Author Topic: Mowhawk Place; Buffalo, NY  (Read 3174 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Mowhawk Place; Buffalo, NY
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:37 pm »
anyone got a setlist?  or a quick review?
DS Newbers

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »
One ~2 hour set.

Jam > Tunage, Gravity > Silvia > Metropolis, Doughboy, Phaddy Boom Baddy

I think thats it. As you can see by the small song count everything was jammed pretty heavily. Doughboy was nuts and went in an entirely new direction with the jam. Very impressive in my mind. Metropolis was also fantastic. I was glad to see D-man throw it down for Metropolis after how that tool of a soundboard guy acted during the first few songs. This kid was very unprofessional. About 70 people there at start time and close to 30 hung through til the end. Crowd was loving it and I\'d expect them all to show up next month at the JamBoree festival near Buffalo. Don\'t think it was taped but Bob said he saw a rig set up earlier in the night so maybe he kept it running for the breakfast.

Long live Animal, they proclaimed.
Smell my mule.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 06:49:03 pm »
What a great set!

Everything was jammed to the hilt. I want to say that Dangle was the MVP but the rhythm section was in the pocket, Tim was doing some crazy stuff and shredding hard, and Jordan had some exceptional runs on the keys. So, I think the band gets the team MVP award.

I was upfront during the first part of the show and I could tell they were having some sound issues but do not know anything about the sound guy. I think things got relatively straightened out.

There was face melting going on all over the place. I was jonesing for some Gravity and this went to some amazing spaces. WTF was up with Doughboy? Crazy. It was like the band said to themselves, "How can we open this sucker up?" Never heard that tune jammed like that. Sylvia was an unexpected surprise and Metrop was jammed uber hard. Nice.

The only changes or notations I could make to boozer\'s setlist was that Tunage was unfinished. Just when you think the song is done, Ad starts it back up and they run through the chorus again. Instead, it dropped right into Gravity. So, I\'d say Jam > Tunage(unfinished) > Gravity > Sylvia > Metropolis, Doughboy, Phaddy Boom Baddy.

But I guess I can be just that anal.

Huge thanks to the band for coming all the way out to Buffalo and laying it down. There were some converts there, I\'m sure. I wish there was at least a mailing list or something because there would of been some hits for sure.

Loved every moment and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Great hanging with the .info crew and representing funk like diapers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:44:14 pm by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 12:04:02 pm »
my band played at MP one time and we had big issues with the people who worked there, so im not surprised the sound guy sucked.

Good to hear it was a good show though.
DS Newbers

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 09:07:23 pm »
I just remembered how perfectly the opening jam eased right into Tunage. Very, very nice.

Don\'t really know about the taping thing. I did see a guy go in with his case but didn\'t notice him around at all. It would be a real bummer if this one was lost with the breeze.

Strong set, needed to go one for another hour or three, but what we got was great!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:06 am »
Quote from: frolfer;256903
I just remembered how perfectly the opening jam eased right into Tunage. Very, very nice.

Don\'t really know about the taping thing. I did see a guy go in with his case but didn\'t notice him around at all. It would be a real bummer if this one was lost with the breeze.

Strong set, needed to go one for another hour or three, but what we got was great!

yep.....definitely!

also phaddy boom baddy was awesome....similar to the one at harpers in march.....and thats all i have to say about that.