Author Topic: [BT/LMA] 2007-10-27 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT [MATRIX]  (Read 5188 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Quote from: FrankZappa;166780
BT - 280 hits
AUD LMA - 680 downloads
MATRIX LMA - 3,498

total 4,458 downloads as of thursday morning

How does LMA count thier downloads? Is each track considered to be 1 download? Just curious.  Either way, this is great news. Hopefully the Matrix will break 10,000!
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: booztravlr;166784
Quote from: FrankZappa;166780
BT - 280 hits
AUD LMA - 680 downloads
MATRIX LMA - 3,498

total 4,458 downloads as of thursday morning

How does LMA count thier downloads? Is each track considered to be 1 download? Just curious.  Either way, this is great news. Hopefully the Matrix will break 10,000!

whether you download one track, or the whole show, it considers it "a download". and it doesn\'t count a single ip address more than once in a day. so if you click on track by track to download, all in one day, it only counts as one download. if you go back the next day, you\'ll get counted again.

pretty sure streams work the same way.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
hm, I was streaming lma while downloading bt, so I probably got counted twice then. I balanced it out though by making 3 copies cause some bt noobs at work wanted the show.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
alright, after listening to this show many many times...id say the all around best LB song is reba, even though they fuck up a little bit of the composed part towards the beginning.   after this they really pull it together and a lot of the harder parts in the composed section they nail, and the jam is definately the best of the show, incredible build up.
DS Newbers

solver

• the moon rulz
thank you for taping this [not like you would have missed the opportunity, but thank you thank you thank you].

it\'s bittersweet listening to it now because i\'d been planning costume/trip/hotel/weekend/etc for months, i even had tickets at the door, but i blew a halloween microchip before the weekend started and was in bed fri.-mon. thanking jah i was still alive. [yeah, cop out, i know].

would have liked to hear matt bang the keys more obnoxiously on bathtub gin. and there is no replicating the sound of the \'doc [the strat sounded amusing though]. the vocals came out real clear on the matrix [which doesn\'t flatter the band but they did real well considering the comparison]. kudos, good recording. thanks again for letting me hear what i missed out on [over and over again.... sigh].

oh yeah, no one could have done it better.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:13:03 pm by solver »
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Quote from: DocEllis70;166774
after a couple listens, im not sure what i think.. if i was there maybe id be in a different position.. playing\'s great. vocals, questionable

i was there, and im in the same boat. during the show i ate it all up, but upon first listen i realized my excitement and adrenaline (not to mention my ears don\'t work as a matrix filter clarifying everything) played into the vocals sounding better.

in the moment, reba felt like the best of the night overall, and that holds up in my book. if there was one track to push (ie for sirius radio) out of LB, my vote is in for reba.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
any chance someone could send me a copy of this show via snail mail ?
*Gia*

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Quote from: bezerker;167074
any chance someone could send me a copy of this show via snail mail ?

sure, PM me.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
6 days later

BT - 361 hits
AUD LMA - 1,104 downloads
MATRIX LMA - 4,538

total 6,003 downloads as of monday morning
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Inner_Score

Listening to this show now, Drum Solo is sick.