Author Topic: The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH  (Read 4451 times)

santropez

The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 08:04:29 am »
i was at the stone church last night and the soundguy told me it is definitely 21 plus.  i guess there was a lot of discussion about it and there was too much underage drinking last time.

bonzo

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:47 am »
the church should just look out for the underage drinking  and if you get found drinking underage your out. Thats what i think most places do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:05:51 pm by bonzo »

MondoGeckoLuke

• Mondo Gecko
    • http://www.mondogecko.com
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:11 am »
Hey guys, we (MG) were at the last Stone Church show... I hate to say it but it\'s as simple as this: the club knows it will sell out, so they  want it to be 21+ so the whole crowd can buy drinks. The band\'s got nothing to do with it. I had a conversation with the manager and this is one of the things discussed.

That being said THIS IS NOT CONFIRMATION that the show is or is not 21+ (or 18+)...
MondoGeckoLuke
Boston, MA
Mondo Gecko
www.mondogecko.com
@mondogeckoluke

amandarth

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 01:34:54 pm »
i gotta figure out how im gonna see this show
the facebook event still says its 18+ but the site now says 21+
went to buy some tickets at the church last night and the bartender told me that they changed it to 21+ the other day.

which is understandable, i can respect 21+ shows, but but totally sucks at the same time- i have a few friends who are under 21 and already bought tickets online and were coming down from new jersey... plus ill be getting jipped out of seeing the show once again (spent the entire night out front at harpers ferry a few weekends ago cause they wouldn\'t take 4 forms of id)

thinking about paying of the door man and masking it so the owner doesn\'t recognize me or something.

amandarth

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 01:41:26 pm »
holy shit
so its a conspiracy

maybe if i go in ealry and drop 20 bucks on food theyll let me stay for the show

peaches626

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:00 pm »
Quote from: amandarth;255844
holy shit
so its a conspiracy

maybe if i go in ealry and drop 20 bucks on food theyll let me stay for the show

THIS is probably you\'re best bet.

Hide in the bathroom for a couple hours!!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

jakespetphish

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 02:27:51 pm »
Lets take a great show and eliminate about a third of the crowd! Great idea!... THey had a cover charge last time for minors, but obviously that was not enough to satisfy their benefits. The old manager said they used to cram 180 in there, i am sure that would be very crowded compared to the new capacity of 100, but who doesn\'t love a big breakfast dance party??

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 04:47:36 pm »
Quote from: amandarth;255843
i gotta figure out how im gonna see this show
the facebook event still says its 18+ but the site now says 21+
went to buy some tickets at the church last night and the bartender told me that they changed it to 21+ the other day.

which is understandable, i can respect 21+ shows, but but totally sucks at the same time- i have a few friends who are under 21 and already bought tickets online and were coming down from new jersey... plus ill be getting jipped out of seeing the show once again (spent the entire night out front at harpers ferry a few weekends ago cause they wouldn\'t take 4 forms of id)

thinking about paying of the door man and masking it so the owner doesn\'t recognize me or something.

This is certainly not helping the bottom line. When did all the bars in new england have a meeting and decide to start being difficult and inhospitable?

amandarth

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »
The old manager said they used to cram 180 in there, i am sure that would be very crowded compared to the new capacity of 100, but who doesn\'t love a big breakfast dance party??

not sure if anyone else made it out to the last stone church show but that "sold out" show seemed pretty small... that place could have easily fit at least 40 more heads without any discomfort
fuckin fire codes, crampin\' the stone church\'s style and sheeit

bonzo

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:30 pm »
i just talked to a guy from the church and he  said if you bought  your ticket before today you could get in if your underage

Quote from: peaches626;255847
Quote from: amandarth;255844
holy shit
so its a conspiracy

THIS is probably you\'re best bet.

Hide in the bathroom for a couple hours!!!

When i was not 21 i would just get there early and eat it worked well  for me. bring a ipod so you don\'t get board.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:01:30 pm by bonzo »

amandarth

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »
yeah you just have to bring a printed conformation with the date on it...

too easy :)

bonzo

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:34 am »
now would be a good time to set up shop around the corner from the church with a portable fake id machine

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:58 pm »
just ordered up a pair.  woohoo!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 03:40:44 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;255879
just ordered up a pair.  woohoo!

Unfortunately my regular NH crew will be weaksaucin\' it tonight so it will just be me and the man heading up.
Masturbation in the MFA

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 05:29:16 pm »
woo hoo only a few more hours see you all soon !!!!
*Gia*