masturbation in the MFA

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 06:12:41 pm »
smite
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 06:15:47 pm »
The more you smite me the stronger I get!
Masturbation in the MFA

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 06:27:06 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;168417

I understand there are mutual fans. I understand the RAQ guys are probably cool.

But I think the point of my post was clearly enough not that a bad RAQ show = Breakfast success.

The point is that in 1 minute of the Breakfast show at Sully\'s last night there was infinitely more personality, talent, and energy than was spread out over the whole RAQ show (that is, extrapolating for the second set which I didn\'t stick around for).

But at Sully\'s last night it was also 90% people I either know or at least recognize. When something happens, so Breakfast gets the kind of buzz bands like RAQ or Tea Leaf Green (like maybe when they release a sick concept album or start getting some bigger festie gigs)... it\'s going to be inevitable.

So you can see beneath my trashing of RAQ\'s performance is an underlying theme of hope for Breakfast.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 06:29:15 pm »
Talent aside, some people on here present a valid point about RAQ\'s douchebaggery on at least 1 occasion, specifically Camp Barefoot.  Hanging with the Bfam recently, I heard some other stories about the RAQ band members that were not flattering.

But hey, ask people in St. Louis about The Breakfast and you will encounter some bitterness.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:36:18 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 07:56:10 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;168431
Talent aside, some people on here present a valid point about RAQ\'s douchebaggery on at least 1 occasion, specifically Camp Barefoot.  Hanging with the Bfam recently, I heard some other stories about the RAQ band members that were not flattering.

But hey, ask people in St. Louis about The Breakfast and you will encounter some bitterness.

Absolutely.

I like Raq. They\'re good. I like The Breakfast much more. They\'re great.

I remember someone saying awhile back, it might\'ve been in a thread devoted to other musicians quotes about The Breakfast, where Michetti said (after playing on the same stage as Tim a few times) "I realized I needed to go home and practice a lot more." Something along those lines. Anyone recall?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 09:10:20 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;168229
You have just experienced a frequently discussed Breakfast fan phenomenon I call "Breakfast Band Burnout", which is what happens when you\'ve seen a bunch of kickass Breakfast shows and other bands start to seem boring or just not as good.  Definitely been there, and I still get that from time to time at other shows.  Sometimes I will find myself watching a band thinking, "This is OK, but I\'d rather be seeing The Breakfast do the same thing only better."  

yep, digging the breakfast as much as we all do is both a blessing and a curse.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 09:17:10 pm »
Quote from: ulee;168407
A bit of astrological 2 cents:

The "off night" may be related to the moon.  The moon affects everyone, on a subtle level, as it travels through different signs of the zodiac every 2 days or so.  As the moon moves through the signs, there are blocks of time (sometimes minutes, hours, or days) in which it is not aspecting any sign and is said to be "void of course."  During these times, there can be sort of a free-floating feeling of things not clicking or just not getting off the ground.  People\'s energy is not really focused in any one particular way.  It\'s also a bad time to start/do something important.  I decided to check online whether the moon was "in the void" during Friday night 11/9, and it was.  All the way through the day on Saturday, then it went into Sagittarius last night.  I have noticed this happen at music shows during void periods before, where some detail is off, and it doesn\'t get fixed, and nothing really gets going.

most people here will def say \'are u  ser\' to this, but I actually somewhat agree. There are def subtle factors including the moon that can bring down a show or put it through the roof. Have you ever noticed at work there are certain days that everyone just feels down or happy or any number of specific noticeable moods? It\'s not a coincidence. This is kind of what the Mayan calender was about. Knowing the specific energy for each day and honoring it.  THere are a multitude of other factors that affect the quality of a show but I do believe that the subtle, unseen energies of the earth, moon, sun and universe do play a role.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 09:37:40 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;168445
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;168431

Absolutely.

I like Raq. They\'re good. I like The Breakfast much more. They\'re great.

I remember someone saying awhile back, it might\'ve been in a thread devoted to other musicians quotes about The Breakfast, where Michetti said (after playing on the same stage as Tim a few times) "I realized I needed to go home and practice a lot more." Something along those lines. Anyone recall?

It was in a fan mag somewhere up north (maybe Vermont or maybe Maine), I\'ve got a copy somewhere, I\'ll see if I can dig it out.  BUt yeah that\'s pretty much what he said.

And the whole St. Louis thing was another story all together.  The gig was cancelled and it was a situation beyond the bands control.  Where as the RAQ stories here are things that are totally in the bands control.  But I understand the point you\'re making.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 09:47:07 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:07 pm »
Here is it is from jambands:

http://www.jambands.com/NewGroove/content_2002_05_21.00.phtml

CM: I definitely take influence from those guys. Everybody’s an influence you know? It’s hard not to be influenced by everybody. I think especially if you’re a guitar player; there are so many fucking guitar players out there. It’s ridiculous. I mean, we play with all these sick bands. The other night we played with Brothers Past. Have you heard of those guys?

JW: Yeah.

CM: They’re really good, especially their guitar player. So that’s a big influence. And Psychedelic Breakfast was there too. I mean it’s hard not to be influenced by those guys.

JW: Both of those guitar players are pretty sick.

CM: Just ridiculous.

JW: Particularly Tim Palmieri [from Psychedelic Breakfast].

CM: He’s just frightening. He’s ridiculous. He’s a lot of fun to watch too. I really get off on that kind of stuff. I mean, it kind of fucks with you when you play with bands like that, for me personally. Because I don’t think I rip as hard as those guys. It’s not my strong point.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 01:22:03 am »
I saw RAQ at the fox theater a week before I saw the Breakfast at Trilogy (Fox=bigger than Trilogy) and they definitely brought it that night. They were incredibly tight, rocked hard, and had great stage presence.

Michetti is really fuckin good, but doesn\'t even compare to palmieri. stoops is prob the best musician in the band, the drummer and bassist are nothing special at all. ron and adrian would take them in a drum-bass-off.

that being said raq/breakfast tour would be a great idea for 2008... probably would help both bands out a lot (bisco/umphreys type thing.)
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

mudd

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 12:23:15 pm »
Quote from: psychjosh;168308

I \'ll end with this .. if you ever get the chance to see both bands on 1 bill you\'ll be way bummed to miss it.

totally. we played phanphest 3.0 with them and it was just awesome. both bands were incredible!

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 05:58:59 pm »
my first time seeing them all the raqheads scared me a little...

Quote from: DocEllis70;168473
Here is it is from jambands:

http://www.jambands.com/NewGroove/content_2002_05_21.00.phtml

JW: Particularly Tim Palmieri [from Psychedelic Breakfast].

CM: He’s just frightening. He’s ridiculous. He’s a lot of fun to watch too. I really get off on that kind of stuff. I mean, it kind of fucks with you when you play with bands like that, for me personally. Because I don’t think I rip as hard as those guys. It’s not my strong point.

honest...i\'ll go to their shows because of this comment...

stoops has that sound he has tapped into which makes him appear much bigger than he actully is... would def lobby for a stoops sit-in tho..
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.