Author Topic: Mowhawk Place; Buffalo, NY  (Read 3173 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Mowhawk Place; Buffalo, NY
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:16 am »
Mowhawk PLace
Time: 8:00pm
Admission: $10 advanced/$13 d.o.s.
21+
(716) 855-3931

47 E Mohawk St, Buffalo, NY

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:27:23 am »
oh SHIT...ive played here before, its an ok venue but there are much better places in buffalo to play.  ill try to get out there.
DS Newbers

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:59:08 am »
yeah yeah, deffly going to try and make this one!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 01:15:55 pm »
It\'s a celebration! Brittany graduates in the Spring (3 classes left for the Fall). Breakfast on Saturday and Pearl Jam on Monday. I haven\'t seen Pearl Jam since \'96 (also in Buffalo). Brittany will be coming too so let\'s fn pawty!
Smell my mule.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:20 am »
Oh yes, I am getting pumped for this. Still a little ways away, but its never to soon to start the promo wheels. Any serheads in the Buff area? Lets get the folks aware of this shindig.

bonzo

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:36:51 am »
i want to go but its like  a 7 or 8 hour drive

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:32:34 am »
Funk yeah!!!!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »
6 more days!!!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:33:02 pm »
I know Western NY is far for most people on .info but for anyone on the fence give this show a listen:

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2008-09-20.flac16

This was from the last time they played Buffalo which Dave (DS#) put on. Sadly, I think I was the only one to make the drive out. The show heats up during the Rufus > Metropolis and doesn\'t let up the rest of the night. Though there is a setbreak in the middle, from Rufus through May Fly Disarray they play 6 songs for 2 hours. Doesn\'t look like there is an opener either and I\'m pretty sure the bars are open until 4am.

Sorry chip on the Reba, guy.
Smell my mule.

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »
booztravlr, i listen to that show all the time!  the buquebus is awesome too.  ill be driving up to buffalo for the weekend to catch this show among other things, so let me know who you are!  as far as i know, there are 2 opening bands...Universe Shark and The Family Dinner.  i think this dude i used to know is helping put on this show.  its supposed to be an "official jam-boree preparty" and they will be raffling away free tickets for that.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 06:48:04 pm »
I am hoping to be in the Buff area during the day for some pre-show frolfing. If anyone is interested let me know.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 09:59:30 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;256591
I know Western NY is far for most people on .info but for anyone on the fence give this show a listen:

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2008-09-20.flac16

This was from the last time they played Buffalo which Dave (DS#) put on. Sadly, I think I was the only one to make the drive out. The show heats up during the Rufus > Metropolis and doesn\'t let up the rest of the night. Though there is a setbreak in the middle, from Rufus through May Fly Disarray they play 6 songs for 2 hours. Doesn\'t look like there is an opener either and I\'m pretty sure the bars are open until 4am.

Sorry chip on the Reba, guy.

A couple things...first, my friends band from the UB jam club, Universe Shark is opening.  Pretty good funky MMSW type band, def worth checking out.

Second, the fest Boozie speaks of which I threw at UB after I graduated was def in my top 3 shows of the breakfast.  Immense playing the entire night.  By far the best Ive ever heard Adrian play.  Worth listening to the entire show, and Booze left out that the Wake up in a Coma is a top 5 version, and the Psygn is incredible too.

The "Sorry Chip on the Reba guy" Rufism was in response to a repeated request I made to the band before the show to let me sit in on drums for a Reba, which was rejected due to them having no idea that I could actually play it (which i can).

Buffalo shows are always special...also check out the Broadway Joe\'s show from 5/5/05
http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2005-05-05.flac16
My first Breakfast show and a perfect example of the fire the band unleashed in all of 2005.
DS Newbers

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:25 pm »
Whooo!!

Wish list:

Gravity, Tribal Funk Affliction, Heather, Eppy 3

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »
:brocban:

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 12:42:37 am »
Would love to, but I\'m racking in all these miles driving back and forth to CT every other weekend..LOL! SO WORTH IT THOUGH!!!!!!!! ;-)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: