Author Topic: When has PB officially "Made It"?  (Read 3321 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
When has PB officially "Made It"?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2003, 09:47:24 am »
Originally posted by Wolfman

apply your deranged lunacy to something useful.  

Oh my, I love that line.  You better copyright that cause I plan on using that somewhere......

Anyways, back to the main topic of this post, I think I\'ve said this before but in many ways they have made it.  I mean, I told some friends of mine who don\'t even like or know PB about how they were playing Toad\'s on New Year\'s and they thought that was amazing.  That is a huge accomplishment because of the history behind the place.  I think the fact they have fans on the west coast means they made it.  To me, the fact they expanded past east haven, ct means something.  Cause isn\'t the ultimate show of success? When you get the hell out of this place and explore something beyond this...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 09:54:25 am by SkyePrizm »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Re: oh, you bet it\'s on!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2003, 10:14:48 am »
Originally posted by galenas
i mean, of course it\'s extra sexy to see a man on stage (especially if he\'s as talented as Tim), but that\'s not all it\'s about. he\'s also got to be able to perform off stage as well... if ya know what i mean...and that\'s where tim\'s other skills (besides the "one skill" he "shows off on an elevated surface," as you said) come into play!

love ya back,
galenas

damn! (i\'d put in the shocked smiley face if i knew how)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2003, 01:03:20 pm »
Originally posted by SkyePrizm
That little girl was pretty rude.  

easy, skye. obviously we were just goofing around.

and if you ever come to the east coast, i\'d like to see you call me a "little girl" to my face. i think you\'re a bit out of line.

sorry for the negative vibes everyone.... i\'m just gonna stay out of this thread from now on! wolf, i\'ll look forward to that drink sometime. no hard feelings of course.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2003, 01:05:51 pm »
oops, you ARE from the east coast .... i\'m an idiot! i was confusing you w/ someone else.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2003, 01:22:04 pm »
Okay, as long as you were joking, I don\'t like to see men get demeaned of their egos like that. I love men.  

I\'m a little feisty, being that I\'m from Staven and all, so I am crazy enough to call you a little girl to your face, however I do apologize if you were mad.  I\'m not a fighter, I\'m a lover.  I just was defending the underdog.  No hard feelings.  No bad vibes here, keep posting, I found it amusing.
Sometimes we just need to laugh at ourselves.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2003, 01:40:32 pm »
skye, i\'m soooo sorry for getting confrontational. i\'m not a fighter either, it\'s just that i\'m having a really rough morning and your post was the first thing i read. i\'m glad you took the matter so well, you\'re a bigger person than i am! i\'m ashamed .... awwww.

ok, enough of this crap -- back to the point of this thread: i saw my friend the other day and told him that pb was playing tobacco road on friday and that he should go. he was like, "hell yeah! i love tobacco road, but i\'ve never seen a big band there before. it will be cool to see a big band play there." ----  key words: "big band," hence it seems as tho pb has made it.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2003, 01:50:46 pm »
I\'m not a bigger person....trust, I would have reacted just like you.  

Very envious you are getting to go to Tobacco Road.  I am actually taking the train into NYC that night.  We\'ve had a girls night out planned for months.....however my friends want to dress up slutty and go dancing.  Maybe if I get them drunk enough we can stop by there....

however if things go right and I convince Pitchy, we might be going to the Living Room in Providence the next night.  I really want to catch the band cause I havent seen them in ages.....

I would love to meet you at a show, galenas, I\'ll buy you drink.....forget that, we\'ll do a shot together....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2003, 01:59:05 pm »
why dont you chicks just kiss and make up at tobacco road for me.a little tongue would be sweet too!go ahead and get me now im the asshole..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2003, 09:12:25 pm »
hahhahaha, freddies too much
How real is that?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2003, 04:42:25 am »
ah freddie.. beat me to it.. i was gonna say, if you\'re not gonna pull hair, then make out. :)

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2003, 11:45:01 am »
don\'t get your hopes up, guys! :)

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2003, 11:52:00 am »
:shock1: music dork <
How real is that?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2003, 02:53:42 pm »
Actually, perhaps galenas, skye, and myself should have a threesome in the alley behind Tobacco Road, then we\'ll know for sure that there are no hard feelings.  Galenas is smart, she\'s got two free drinks out of all this.  Perhaps those drinks will subdue the pain of the intellectual manslaughter I dealt to her.  You mess with wolves, you gonna get bitten.  Skye, do I know you?  I\'ve spent a lot of time in Staven.  

Anywho, just realized that the band has made it when
1.  You can\'t park for free within a mile of the shows and
2.  The band members and those who make their living from the band can pay rent.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2003, 03:44:28 pm »
Yeah if the band and associated crew can pay rent by only "working" on PB related activities. PB has made it ,because isn\'t that the reason one gets into this business? To not have to work in Babylon\'s mainframe and get to create and enjoy music 4 yourself and the ones u love?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2003, 03:49:41 am »
Wolfman, I don\'t think I know you.  But you might know people who know me.  And soon, you will know me yourself....