Author Topic: Sullivan Hall; New York, NY  (Read 6668 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Sullivan Hall; New York, NY
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »
Thanks for the offer!  I just talked to Aruny and I think he is going to help us out.  I don\'t think we are going to be staying too late either.  See you down there!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 07:23:05 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;254452
Nick, it\'s unlikely we\'ll stay much past 2, but I can get you back to CT then.

I was going to say the same thing as George. Mark and I will be there.  But I don\'t think we will stay for all of Kung Fu.  He\'s got to work tomorrow.  And plus, it can be intimidating to travel with a cop in the car. ;)  I know.   But its all good.   But in case, we are there and can give ride.

And George, come over and find me so i can say hi!  Or I\'ll find you.   Leaving the house in about a half hour.  See ya all there :)

GLuft3

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 12:04:37 am »
Quick, rocking, funky set.

Psygn
Rush
Blessing in the skies
Existential funk
Synergy
Shotgun butterfly
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2010, 07:34:36 am »
Quote from: GLuft3;254458
Quick, rocking, funky set.

Psygn
Rush
Blessing in the skies
Existential funk
Synergy
Shotgun butterfly

oh yeah. I love it. wish I could\'ve been there!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2010, 10:44:22 am »
I bet it wasn\'t taped, eh?  

so seriously upset over missing this.  so close.  and yet so far.  we literally made it to new york and then i got so sick that we had to go back.  :(   How was the kung fu set???  And the crowd??

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 11:11:53 am »
I agree...short and sweet first set.  No segues between any songs.  My highlight was Rush

Kung Fu was great too.  The first half hour was w/o Chris Jensen and it sounded like a completely different band.  They got some slow and deep grooves going that I was absolutely loving.  When Chris got there they  played for another hour or so.  Whole show had a very different feel and sound than any of the Stella Blues shows I saw.  I really like the direction they are going in if last night was a blue print.

At the most crowded point of the night there was probably about 125 people there.

Show was videotaped by Ken
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

stublatt

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:38 am »
Quote from: NickNels;254463

Kung Fu was great too.  The first half hour was w/o Chris Jensen and it sounded like a completely different band.

Kris had a good excuse for being late - he was way uptown at the United Palace on 175th St - sitting in with Jaimoe\'s \'other\' band, The Allman Brothers.  Smokin\' version of \'Jessica\'!!!!